Golden Brown, texture like.........

wasp

Legendary member
... You don't need me to end that!

Barry Gardiner latest MP to be sacked for plotting against Gordon Brown - Telegraph

Mr Gardiner, a former minister, is among a dozen Labour MPs who have publicly called for a Labour leadership election, setting the scene for a bloody Labour Party conference in Manchester this weekend.

Downing Street this morning announced that Mr Gardiner has been dismissed from his largely honorary role as Mr Brown's personal envoy on forestry.

He is the third MP to lose a job after challenging Mr Brown. Siobhan McDonagh was sacked as a Government whip on Friday. On Saturday, Joan Ryan was dismissed as Mr Brown's envoy to Cyprus.

Mr Brown's official spokesman told reporters at Westminster that the Brent North MP had been removed from his forestry post "by mutual consent" over the weekend.

Despite the sackings, No 10 has been careful to avoid personal criticism on the rebel MPs, and Brownite allies have been told to hold back on the vitriolic attacks they often direct at those who challenge the Prime Minister.

Mr Brown's allies say they do not want to lend the plotters credibility by engaging with them.

They are also concerned to avoid antagonising serving ministers who privately sympathise with the rebels: it is understood that some ministers are ready to resign in protest if the No 10 briefing machine attempts to vilify the rebel MPs.

The action against Mr Gardiner came as Mr Brown prepares to face a renewed threat to his leadership as the Labour party's ruling committee prepares to meet tomorrow.

I love this government, god forbid anyone should stand up for the country! :eek:

british politicians eventually run out of goodwill from the people.
maybe we should bring in some Polish politicians to do the work properly, on time, and on budget?

(anyway, the problems are caused by people abdicating their social duty, and expecting the state to do everything is the cause; so dont blame Brown, its not entirely his fault.)

You don't understand .... it's not Gordon's fault. It's just that the people don't understand his message. So he and his cronies will just have to keep repeating it until you get it - right?

This is the man who was (and must still be :LOL:) the UK's finest Chancellor - it's just that the world has conspired against him, so it's not his fault. He had his plan, his stops were in place, all the signals were on green - it's just that the market had it in for him.

- ....Yeah, right!

PS. I think it all started after the floods of 2007 - remember when he was walking on water? I reckon he caught some water-borne virus which has the reverse effect of the Midas touch.

And we are all wrong about the EU Treaty thing, so they will either bring it in through the back door, or let us keep voting on it until we get the right answer..so much for Democracy...BTW, I don't know about the rest of the U.K., but new Scottish banknotes look more like Euronotes than anything else...

GB might be a member of this forum!!

you never know.

The discussions might help shape his policies!

Maybe GW is too!

Nah! A forum would be too democratic for Gordy, (who is making the right long term decisions..etc.Concentrating on the issues which confront us..) Christ, if he had a clue what he was talking about we wouldn't be here in the first place. He has to be the worst PM we have ever had, clinging on to his job, and refusing to face reality, or take any responsibility for the situation we are in. No-one in this Government seems to have the balls to accept responsibility, it's all snouts in the trough and take what you can, for as long as you can.;:cry:

Last edited: