EUR/CHF Spike this morning?

How come? Why more exciting than any other crosses?

EURCHF was more oversold than any other pair, ant it reached the bottom last week at 1.2971. It is now starting an uptrend and the pips we can make out of it is what makes it exciting.
IMO it will correct now, and I will be looking for a the bottom of the correction to enter a long position again.
Hope I answered your question.

So I went long at 1.2971, as per the recommendation of you technical gurus...

I have to say that I am not impressed with Mssrs Kijun and Ichimoku. And yes, it's been a very exciting week for EURCHF and for me, given the 1.2852 low.

EURCHF was more oversold than any other pair, ant it reached the bottom last week at 1.2971. It is now starting an uptrend and the pips we can make out of it is what makes it exciting.
IMO it will correct now, and I will be looking for a the bottom of the correction to enter a long position again.
Hope I answered your question.

What's the reason for the downtrend?
Why will it reverse?

You don't need to be impressed. So I'm off by one leg. I'll get the last laugh, like I always do, when I close the trade for huge gains.
Also if you read my thread, you would have read, that while the EUR/CHF was around 1.2980, I said it could possibly drop further to circa 1.2850.
I also hope you are like me, an extremely profitable trader (Sounds conceited, but it is fact, you know.). You have a completely different way of viewing the markets, and I'm not impressed with your way either. Why? It's because my way impresses me. I hope you feel that way about your way of trading. I have respect for profitable traders, but very few am I really impressed by.
With regards to your post on the "exciting week", the excitement has just begun, even though I did not make that particular post. Every week is exciting, because opportunities abond with many pairs. You just have to take your choice which ones you want to win with during that week.
A technical guru? Naw, that would signify I arrived. I know I never referred to me as that. I'm a technical trader, and you're not. No big deal.
Keep up the good posts. I would never ask you to be impressed with me. My success is self-evident as it needs no peripheral support. After all, the bottom line is to come out on the winning end of your trades. Everything else is just warn out rhetoric. BTW, tell your buddy, Waterford, that I said "hello". I approve of your post too.

I have to say that I am not impressed with Mssrs Kijun and Ichimoku. And yes, it's been a very exciting week for EURCHF and for me, given the 1.2852 low.

Last edited:
You don't need to be impressed. So I'm off buy one leg. I'll get the last laugh, like I always do, when I close the trade for huge gains.
I LOVE YOU, MAN! LOOK AT THIS BABY GO!

You and Mr Ichimoku are my two best friends now!!!! What does Mr. Ichimoku say here?

Ichimoku is not a person. "Ichimoku in Japanese means, "One look". Many Japanese traders use the ichimoku cloud as a standalone indicator. The ichimoku cloud is really 5 indicators in one, tenken sen, kijun sen, chinkou span, senkou span A, and senkou span B, and are all relvelant to the totality of a sound trading decision. I have never claimed to be an expert in the usage of the ichimoku, but it has helped me in being a good trader. I don't use it as a standalone, but is the cornerstone of my methdology, and is used in conjunction with my proprietary set of S&R's and the stochastics.
In my Weekly Report, I mentioned the correction that did take place, and for this week's target to be 1.3214. As you and I have both verifed, the downisde got stretched one extra leg, and so, for this week, the original target may have become disproportionalized. Even if this is only a correction to the downtrend, 1.3388, which is the weekly tenken is still a viable target, as it heads north into next week.
Attached is a daily chart. If someone was daytrading this pair, then the daily tenken would have been a good exit. This is not in hindsight, but because of the depth the pair started. It would have to pack a lot of steam in order to comfortably break through it today. Volume is the horsepower that ignites price action, which is why it always starts to get slow this time of the day. There is not enough volume left in the day to thrust price action on the other side of the tenken.
BTW, nothing to get too excited about. I have self-proclaimed ice in my veins, which helps to always keep the right perspective. It's still just another day at the office if the trade continued against me, or it done what it did today. The challenge in keeping emotions steady is not in the trade I had at the beginning of the week on the AUD/JPY (S), where I placed the trade, went to bed, and woke up to +91 pips. That's easy. The challenge is when things don't go that well, and yes, that also happens a lot. Got some more ice?

