Easylanguage Candle Ident

Does MultiChart have any options where you can use code to write things to a text file ?

Not that I'm aware of StratOpt but that doesn't mean much where I am concerned. It has the facility of writing your own formulas but a print out file like you are talking about, I honestly don't know although I don't think so. The alerts were just audio or visual when I checked and said nothing about a print log.

The code is working great, every so often i get an alert letting me know what candle has just printed on the selected stocks. Thank you again StratOpt. On my Amibroker I could click on a candle and the type of candle would show on the chart. Is it possible to have that with TS or MC as well? I'll send you a screen shot of how it appears on AB.

Here is the screen shot StratOpt.

Tim

Attachments

• Yamana.PNG
    Yamana.PNG
    70 KB · Views: 244
Here is the response I got from MC support StratOpt. I hope that answer your question. My apologies for being so stupid when it comes to computers.

If you want to see a script's output, you just need to select the output tab in PLEditor.

If you want to have the results printed into a file you can use the print function. Please see an example from MultiCharts Help below:

Print(File("C:\test.txt"),CurrentDate,CurrentTime); will save the output of CurrentDate and CurrentTime to the test.txt file in the root directory of the C: hard drive

Let me know if this is what you need.

You ought to be able to select the output tab then and see the print out there from the EL code. It sounds as if this is the same thing as an EL output window. The print to file is exactly the same as the TS one, and Yes I can make it where you can click the screen and see what is there in TS

You ought to be able to select the output tab then and see the print out there from the EL code. It sounds as if this is the same thing as an EL output window. The print to file is exactly the same as the TS one, and Yes I can make it where you can click the screen and see what is there in TS

Here is an example of just such a thing. It takes one more line of code to add this to your TS window and then you have to make a selection from the main menu bar at the top of the platform.

Attachments

• RavenPattern.png
    RavenPattern.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 279
Looking at your screen shot StratOpt, it looks like MC and TS are very similar in some ways. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada so I am a long way from Arkansas but I sure would enjoy sharing a cup of tea with you or maybe some of your moonshine. On second thought I will stay with the tea cause I don't thing I'm tough enough to drink any shine.......lol. Thank you for your kindness.

Best regards,

Tim

Maybe one of these days I will end up in Canada hunting caribous, whitetails or bears or something. Tea I can handle, coffee NOT. Moonshine is good too :)