Dow - Which Way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
leovirgo said:
Hi BAT

I don't like being patronized and I am not here to grill you. But I am genuinely puzzled how you managed to get 11366 for a short position. I trade CFDs and the price stayed there for a short period of time.
It's trading around 11330 so your call was right so far. Talking about your last break-even trade, I'd rather take the profits when my system tells me there may be a recovery on the way. As a swing trader, it is better to take the profits at (perceived) swing low than watch it go back up and profits taken back IMHO. :D

Not a problem. Had a quick glance at my graphs with the price that was all. It's not that critical. I don't mind you calling it 11,340 if you like. It is difficult to post the signal in the day when it is moving quite fast.

I am waiting for the DOW move to come. Profits would be taken on or near to the next "BUY SIGNAL" or if I see early enough that the signal is about to fail I would pull the trade and Post it here.

Bid A-Tool

Jeeesus!!
Just thought I'd swing by - what a load of old botox!!

Originally Posted by Bid A-Tool
NEW SHORT POSITION: LAST TRADE NO LOSS

DATE: 26th April 2006 7:04pm

As of the date and time above, the indicators have confirmed a reversal (FALL - GO SHORT) is on it's way.

How long it's duration or strength or how many points it will fall, I am unable to say.

Trade entered (Sell order) DOW: 11,366
Stop loss entered just above the Last High (Logical) 11,420: Maximum position loss in this trade 54 points or less.

Well, my common-or-garden Stochastic flagged up a short at 17:30 and I got in at 365. My equally ordinary MACD confirmed at 18:30, so if BAT's system didn't cotton on till 19:04 ... go figure.

TheBramble said:
No, you're confused - I AM the enemy! :devilish:

Look, this has been, erm, an interesting diversion. But only from a psychological perspective.

I can't (wont) comment on your first post and the calls/predictions as it's been edited as recently as this evening so I have no way of knowing what it originally called - if anything.

But here's a very brief summary of your system:-

April 17th you call a LONG position after the close and apparently enter at 11,073 using a 'standard' 75pt stop.

April 21st you - against your 'rules' of only entering after close of market - close the position at the high for the day just half an hour into the trading day. This isn't from a sudden SELL signal which is also part of the 'rules' - you just decide to close it.

Remember - there's no CLOSE trade signal -just OPEN LONG/CLOSE SHORT and CLOSE SHORT/OPEN LONG.

So where did this close trade signal come from?

April 21st you state the closing position for the indicators is SHORT. You then edit this post to say the indicators have gone to FLAT after the market close. You never mentioned FLAT before.

April 22nd - stops (which were a blanket 75pts from your first post) have now been modified to 150pts.

April 24th - you get a short at 11,340 and you enter with a stop, now remodelled to 80 pts.

April 26th - you take off your stop loss to avoid it getting hit...!

April 26th - you take another short position from 11,420 with a stop now at 56pts.

The previous Short trade had in the interim been closed. Can't see any reason why.

Why have I gone to the trouble of analysing all this?

To save me the time of coming back here again.

Good trading.

I HAVE TO EDIT PAGE 1 BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE I PLACE THE NEW TRADES FOR ALL TO SEE. THEY ARE ALSO PLACED AT THE SAME TIME ON THE NEXT AVAILABLE TREAD PAGE. EVERY ONE HERE WILL VERIFY IT WHO HAS BEEN FOLLOWING.
WILL BE GETTING CALLED A FRAUDSTER SOON IN THAT PAGE 1 is a FIX. GO ASK JILLYB

btw, while I'm here ... me thinks the PPT were mighty busy today. Wonder if BAT's system factor them in?
;-)

kewbridge said:
Jeeesus!!
Just thought I'd swing by - what a load of old botox!!

Originally Posted by Bid A-Tool
NEW SHORT POSITION: LAST TRADE NO LOSS

DATE: 26th April 2006 7:04pm

As of the date and time above, the indicators have confirmed a reversal (FALL - GO SHORT) is on it's way.

How long it's duration or strength or how many points it will fall, I am unable to say.

Stop loss entered just above the Last High (Logical) 11,420: Maximum position loss in this trade 54 points or less.

Well, my common-or-garden Stochastic flagged up a short at 17:30 and I got in at 365. My equally ordinary MACD confirmed at 18:30, so if BAT's system didn't cotton on till 19:04 ... go figure.

RIGHT THAT'S IT. I HAVE DECIDED FROM NOW ON TO STAY SILENT UNTIL I CALL THE "SHOTS". I WILL REPEAT. THE TRADES ARE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME.

TODAY WAS ONE OF THOSE DAYS. THE FIRST TRADE WASN'T. I AM GOING TO STILL KEEP YOU INFORMED OF THE MOVES.

I AM NOT INTEREST IN THE DAILY MOVEMENT OF THE DOW UNTIL I AM NEAR TO ENDING THE TRADE AND CLOSE A POSITION.

