Election Predictions

The best possible result for Labour is a Hung parliament between the Tories and LibDems. That way when all the cuts come in resulting in everyone hating them and then the coalition collapses it will be the perfect scenario for Labour to get back in with a large majority.

Paul

More likely in fighting will ensue...Brown will be ousted and then the inevitable inward collapse...thus rendering themselves un-electable for three terms hopefully.

So a hung parliament may be the best outcome in the longer term...but in the short term, a nightmare.

I still recon Cameron could sneak it outright.

It doesn't matter who gets in,..policy is dictated from outside the paradigm of most voters.
Public perception and reality are two entirely separate constructs,..
And I'm guessing only a small percentage of folk who read this post actually get it !

Yep, and why not bask in the warmth/enjoy your higher intelligence on these matters...:)

Did the US voters actually believe they voted in Obama? The decision had been made for them a year earlier. Plenty of US citizens are now as embarrassed as their UK counterparts still are over the mass hysteria whipped up over Diana's death, the MM learned some incredibly valuable lessons on that subject...Best bit for me in his campaign was the mainstream media citing that 300,000 had turned up to watch him give a Martin Luther King/JFK type speech in Berlin...The 300,000 were there for a free concert, Obama gatecrashed it...

Do the UK voters realise our government/parliament is simply an impotenet squawk box in relation to Yirrup? Still, let's go through the traditional charade...let Simon Cowell do it next time, it's that relevant...:rolleyes:

Black Swan,..
I think the key concept you pulled out the bag is "tradition",...a very big part of the culture machine!
But, even those are being eroded, slowly but surely, to allow for the new system that is being imposed.
Do you notice these things ?
I'm sure you do ! : )

I think we'll perhaps have a Tory minority government.
We'll know rather soon anyway.

Black Swan,..
I think the key concept you pulled out the bag is "tradition",...a very big part of the culture machine!
But, even those are being eroded, slowly but surely, to allow for the new system that is being imposed.
Do you notice these things ?
I'm sure you do ! : )

Is the new system being 'imposed' by some hidden secret Illuminati or is it just that the current economic system is being outgrown and the world is waking up to the fact that perpetual exponential growth is no longer a possibility?

meaneversion,...
If one was to conclude that a conscious human is, his or her mind,..and there are a myriad of possibilities to thought and it's processes,..please explain what you mean by "psycho babble" ?
Or is that just a metaphor for sticking ones head in the sand !
Disclaimer: My questions aren't attacks or challenges, I'm only ever intrigued.

nunrgguy,..
Just for my edification,..how would you know the world is waking up to the fact that perpetual exponential growth is no longer a possibility?
Where does your information come from,....how do you know this to be true?
Or do you rely on faith in your prognostications ,...I'm just a curious bystander,...

Actually I confess I have been reading about psychology recently and its effects, but in relation to the game of golf. The theory put forward is that the subconscious is fed a drip of expectations and beliefs from the conscious mind, and subsequently assists the body in achieving the "expected" outcome. In other words, if you normally shoot 95 but start off level par for the front nine, the subconscious will contrive to force many errors on the back nine, in order to end up with the expected score (this is very true in my experience).

The author goes on further to explain that was is required is a re-programming of the subconscious. In other words, forget your bad shots and just dwell on the good ones.

The solution in trading to get round the subconscious is to develop a mechanical trading system. Unfortunately there is no equivalent in golf.

(this is not exactly "on thread" but I've found it interesting nonetheless)

Actually I confess I have been reading about psychology recently and its effects, but in relation to the game of golf. The theory put forward is that the subconscious is fed a drip of expectations and beliefs from the conscious mind, and subsequently assists the body in achieving the "expected" outcome. In other words, if you normally shoot 95 but start off level par for the front nine, the subconscious will contrive to force many errors on the back nine, in order to end up with the expected score (this is very true in my experience).

The author goes on further to explain that was is required is a re-programming of the subconscious. In other words, forget your bad shots and just dwell on the good ones.

The solution in trading to get round the subconscious is to develop a mechanical trading system. Unfortunately there is no equivalent in golf.

(this is not exactly "on thread" but I've found it interesting nonetheless)

nunrgguy,..
Just for my edification,..how would you know the world is waking up to the fact that perpetual exponential growth is no longer a possibility?
Where does your information come from,....how do you know this to be true?
Or do you rely on faith in your prognostications ,...I'm just a curious bystander,...

:LOL: I didn't say that I knew - there was a question mark there.

I live in the East Riding of Yorkshire, generally conservative territory, however, in Hull, which has always being a Labour Stronghold with "prezza" Prescott ruling the roost, at the last local elections, Labour lost this traditional stronghold to the LibDems, (actually, they have done a better job of running the city council than labour did as well), local polls suggesting Libs are ahead of Labour in 2 of the four local wards which have always being Labour strongholds, if this is repeated throughout the country, no doubt we will see a conservative win, Libdem second and Labour a lowly
3rd, we'll soon find out, interesting times ahead I guess.

If one was to conclude that a conscious human is, his or her mind,

Then one would be very mistaken. The mind likes to act in a way that would presuppose this but it is not the case and we are much more than just the mind.

Paul