ECN Forex based in the UK

sharebaitt2w

Hi there All,

I have been reading up about the ECN v Dealing desk debate and have chosen to go forward with an ECN provider.However, can't find a UK based ECN provider, does anyone know of a reliable one or should I not worry where they are based?

I will be scalping GBP/USD, require a limited risk account and guaranteed stop losses and through an ECN - pls can anyone make any recommendations that satisfy my above requirements.

TIA

No replies yet.

Originally I liked the sound of odlmarkets, but they are dealing desk (MM) and was reading somewhere that they 'stop hunt' and elsewhere that they are a scam?

"limited risk account" sounds like a spread betting term to me, I can't imagine any firm offering access to the real market on such terms.

Difficult to compete with Interactive brokers for forex - as long as you don't mind only low leverage available and delays if you ever need to telephone an order. Yes, it's a U.S. firm, although they do have a U.K office.

No replies yet.

Originally I liked the sound of odlmarkets, but they are dealing desk (MM) and was reading somewhere that they 'stop hunt' and elsewhere that they are a scam?

not used them but they are not a scam they have been around for years and used to be called options direct, member of LSE etc.

Also if they are a reputable firm then they will not be "stop hunting" as their prices track the underlying market and so only go where the market goes not where they deide to put it.

Hi there All,

I have been reading up about the ECN v Dealing desk debate and have chosen to go forward with an ECN provider.However, can't find a UK based ECN provider, does anyone know of a reliable one or should I not worry where they are based?

I will be scalping GBP/USD, require a limited risk account and guaranteed stop losses and through an ECN - pls can anyone make any recommendations that satisfy my above requirements.

TIA

Dont think there are any ecn,s for forex in uk.
however fxcm & fx solutions both 99.18 % auto execution. both seem well regulated.