I LOVE YOU, MAN! LOOK AT THIS BABY GO!

You and Mr Ichimoku are my two best friends now!!!! What does Mr. Ichimoku say here?

Attachments

• eurchf daily.jpg
    eurchf daily.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 177
SND, IMO, and why I agree with DEC's views on the pair being OS, is that on the larger TF's--daily to monthly-- the pair has been buried under the respective clouds (Just through the eyes of my methodology.). The reverse was apparent before the collapse of cable. It was flying too high above the daily, and we see how it crumbled. It's just like a plane, when the altimeter says it is too high above the cloud, the plane needs to come down. Reverse logic is so in the case of the EUR/CHF.
DEC may have implied his allusions to the TRM bands. EUR/CHF is buried at or below -2 sigma, which means, once the pair gets its bearings together, it is in for a sharp reversal. That does not mean a complete trend change, but at the least, a strong correction that will last for days, and possibly weeks. Again, an example is cable. It has been 4 weeks since it hit extreme OB conditions with respect to the ichimoku cloud. It also hit +2 sigma. This is why 1.5278 (cut to the chase, for now) was on the radar (as per my post on my thread).
Also, today's sharp move may have been all that is needed to send the pair on its way. I mentioned in my previous post on this thread, we need to see a comfortable daily close above 1.3021.

What's the reason for the downtrend?
Why will it reverse?

Nah. They weren't getting along as a married couple, so they divorce and brought their kids-- kijun, senkou A, senkou B, and chinkou, to form one of the best and most dynamic indicators of all time.
Reminds of a story. Baseball is my favorite sport. Joe Tinker, Johnny Evers, and Frank Chance, were air tight in the Chicage Cubs' infield in the early 1900's. They were like best friends on the playing field, but hated each other with a passion once off the field.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Tell me it ain't so! I thought Mr Ichimoku and Ms Tenken were like a couple or something!

Thought you guys might want a more updated look for the EUR/CHF:

EUR/CHF: 1.3054 should be low end for any corrective process this week. The range on the high end for the week is 1.3293--1.3640. 1.3311 could be some tough R for the week. 1.3419 is on the longer term radar.

BTW, GBP/CHF is following close behind, so here goes:
GBP/CHF: Don't miss out on this move. It is going to be huge. The pair has its eyes on the daily kijun at 1.6134. There is room for this pair to splash back down to 1.5547, but don't count.

Those are 2 of my 9 highlighted pairs for the week.
I'm still holding the EUR/CHF, and just opened a position on the GBP/CHF, and closed the GBP/CAD for +140 pips.

I am sad, brother, very sad.

Daily kijun at 1.6134, MY ASS!!!! Huge move in GBPCHF?!!! 1.3311 the resistance in EURCHF?!!!! Let's see, shall we?

EURCHF: from the time you posted went more than 300 pips to a low of 1.2766, well through 1.3054 (which was, how did you put it, "the low end for any corrective process this week"); now at 1.2882 which is about 200 pips below where it was at the time of your post.
GBPCHF: from the time you posted went more than 250 pips to a low of 1.5427 in a near straight line; now at 1.5653, which is 40 pips below where you were looking for, what did you call it again, a "huge" move up two days ago.

You failed me, man... This is unacceptable. I thought this whole technical analysis thing works and is gonna make me a bajillionaire. And another thing, specifically your exceedingly modest and unassuming signature. Have I just been taken for a ride with one of your "outstanding forecasts"?

On a serious note, this, to me, is yet another demonstration of the "power" of TA. Might as well have flipped a coin.

