ECNs account or bucket shops?

john_almighty

Hi All,

I am new to the world of forex trading. I have been trying out my strategies which involves mostly scalping on demo accounts of many well known dealers like alpari, fxpro, FXCM etc .... I have had different levels of success with them all but then when I started reading reviews about the brokers, I was amazed at the many horror stories users had with bucket shops and what i have conclude is that ECNs seem to be better option for scalpers... I want to know all you experienced FX scalpers take on this.

I was surprised to hear very bad stories about some of the advertised preferred brokers here like FXCM, who have been accused of widening spreads time and again to stop loss people.

Having looking around, I am now looking at opening my fx account with FXOPEN in their ECN account option .. they admit their standard account is a dealing desk while their ECN is a direct market access with no pips added and charging 7 usd per 1oo k usd traded.... I am fine with paying transaction fees but i hate spread tricks.. I have been receiving end of too many of them ...

Can people advise me about the FXOPEN ECN account and any other ECNs they have exp with .. I am looking at ECNs which have a low deposit ( sub 2000 USD reqd for opening account) ...

any comment or views about ECNS and dealing desk brokers is also appreciated.

At the end of the day, it is very diff to find a good broker for FX since the FX world is OTC ... but i think a novice at FX should atleast use a decent broker as the last thing you want to confuse you is a dishonest broker playing tricks..the market is playing enough tricks already :cheesy: