Evening trading US shares

Absolutely

This pic shown is the example of basket trades on Friday as i explained above,, ( sorry about posting Trades again as I am told it serves no purpose hence no more P/l
Grey1

Profit isn't a dirty word so keep on showing your p/l, after all thats what the name of the game is..

OK I shorted NVDA and RECN both pain in the butt,, Before I traded NVDA I checked the news and I saw a positive comment on NVDA so I decided to reduce my position size and go short,, I was hoping the technical would over ride the NEWS but it did not

Another one of very weak stock in my list was CCJ and i shorted that one in my list. CCJ was OB and on friday went below previous close near the end of the day hence the weakness,,, My position was large and I got most of the meat out of the trade ,

Position sizing is every thing in this game ,, shame i lost on RECN ,, I was kinda sure this stock would pay me

Grey1

Attachments

• ccj.jpg
    ccj.jpg
    877.9 KB · Views: 251
up 1400$ ish, not a simple trading day specially that I traded the PALM after hours and IB would not bloody close the position . All settings are correct as far as IB Technical people are concerned but I am sure there is a bug in the new down loads some where. Had IB closed my Pos in time I would have been up xtra 250$,, instead i paid them 30|$ to close the pos manually .

Still ,, trading is the best business on this planet.

Grey1

Attachments

• 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    850.7 KB · Views: 194
  • trades.jpg
    trades.jpg
    943.7 KB · Views: 183
Profit isn't a dirty word so keep on showing your p/l, after all thats what the name of the game is..
Ian my man

The reason I post p/l and the trades is because people can go back to my entries and exit and see why I took the trades and not any other reason,,, Thanks any way mate

grey1

Absolutely not.. Pre market activity often does not mean much for individual stocks,, Pre market activity on sector is different though ,,,

Why narrow down ? if you end up with 5 stocks then trade them all with much lesser POS size and let them run longer,, This way you have distributed the risk over a range ,,, I myself trade both styles,, fast scalping and Longer runs,,, I scalp fast because of my tools which helps me out a lot and my experience,,,

This pic shown is the example of basket trades on Friday as i explained above,, ( sorry about posting Trades again as I am told it serves no purpose hence no more P/l

Grey1

Thank you for going on about position sizing and its importance. In all my reading about the markets - no one but you and Van Tharp mention - position sizing. Its the one thing that has caused me to blow up my account before, and now I strictly follow a 0.5 -1% of my equity risk per trade rule ( there are many others, obviously).

EXcuse the ignorance - but what is MACCI - a form of the CCI ?

Cheers
CT

Thank you for going on about position sizing and its importance. In all my reading about the markets - no one but you and Van Tharp mention - position sizing. Its the one thing that has caused me to blow up my account before, and now I strictly follow a 0.5 -1% of my equity risk per trade rule ( there are many others, obviously).

EXcuse the ignorance - but what is MACCI - a form of the CCI ?

Cheers
CT
CT

Yep, MACCI is a Moving Average CCI. You may like to seek membership of the "Technical Trader" forum on this board to find out all about it (and much else).

Cheers

Steve

CT,

If you look in your Control Panel you will see "Group Memberships".
Click on it and the Technical Trader Thread will be displayed along with others and you will have the option to join. Grey1 will need to approve your membership.

Paul

Hi there,

This is a very interesting thread. I would like to see Grey1 post his P/L each day so I can check his entry and exit point and hopefully learn something from there.

Is CCIAverage(6,5) in tradestation 8.2 the same MACCI Grey1 and Trader333 use? I download VWAP_H indicator from tradestation forum and wonder whether it is the same VWAP indicator used here. Thank you.

Cathy

VWAP_H is the function for vwap and it is not the vwap indicator but you can get this from many of us here. Grey1 posts his P&L each day on the Technical Trader Forum which you would need to join by looking at your options and selecting Group Memberships and requesting to join.

Paul

Hi Trader333,
Thank you for the quick reply. I just PMed you with my email address. Would you send me VWAP indicator for TradeStation?

Is there any qualification to join Technical Trader Forum? I sent a request to Grey1 last week and when I checked this morning, my request is gone. Does this mean that my request is rejected? Thank you.

Cathy

Is there any qualification to join Technical Trader Forum? I sent a request to Grey1 last week and when I checked this morning, my request is gone. Does this mean that my request is rejected? Thank you.

Hi Cathy - welcome to T2W!
No, no special qualifications to join Grey 1's forum, otherwise he wouldn't have admitted me!
Admission is very informal; just click on the main 'forum' heading next to 'home' and then you'll find the Tech' Traders forum under Members' Boards. If you click on that you'll either go straight in or you'll get a polite message saying you're not yet a member. If the latter happens, try PMing Grey 1.
Enjoy!
Tim.

Hi Tim,
Thank you. I don't see Tech Traders Forum in "Member's boards" area. It only shows "CANSLIM Investing" and "Mapping Territory" board. Why is that?
I modified the CCIAverage indicator so it shows CCIAverage of three time frames as one indicator: 1 minute, 3 minute and 5 minute also a show me indicator to show a small dot when 1,3,and 5 CCIAverage overbought or oversold. I will post chart when I get home. If anyone is interested on this indicator and show me, let me know. I am not an easy language guru so if you find mistake in my chart or script, please let me know.

Cathy
Cathy

Cathy,

Try the following:

When you log on to T2W click on your own username at the top right of the page. On the left you scroll down to where is says "Group Memberships" click on this and you will see a list of private forums including Technical Trader with an option to request to join.

Paul

Hi Trader333,

This is exactly what I did last week (Thursday or Friday) and this request stayed on my Group Membership page for a few day but this Morning it disappeared. Anyway, I just send another request to join Tech Trader's Forum. Thank you for the help.

CCIExtreme

In above chart, yellow dot is oversold, blue dot is overbought. If anyone wants the indicator and show me study or has any suggestion/correction, please let me know. Thanks.

Cathy

Cathy,

I have sent you the vwap and macci indicators that may help you. Let me know how you get on.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I received two indicators. They look great, especially like VWAP. Thank you very much.

Cathy

Anyone trade EBAY today? Been in and out of it, and what a move this evening 200c in 7mins! I miss Mr Charts posting on this board, he has taught me a lot and anyone following his methods, keep going as they do work!

Hello there...Long time lurker first time poster. Just thought I would bump this thread as it has a tendancy to go quiet from time to time. I have learned much from various postings here and would like to keep it alive. I trade the evening session using similar methods to Grey1 with a bit of Mr Charts mixed in. Just 1 trade for me this evening on OMTR feeling lazy and dont want to give it all back............manage your greed.

Have a good weekend all.