IF YOU WANT TO DAY TRADE THEN GO AHEAD ON YOUR OWN. THE VULTURES HAVE NOT GOT ME YET. I AM STILL ALIVE AND IN THE LAST TRADE.

BID A-TOOL

Last edited:
Quote:
-------------------------------

Er, that's a day trade strat BAT

kewbridge said:
Quote:
-------------------------------

Er, that's a day trade strat BAT

IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE THEN THAT IS UP TO YOU. NOT INTERESTED IN THE NORMAL DAILY MOVES.

TRY READING THE LINES IN BETWEEN.

BID A-TOOL

BAT

You have convinced me, I think I was too quick when using my intuitive awareness to judge you and your strategy, so I have a business proposition for you. Can I buy marketing rights for your system. I would like to advertise the system as the BAT SONAR.

What do you think ?

DepthTangent said:
BAT

You have convinced me, I think I was too quick when using my intuitive awareness to judge you and your strategy, so I have a business proposition for you. Can I buy marketing rights for your system. I would like to advertise the system as the BAT SONAR.

What do you think ?

ASK ME IN A YEAR!.........2 TRADES IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WE ARE ONLY JUST IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SECOND TRADE (SORRY THIRD FOR SOME).

BID A-TOOL

BAT,

you seem to be under a lot of flak at the moment.
one of the main problems, is that you are trying to forward-test a swing-trading system, which by its very nature needs a lot of time.
you may have noticed that the people here, tend to day-trade, ie, try to get pips under the belt in short bursts.

having to wait for several months to gauge a system may be too long a time-frame.
( if you swing-trade, and get 2 trades a week, by Christmas you will have barely 60 trades for analysis )

I believe you did mention that your system can be used to day-trade.

would it not be possible to use your rules on an intra-day basis ?
then, we could accelerate the analysis as to whether this works or not.

the quicker you build up a log of trades, the quicker we can determine the effectiveness of the system.
( and help improve it )

even better if you could open a demo SB account, and post your statements at end of week.
( that way you can transfer a theoretical system into the real world of slippage, stop-outs, margin requirements, cost of rolling-over a daily-cash price into next day, etc )
would that be possible ?

dont forget, you are competing with Darvas Boxes ( JillyB, Baruch ), hans123, asian-range breakouts ( neil ), which have been evaluated and traded. Just look around the site for how helpful and open posters are on these subjects. ( Mr Black also posts trades, usually in advance of the trigger, and with clarity. )
thats what you are competing with.

good luck.

JillyB said:
CMC has the high as 11,377/81, so 11,366 would be quite possible on a SB account.

Yeh, I can see that. But BAT entered the short at 7.04pm. 11377 happened around 3.30pm. That was my point.

Based on all his postings, I am not sure if BAT is using real money. Even if it is real money trade, the size of the contract will determine one's profit/loss objectives. For someone with £30/point, 50pts profits would be worth taking as a days pay. I am open-minded and would like to see others system however BAT should clarify where he stands.

:eek: oh dear what a debacle get home from work and a reasonably friendly good humoured thread has bit the dust

im off back to diary of a swing spread better if they will have me :cry:

sorry rols will you ever forgive me :LOL:

Hungvir splitlink BIG RTA can i come back to the sanity of your nice friendly thread please pretty please with a cherry on top

anyway the trade that I entered using this strategy is only 40 quid under water at present I cant even find the trade ticket under the deluge of posts what the hell was all that fuss about :eek:

in everybodies rush to attack the bloke the instant a trade went in to the red youve all completly missed the fact that somebody else was actually trying to trade his method

goodbye cruel world :cheesy:

Last edited:
Bid A-Tool said:
You are welcome to your opinion. LAST trade cancelled itself and NO money LOST. I have entered a new position for the benefit off on lookers. The sell SIGNAL is still in position.

I am personally still in my trade. My "Stop Loss" will now match the NEW trade "Stop Loss" of 11,420.

In future I will try and keep it simple for you in the "Stop Loss" position area. It will be based on my system.

Bid A-Tool

Hi Bid A-Tool

One thing you may incorporate in this regarding your stop-loss . In a bull market you don't want to be caught short. If one is long and early , price will eventually rise and get you back in the black, but if you are early and short, damage can be done to your profits. One may consider a close stop on the short side with a re-entry in the future should one still think he/she should be short.
erie

To operate as a swing trader i think takes deep pockets (stop losses included), the DOW can be so volatile. I think BAT's system is naive, the DOW can move anywhere plus or minus 200 points , like a snake. Its so easy to say up or down depending when its a bull or a bear market.
You say you have considered what you do for some time, so why do you seek confirmation on this board. I think your a bit of a tease who needs some attention.

Ok, so we have injected some hyper critical analysis (which is very healthy might I add) Lets now see where we go with this.

Best of luck BAT.

BAT's prediction is going to work out. I have a long term sell signal. The Dow will drop 200+ points in the next 6-7 trading days....

Status
Not open for further replies.