Last edited:
You don't need to be sad. I just closed my GBP/CHF positions for a net gain of +284. That might make you feel better-- lol. The EUR/CHF is still not looking that good. I missed it the 2nd week in a row by a whole leg.
Read my whole Weekly Report. I did it on 28 pairs and gold. Read last week's review. Be prepared to be amazed. We won't be talking coin flip then.
I was wrong by one leg on the GBP/CHF, which is why I took the additional position at my WS2a at 1.5428. I got the strong move UP today, Even though it should move higher, I'm tired of looking at, so I took the 3 positions out.
Also the big difference with the EUR/CHF and my postion on it is that I have been in it quite awhile. Even with the current loss on the open position, it looks miniscule, because of the gains on my acount since I put my problem child up.
I have no probelms in admitting when I'm wrong on my forecasting. I thought by now EUR/CHF would be on its way to the moon. But, bet your life, I'll be there to take a few bows when I'm right. That's why I challenge you to read my Weekly Report and the respective reviews on my thread. A little humility and an ego, keeps me balanced, y'know.
BTW, I could have handled the EUR/CHF the same way I did the GBP/CHF, and added positions at the end of each leg, and by now, I would have come out smelling like a rose. The pair does not move as fast as the GBP/CHF, GBP/CAD, and other recent winning positions, so I have just let it run.
The power of TA!? Again read my WR. That is still all my winning trades were based on. Also, the GBP/CHF at 1.5547 was taken out, and the run ended at 1.5423--124 points. It would move in a practical straight line at that point. That's because strong support was taken out, and it "splashed" .

I am sad, brother, very sad.

Daily kijun at 1.6134, MY ASS!!!! Huge move in GBPCHF?!!! 1.3311 the resistance in EURCHF?!!!! Let's see, shall we?

EURCHF: from the time you posted went more than 300 pips to a low of 1.2766, well through 1.3054 (which was, how did you put it, "the low end for any corrective process this week"); now at 1.2882 which is about 200 pips below where it was at the time of your post.
GBPCHF: from the time you posted went more than 250 pips to a low of 1.5427 in a near straight line; now at 1.5653, which is 40 pips below where you were looking for, what did you call it again, a "huge" move up two days ago.

You failed me, man... This is unacceptable. I thought this whole technical analysis thing works and is gonna make me a bajillionaire.

On a serious note, this, to me, is yet another demonstration of the "power" of TA. Might as well have flipped a coin.

OKI-DOKI, fair enuff... Again, I don't really know much about all this technical mumbo-jumbo, so let's not talk about all this WS2a and "splashing" stuff.

I am trying to get to the bottom of how exactly you claim you can make money. Basically, you're saying that your forecasts are often wrong, but the method is viable because you're up? If that's accurate, this doesn't inspire any confidence, y'know? Have you tried calculating any of your performance metrics, such as Sharpe etc? Just looking at the GBPCHF trade, are you telling me you were happy to take a 284 pip drawdown (on your first clip) for a 284 pip gain? And there are no stops in sight, right?

What are the the "respective reviews" you want me to read, exactly? Moreover, judging by your signature (which should, ideally, summarize your approach), there doesn't seem to be a shred of humility in sight. How about changing the last bit to "Just outstanding forecasts, which are often completely erroneous."?

I never said I am "often wrong". I would be void of my ego is I was. I said, "I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong." In being wrong it keeps my ego in check. If I was wrong often, then we would not be talking, because I would not be coming around.
It would not inspire confidence seeing the 2 pairs I posted a forecast on in this thread I have been wrong on by a whole leg. I would honestly thing you were nuts if you said, "Paul, you were only wrong by a whole leg on thse picks, so I now I have unadulterated confidence in your method.
Part 2 of the confidence thing-- The people that follow my thread that have followed my thread in the past, have that confidence in my analysis, because being consistnetly right on approximately 24 out of 28 picks per week ain't bad.
Part 3-- The amazing thing is that I don't aim for someone's confidence. That part of it comes naturally (Not here, because I am 0 for 2.), as followers of my thread and blog will atest. What I shoot for is to have my trading challenged to take it to a new level, and to help a newbie here and there that is looking to make it in trading.
3a. I never challenge nor promote my methodology. It is the strangest method of trading you have ever seen. A methodology can be developed for each individual, and if you are trading successfully, you will agree with that, because your method produces winning results. The nice thing about the inidividualality of trading is that 2 people can have as diverse views as you and I do, and we are winners, nevertheless.

