ES tonight

no seriously, i'm really getting into Ichimoku Kinko Hyo, both as a stand-alone system and especialyy as a confirmation for or against my normal pivot point triggers
i admit that it takes some time to master, but once you've spent enough hours, as I have recently, you can pretty much look at an Ichimoku chart and see instantly the assimilation of the many signals it generates

but know you're too busy being a good dad to have the time for the study required.....not to mentioned being bone idle :)

Rath - answer me this.

Why on earth would such a thing work? It's just a bunch of formulas calculated on historical prices and turned into squiggly lines.

because they are................................................................................pretty !!!

you just don't get it do you Pedro ?

Pedro, my system used to call for me to take every trade from any trigger point.

Now I'm simply using Ichimoku to try to filter out some of the bad trades - that can't be a bad thing surely ?

Obviously we don't know what will happen later in this sesh, but just now Ichimoku kept me out of going Long at my Buy trigger, where previously I would have automatically bought, as per my old rules.....

Attachments

• kept out.gif
    kept out.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 179
well that went better than expected, and quicker
but it's hard to celebrate the end of Western civilisation as we knew it

(the marker <P> is where Ichimoku kept me out of trade that my old rules would have taken)
("bed" is when I err, went to.....bed)

Attachments

• S&P500 mon 8 aug.gif
    S&P500 mon 8 aug.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 165
A fresh close above Tenkan Span (red line) and I’d be a buyer again, and I certainly wouldn’t be looking to sell UK Gilts at this time!!!

Attachments

• GILT LONG.gif
    GILT LONG.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 159
If Chikou Span (yellow line) crosses through Price, I’d stay neutral,
But this looks like a very good opportunity to Short-sell Mr Buffet’s company Berkshire H.

Attachments

• BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY 10 aug.gif
    BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY 10 aug.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 196
And exactly the same as Berkshire for those French chaps, here’s the CAC40:
Looking to Short some frog’s legs if Chikou (yellow)turns back down, or stay neutral if not

(actually, the charts for the HSI, Nikkei, the Dax, FTSE, even S&P all look pretty similar.
Was yesterday a return to bullishness ?
or a Short-sellers dream, a short-lived bounce offering fresh opportunities to Short at higher prices ?
the next couple of days will be interesting .....

Attachments

• CAC 40 10 aug.gif
    CAC 40 10 aug.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 183
But, I'm getting no clear signals on the S&P itself...

yesterday Market Profile worked very well, with price zooming from Value Area Low almost to the penny at Value Area High

Price is above today's Value Area, suggesting either a continuation upwards at least to Central Pivot at 1224-ish, or even the Next Pivot Level at 1239

or a swift, painful (for Bulls) drop back down again, through VAHi at least to VALo ?

Chikou, Tenkan and Kijun Spans are all show early signs of bullishness, Price has pooped above the current Kumo Cloud, and it looks like Horizon Kumo Cloud is about to change to positive.
But I’m still not convinced, and not a Buyer at this time
Watch and wait and hope for a fresh clear Sell Signal, or become persuaded by the Bulls ……..

Attachments

• S&P500 10aug.gif
    S&P500 10aug.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Last one from me today :clap:
Oil – I’d prefer to sell than to buy, if the signals start firing off …

Attachments

• Crude Oil 10 Aug.gif
    Crude Oil 10 Aug.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 172
is this the end of the mini upwards reversal, and price will head back down where it belongs ?
I'm shorting at 1185-ish, just as soon as price closes below the Kumo Cloud

Attachments

• tues 16 aug_S&P500.gif
    tues 16 aug_S&P500.gif
    23 KB · Views: 189
and price is now down below VAL supporting the notion to Short from here ...

Attachments

• Tues 16 Aug_DJ 30 VAL.gif
    Tues 16 Aug_DJ 30 VAL.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 175
After the slaughter and crazy volatility of recent weeks, this pair is taking a well earned breather.
But as you can see, it’s done nothing but creep along it’s weekly pivot point for the last 4 or 5 days.

Somethings gotta give, and probably very soon
(Mark, you’re better than me on Fundamentals, there’s probably some News pending which will affect this pair ?)

But News or no News, it would be a good idea to position oneself for a breakout from this tight consolidation,
Either outright directional, if you believe you can anticipate which way it will move
or with a bracket order to catch a move in either direction…

Attachments

• something has to happen USDJPY.gif
    something has to happen USDJPY.gif
    30 KB · Views: 196
  • USD JPY something has to happen.jpg
    USD JPY something has to happen.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 226
go on Pedro, take a shot at me

Moi????

Is that a forex chart you have up there?

reler,
if i could ever offer you one serious word of advice in between Tiger beers, f::ck forex,
it's a complete ballax, newbie graveyard.
Stick to what the pros look at, ES, or at worst YM ......

don't take my word for it. check out all the threads. which ones offer the most get-rich-quick-sucker BS ........ the Banker's pay cheque, retail foreskin ....

reler,
if i could ever offer you one serious word of advice in between Tiger beers, f::ck forex,
it's a complete ballax, newbie graveyard.
Stick to what the pros look at, ES, or at worst YM ......

don't take my word for it. check out all the threads. which ones offer the most get-rich-quick-sucker BS ........ the Banker's pay cheque, retail foreskin ....

Shurely shome mishtake?

:)
just caught my eye, that's all......such an obvious period of tight consolidation after some recent wild moves
wouldn't matter if it was the price of fish cakes ......