EUR/CHF Spike this morning?

What's the reason for the downtrend?
Why will it reverse?

I stated that I saw a correction coming because price was oversold on the 4HR TF. Prices do make corrections, last week there was a risk of aversion sentiment that made the correction go farther before reversing.

fwiw I'm sh!t scared of putting anything on CHF or JPY atm.

A potential intervention is what concerns me sometimes... but because these 2 ccys are so overpriced and hurting their own economies, IMHO If the central banks are to intervene, they would be depreciating these two safe haven ccys, I can also be wrong.

I know we have no dislike for each other, and maybe I sidetracked the conversation by getting into that personal side of me. And, btw, I know I mentioned it before, but we are very diverse in our views of the markets, so you kow there are going to be disagreements. Antoher thing is, and this is kind of ironic, I don't expect anyone to agree with my methodology, or at least to the "T" of how I trade. It is very different.
You are right. Past performance has nothing to do with what might happen in the future. The week before my only losing week in 3 years, I had over 1,000 pips, so I know firsthand.
In helping a newbie, it is not my methodology that I am promoting, so let's call "a spade a spade". A newbie does not need my methodology to trade with, and I mentioned before I discourage someone from copying it because it is too far off the wall. Newbies need basic tools in order to survive in this world of trading, and this is what I convey to them. A methodology, and the time and hard work that goes with it. The ability to properly manage margin. Also, the ability to manage the mind, and the two basic factors of its association which are fear and greed, which need to be avoided. Those are the basic tools they need. Afterward, they have to decide what they are going to use to implement those tools, which are inidcators, et al. Many have started using the ichimoku cloud, because my believability in it was conveyed, but I still never tried to enforce the issue of using it.
Here's another point of why I never push my methdology, and it is key above all the rest. That is my proprietary set of S&R's. I will never give its formula. I will give the respective levels, but that is it. I enjoying doing it, because I love watching people be amazed when they see how cooperative price is with them. MY S&R's are the pride and joy of my methodology. The question is, "What if I die and someone copied my methodology verbatum?" Their career ends upon my death. This is why you can ask anyone I've worked with and they can tell you I have never forced my method of trading on them, but rather encouraged them to work on their own, while remembering the basic tools.
All personalities are different, which is another reason why no one methodology can fit to a tee two any two people. Even when I ran my signals service, the results were very different amongst all my clients.
As far as you are concerned, in the need you have to properly analyze a system is only part of the due diligence. Many people plunge in just because someone says it is the right thing to do. I had someone enter the EUR/CHF on the long just because I posted it, their account is down by 30% because it hit their stop, and mine is still coasting along. That individual did not do his due diligence, and lost his shirt based on someone he had loads of confidence in. I have said many times, "You can have confidence in the forecaster, but never risk your money just on what he says." This is another reason I am enjoying our dialogue. I know you will take me to task before you will just believe me. I am very comfortable given that scenario.
Tucker? That's him in the avatar.
The GBP/CHF. More good points. My S&R's not only give that, but they also measure the trend's depth, or lack thereof, and its range. Will it be wrong on occasion? Yes it will. But if it is wrong, and I'm off by a leg, then look out! The reversal ends up being all the more powerful. In one day, I went from about -460 total to closing at +280. It's okay to go DOWN 460 as long as the end product puts pips in your pocket. That may sound cocky, but it is still the bottom line.
My 80% winning trades is really to make a point. After 6 total years of trading, you can't call it luck.
Glad you brought up another point. Confidence? Yes, I have plenty. Arrogant? No way! I understand how the markets will bring you to your knees if you get out of the zone (lack of better words). I understand the markets are bigger than me. I also know I do not have it all figured out. I know I spend more time than most studying the markets, indicators and the entire mathematical scope of things. As a result, I get rewarded for all that work. I think that is fair. Don't you? Why would that be mistaken as arrogance or as someone who is a know-it-all?
I will guarantee you this. If there is something I need to find out about my methodology, I will work on it, real quick. I'm also open-minded to other ideas that might help me as a trader. That also could not be msitaken as arrogance. What I don't need to apologize for is I have outstanding forecasts.
Again, I will send you my Weekly Report if you want. I feel no need to prove myself to you or anyone else. But if it helps in understanding why my signature says what it does, then I'll send it your way.
BTW, I know you have no need to believe I am right almost all the time. Again, you are smart enough to not just take my word for it. Read my thread, follow my forecasts, and that is what really does the talking for me. That is what backs my words up. If you don't read my thread and follow the forecasts, then all I have offered are empty words, because you have not witnessed the proof. Also, I understand perfectly if you do not want to review my thread. It could be very boring reading for you. But then if you don't, then my word is all you have to go by, and then we are at a battle of words.
I have also alluded to my personal methodology as being more off-the-wall than wonderful. It is simply marvellous for me. Not anyone else.
The reason for my longevity and success is the exact reason for anyone else's--what I call the 3 M's--methodology, margin management, mind management. Those are the only 3 tools in the kit, and you got to have all 3 before you build your forex dream. Your approach is right for you (assuming you are winning consistently), mine is right for me (assuming I am winning consistently), but both are wrong for everyone else. Trading has to be a personal thing.
I had to delete your comments, or it was not going to get sent. Too long, I guess.

The 429 was not a stop. That was the total pulldown on the 3 GBP/CHF positions I had.
I agree with the statistics you posted, and if that was the probabilities as you stated, then that would be a another winning strategy.

In fairness, a strategy doing that (ie target 294, stop at 429) is going to print money if it comes off 2/3 of the time.

If it had come off 200 times out of the last 300 (with a reasonably uniform distribution of winners/losers), I'd be very tempted to trade it, because of its statistical makeup, rather than any TA rationale.

Gents, sorry, very busy today and will be away for parts of the day, so we'll have to postpone further discussion till later or maybe tomorrow.