I don't try and do a metrics thing on calculating my performance. I just love seeing 80% of my trades return as winners. I love counting pips (Thus, 4xpipcounter). And, I do love converting pips to money. That's really nice! Tucker gets really nice dog treats, when I get lots of pips. Oh yeah, my wife and I also get to do really nice things, and go really nice places.
I was about 300 pips down on the 1st trade, That was not my forecasting's fault. I had to take the fault there for entering a little too early.
I had a net of +284 pips on the 3 trades. The first trade that was entered at 1.5711 was -46 pips. The other 2 combined for +310 pips to equal +284.
Right. No stops (Against most rules.)! I don't like getting spiked out of trades. I also don't like 55% winning percentages (Not knocking anyone that does have 55%. If it produces net positive pips, then that is all that counts.). I'm also confident enough in my methodology that I have entered at the extremties of any trend within any TF. The mathematics are always on my side. I margin 10%, which is 1 lot per 10k in my account. That means the trade would have to back up on my 1,000 pips before it would bankrupt. Another thing is that I have my backup plan. I may have a trade go awry on me. It will never go 1,000 pips against me, but let's say some freaky, off-the-wall thing happens. The likelihood is that I could be in a "freaky"trade, and I see another pair that is really hot that I want to trade. I'm not stupid. I'm not going to put up another trade and put my whole margin in my account in jeopardy. Therefore, my backup plan (You won't hear this from most trades.) I have at least what is equal in my trading account in readily liquid assets. Sooo, I deposit an extra amount which is what I call a holding for that trade. Once that trade is closed, I withdraw the amount that I used to accomodate it.
Also in the case of a situation like the GBP/CHF, when I know I have a fast moving pair on my hands. I know that when it reverses, like it did today, it's going to be big, which is why I'll add to my position if it drops a leg. In this case I added twice, which tripled the pleasure going back up. Even at doubling it, if I am down 300, and I gain only 200 of it, I am actually up 100. The math, right? 220*2 is 400, after being down by 300, so it equals +100. Today's trade can be viewed as 1 net trade of a gain, or 2 winners and 1 loser. That is just IMPO.
The "respective reviews" that I mentioned. I mentioned my Weekly Report, but that was in referring to this week's. Therefore, there are no reviews for this week, because it is not finished, yet. The respective review could be the one from last week. You cna dig through my thread and find it, or you can PM me your e-mail address, and I'll send it to you. As always, I hold a great deal of respect for people's privacy, so my WR's are all you will get, and no one else will ever get your e-mail.
LOL, I could never say they are "often completely erroneous, because I would be lying. I am right, almost all the time. Call it ego and not the lack of humility. Seriously, if you really knew me, you would know someone ideally confident, and yet, idealy honest and humble, and yet, someone with a big ego. If you like that blend, then you will like me, if not, then I apologize. You are part of the human race, so you will never get me to dislike you.
The honest comes in with being completely frank (No pun intended.) and upfront about the bad forecasts on the Swiss crosses we are talking about.

OKI-DOKI, fair enuff... Again, I don't really know much about all this technical mumbo-jumbo, so let's not talk about all this WS2a and "splashing" stuff.

I am trying to get to the bottom of how exactly you claim you can make money. Basically, you're saying that your forecasts are often wrong, but the method is viable because you're up? If that's accurate, this doesn't inspire any confidence, y'know? Have you tried calculating any of your performance metrics, such as Sharpe etc? Just looking at the GBPCHF trade, are you telling me you were happy to take a 284 pip drawdown (on your first clip) for a 284 pip gain? And there are no stops in sight, right?

