Spread-free shares!

wrighty1979

Hi,
I am new to this bulletin board and have been reading a lot of the posts about the size of spreads and how they impede on profits, especially when day-trading.
Just to let you know i have just received a letter from Spreadex and they are offering spread-free US and European shares next month.
Just thought this would help all you day-traders out there!! :D

Just phoned them. Special offer of no spread is on for a month and applies to US and European( Not UK)Telephone orders only - standard spread = 0.9%.

Only for a month then......

rols said:
Just phoned them. Special offer of no spread is on for a month and applies to US and European( Not UK)Telephone orders only - standard spread = 0.9%.

When the month is up it's back to their very wide and uncompetitive spreads. :eek:

That is true, which is why i'm going to start trading the rolling daily shares when they come in shortly.
There was obviously a lot of volatility in the markets today and should be for the near future so i took advantage of the spread-free Euro shares.
I have accounts with other firms where the spreads are narrower but i can't get the positions on due to the higher margins, which is why i'm sticking with Spreadex for the leverage, especially for smaller shares.....

Rolling daily contracts - watch out for the -3% +3% that some comapnies make!
a little hint most cfd providers pay -1% below and above libor libid...
Any comments on the spread free offer? 0.9% spread on FTSE shares, 80% of there business is done on UK stocks, the rest they dont job off - "they run your risk".....
Well done Spreadex another highly inivative offer, but customer service is great....

Bin it

rols said:

Whats the matter with you people. Haven't you noticed the lower spreads from other companies (Capital Spreads etc). I repeat - when the Spreadex monthly offer is up it is back to their wide spreads. Wakey - wakey !!! :(

Neil,

Are their spreads really that bad? what is it you trade?

I generally trade equities and have found them very compettive, although yes, less so on the indices.

I dropped a post last year when they were running a similar promotion last year so it's good to see they are offering a little bit of edge now and again. I know people that only trade with Cantors on a Monday because they have a 1pt tick spread on the FTSE, but then it reverts to their monstrous spread.

why do people trade with Cantors/City/trads et al?

I think Capital spreads and Deal4Free are the only ones out there offering better spreads. We all know how bad D4F are, and as for CS, I for one won't be trading with them after what occured to me yesterday. I tried buying the FTSE online when it was trading 5050 ish, then as it went up a couple i was rejected. Although i was filled on a Daily Dow position, which went against me by 20 ticks. .what a surprise!! serisously, it has happened too many times and i am fed up with it. i did try and give them a call but it appears they have no staff!

then i called Spreadex and traded instantly but it was around 5085 but lost out on at least 35 points pure profit..

Also, trading Google yesterday spread-free was a real hoot when normally we are at a disadvantage because of spreads (Cantors far quarter 150 pts!!!).

horse19 said:
Neil,

Are their spreads really that bad? what is it you trade?

I generally trade equities and have found them very compettive, although yes, less so on the indices.

I dropped a post last year when they were running a similar promotion last year so it's good to see they are offering a little bit of edge now and again. I know people that only trade with Cantors on a Monday because they have a 1pt tick spread on the FTSE, but then it reverts to their monstrous spread.

why do people trade with Cantors/City/trads et al?

I think Capital spreads and Deal4Free are the only ones out there offering better spreads. We all know how bad D4F are, and as for CS, I for one won't be trading with them after what occured to me yesterday. I tried buying the FTSE online when it was trading 5050 ish, then as it went up a couple i was rejected. Although i was filled on a Daily Dow position, which went against me by 20 ticks. .what a surprise!! serisously, it has happened too many times and i am fed up with it. i did try and give them a call but it appears they have no staff!

then i called Spreadex and traded instantly but it was around 5085 but lost out on at least 35 points pure profit..

Also, trading Google yesterday spread-free was a real hoot when normally we are at a disadvantage because of spreads (Cantors far quarter 150 pts!!!).

Perhaps you should post your query on the CS thread. I trade Forex with fxcm but may change to Oanda.com. Look at Direct Access via IB for example but Spreadex are far behind the competition imho. Others may disagree but the choice is yours.

i've got to say FXCM look pretty good, lower margin requirements than i thought.

cheers Neil