Eagles Nest

Here are a few charts I like
aguqb1.png

bludwz8.png

schwcb6.png

smscyd4.png

Eagles soar said:
I’ve got 39 stocks out of 1289 tonight. Here are the sub-sectors showing the most returns.
Residential Construction 6 stocks
Textile-Apparel Clothing 4 stocks
Investment Brokerage-National 3 stocks
Major Airlines 2 stocks
Specialty Eateries 2 stocks
We will focus on some of these groups next week and she what happens. I’m surprised by the small amount of returns and of pullbacks I’ve received tonight.

Residential Construction gain since hit screens...

MDC %7.76
PHM %6.13
BZH % 6.06
MHO %4.77
RYL %4.58
XHB %4.42

39 hit punch list with 4 neg. rest pos.!!

Here are a few long-term stocks of interest on a few larger stocks
BA- bouncing off support from back in 2001
TXN- Symmetrical triangle from 2002
BMY- monthly stage one base running last 4 years
MS- uptrend in tact from 2002
MER- testing old highs from 2001
CCU- had been in a downtrend since 2000. currently testing downtrend line
T- broke out of a stage 1 currently in 3rd month of stage 2
CL- trying to make a run for new highs
USB- trying for new highs
AA- symmetrical triangle look about it

Here are some industry groups I will be looking at next week. Here are the results of my scans

Possible Short Plays
Oil & Gas Equipment & Services 12 stocks
Independent Oil & Gas 6 stocks
Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration 4 stocks

That is about it. I’ve got more returns and will post the list this weekend. I’m not to crazy about going long right now. My scans tell me caution on the long side.

Hi,

A stock that's done very well for me recently is AKAM.

I bought this originally at about $43.50 on 12th September and now it's around the $50 mark. I've added additional pyramid positions to this stock 3 times on the way up so it's showing a nice profit.

I have to agree with you about caution on the long side. The DOW has tried to break into new highs for 2 days now and failed.

Could be in for a bit of a fall?

Thanks

Damian

damianoakley said:
Hi,

A stock that's done very well for me recently is AKAM.

I bought this originally at about $43.50 on 12th September and now it's around the $50 mark. I've added additional pyramid positions to this stock 3 times on the way up so it's showing a nice profit.

I have to agree with you about caution on the long side. The DOW has tried to break into new highs for 2 days now and failed.

Could be in for a bit of a fall?

Thanks

Damian

Damian, AKAM has been on a tear as of late. Great job with your purchase. Don't get me wrong I'm bull but just think more opportunities will emerge once we have a little pullback. I think we could see the possibility of some shorts in the energy group. I'm just not getting many long set-ups and this normally tells me to stand by and manage open positions... I guess we shall see soon enough what transpires...

Energy:
WHQ MRO OII OIS LUFK PBR GRP ALJ XTO PTEN CAM DRQ EAC UPL CLB FTI CRK UCO WLL EPEX DNR BJS

Metals & Mining:
SID ACI OS MDG CNX

Hi George,

I agree that this week may be best just managing open positions until the direction of the DOW becomes clear.

It would be great if the DOW could make a new high, but I'm not sure it has the strength.

By the way - any particular reason you are focusing on Energy/Metals & Mining in particular?

Thanks

Damian

Damian, I'm not completely convinced that Energy or commodities in general has finished its downward move. Currently I think it is just in a pullback and I have to go with the longer term trend on them and for now that trend is down.

Eagles soar said:
Energy:
WHQ MRO OII OIS LUFK PBR GRP ALJ XTO PTEN CAM DRQ EAC UPL CLB FTI CRK UCO WLL EPEX DNR BJS

Metals & Mining:
SID ACI OS MDG CNX
Price targets Hit----->>>>>

I'll need to rescan the market and see what might be going on. Trin still up and I;ll go long when it begins to rollover.

Hi George,

Interesting that the DOW has made a record close today.

Will be running my own scan in the morning to see if there's anything new worth being bullish on.

Still plenty of reasons to be cautious though - can the DOW hold it's high is the question.

Thanks

Damian

Oils and metals did fall down very nicely. Here are possible groups I'll be looking at on the long side. I still did not get many returns.

Internet Software & Services (4)
Apparel Stores (3)

damianoakley said:
Hi George,

Interesting that the DOW has made a record close today.

Will be running my own scan in the morning to see if there's anything new worth being bullish on.

Still plenty of reasons to be cautious though - can the DOW hold it's high is the question.

Thanks

Damian

Damian, your right as far as caution is needed. We shall soon find out in time. I did not get many stocks tonight..

Interesting that you mention the 2 industry sectors above, as 2 of my most successful recent trades have been in these very sectors.

AKAM I mentioned a few posts ago is an internet services company that I've pyramided up from 43.50.

CMRG is a clothes retail company that I bought at around $12.00 and have also managed to pyramid.

AKAM has closed at another high today which I am pleased about.

Will be interesting to see where these stocks go from here.

Thanks

Damian

Folks, I'm not sure it is a good idea for me to continue to post individual stocks. Therefore I think I'll just post the groups. often forums judge a person based on the picks. I even stopped doing this on my blog. I would not want a beginner to buy into a pick I post and lose some hard earned cash. We all don't have anything to prove on a public chat forum. I personally had seen a bad habit that was forming in myself. This was the need to be right. This attitude is dangerous in the market place. I was not aware of this until I read something on my friends web site.. It simply just makes good sense to me..

damianoakley said:
Interesting that you mention the 2 industry sectors above, as 2 of my most successful recent trades have been in these very sectors.

AKAM I mentioned a few posts ago is an internet services company that I've pyramided up from 43.50.

CMRG is a clothes retail company that I bought at around $12.00 and have also managed to pyramid.

AKAM has closed at another high today which I am pleased about.

Will be interesting to see where these stocks go from here.

Thanks

Damian
Damian, awesome job with AKAM that thing is looking very good.