What are the the "respective reviews" you want me to read, exactly? Moreover, judging by your signature (which should, ideally, summarize your approach), there doesn't seem to be a shred of humility in sight. How about changing the last bit to "Just outstanding forecasts, which are often completely erroneous."?

Right, that's all fine and dandy, Paul... I also appreciate the fact that we're arguing like civil people, which is not too common. I have no reason to dislike you, I am simply disagreeing with you and we're having a discussion.

Now let's talk about more specific points here. Let me start with the basic premise. A priori I know nothing about you and your track record or lack thereof ('cause past performance is no indication of future performance, right?). I am only trying to decide for myself whether your methodology makes basic sense. So let's think about this for a moment...

Firstly, the fact you're around and posting tells me nothing. Furthermore, with all due respect, the fact that there are people who follow your posts and have confidence in you tells me even less than nothing. There's all sorts of people out there. Thirdly, if you're posting on a public forum and state that one of your goals is to "help a newbie here and there", you're in fact promoting your methodology. There's nothing wrong with that, as this is a public forum, caveat emptor and all that, but let's call a spade a spade. Finally, the fact that all methods are nice and viable, as long as they work, doesn't hold water with me. I'd better be able to analyze an investment strategy upfront using common sense, no matter how well it's worked in the past, given that, again, past performance doesn't guarantee future performance.

Now let's stop alluding to your wonderful successes, e.g. "I don't calculate metrics, I just love seeing 80% of my trades return as winners". That's a very silly statement. With all due respect, I also don't particularly care how you spend your hard-earned chunks of change. You might as well smoke crack and screw every skanky whore arnd, if that's the sorta thing that floats your boat. You sound like a nice guy and an upstanding member of the community, which is most wonderful indeed (I also hope Tucker is a dog, 'cause it'd be too cruel otherwise :)).

Let's just take a look at your GBPCHF trade. I know it turned out to be a winner in the end, but with your first two fills, you were down arnd 429 pips in total on the lows, where you added again. I understand the logic and the simple arithmetic of averaging down, but what if GBPCHF didn't go back up and instead of tripling the pleasure you would have tripled the pain? Using your "maths", down 200 on double the size after down 300 on the first clip is down 700, right? All this is, btw, easy to formulate using simple probabilities, which I would recommend you do. And please don't tell me that you knew it was going up. Didn't you also know it was going up when you got into your first clip at 1.5711? My point is that you were happy to risk >429 pips to make 284. That isn't a sound strategy to me, no matter how many times it has worked for you in the past. Now you clearly have another risk management method, which you have described and which I didn't really get into. Maybe that's the real reason for your longevity and success, rather than your amazing forecasts and your actual trading strategies. In that case, you should stop deluding yourself and others that you have this wonderful approach, 'cause it's wonderful for all the wrong reasons.

Finally, again you claimed you were humble. I don't know anything about you, neither good, nor bad. I certainly have no reason to believe that you're "right, almost all of the time". So when I see your signature, I don't think to myself: "Here's a guy with some humility, who also has a healthy modicum of confidence and ego". More like, "Yet another arrogant pr1ck who thinks he's got it all figured out". But, as you correctly point out, that's just me with my personal biases.

...you were happy to risk >429 pips to make 284. That isn't a sound strategy to me, no matter how many times it has worked for you in the past.

In fairness, a strategy doing that (ie target 294, stop at 429) is going to print money if it comes off 2/3 of the time.

If it had come off 200 times out of the last 300 (with a reasonably uniform distribution of winners/losers), I'd be very tempted to trade it, because of its statistical makeup, rather than any TA rationale.

Last edited:

I noticed that you used the word gurus, in a sarcastic manner and posted this to continue a discussion about trading.
If someone entered at 1.2971, there were possible 300 pips of profit, Paul helped people in the past by sending signals and telling them when to close the trade, in addition to the forecasts, but that is an extra responsibility that he doesn't take for everyone.
It seems that you are trying to prove something when you said that you were excited even when your trade was down, but I wouldn't take it personal.