Dow - Which Way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hat goes off for you Sir! For your patience in teasing people!

Good luck with your thread and trading!

Bid A-Tool said:
So hungvir, your a "swing trader". What system do you use or are you still looking for one?

Bid A-Tool

I have one. Pure, simple and good.

But don't have much money to trade. If you can lend me some, that would be great :)

hungvir said:
My hat goes off for you Sir! For your patience in teasing people!

Good luck with your thread and trading!

It's got nothing to do with "teasing people" as I have said before. I have no doubt these are the best indicators on the planet for trading the DOW. They are absolutely unique. There is only one place to find them. This company that provides them is too generous for it's own good. They should be charging you a great deal more than they do.

I want to test them to see if anyone is going to agree with the signals. If we can find another indicator that can confirm these signals that are being given then we have ourselves the ultimate. You know what there are a great deal of very expensive systems out there that don't work at all. Just be patient and it will all be revealed. I told you there is going to people out there that will master them better than me. If we make this Tread dedicated to them then I will be happy. Is that not fair?

Bid A-Tool said:
DATE: 21 April 2006 8:30pm

At the close of trading today, the indicators have confirmed a reversal (Fall - GO SHORT) is on it's way. The Dow, NASDAQ 100, S&P 500, NYSE Comp, NASDAQ Comp, AMEX Comp, Russell 1000, Russell 2000 & Russell 3000 all show the SAME signal.

How long it's duration or strength or how many points it will fall, I am unable to say.

Bid A-Tool

JUST TO ADD now at 9:05pm. The indicators have changed to what I call a "flat spot" This means we are at some kind of high level and may drift here for a few days more. I don't think it will give up this level easily.

Hi Bid
I did wonder how you were calling a short looking at my signal, as I was convinced it was still showing a long but the added bit at the end of your post would match what I see which gives me more confidence in what I have coded :D

hungvir said:
Sorry Jilly and Don but I'm here just like someone slowing the car to look at the scene of an accident.

How can we trust someone keeping all his cards close to his chest as Sir Bid a tool. How can we test the indicators that do not exist as we speak (until BAT can show us otherwise).

Hi hung
Good holiday for you and the family I hope I still visit the diary regularly to see how you and split are getting on :)

The indicator that Bid A-Tool is using appears to me to be genuine as I have stated in previous posts.
It is obviously too early in the thread to show that they work moving forward as they are being traded over a longish timeframe patience is required here in bucket loads unfortunately

I believe, I think Jilly does too but if there is massive motorway pile up of biblical proportions you can say told you so :cheesy:

Don

:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks, Don.

I just think something is not right here. But we'll see.

Good trading,

Hung

What's the system we've spent 13 pages talking about? Or at least can you say what kind of system it is - is it based only on price, or price & time, or price & time & volume, or price & time & volume & fundamentals, or something more complicated involving the price of oil, 'market sentiment', the no. of posts hungvir makes, the weather tonight, . . . etc. Bid-A-Tool, what kind of a system is it?? If you don't tell us, it's very hard for us to enjoy your rollercoaster ride.

On a related note, where can one find the buy and sell volumes for each day (as opposed to the combined volume full stop) or is this a silly question because every buy is a sell? Or the volume over the course of a day... (for free!!) ?

Now that I say this we'll probably get the biggest rollercoaster ever Monday, but I'm expecting the market to be tight with close near open on Monday, and 450-500 by close on Wednesday. Thursday morning I hope to be short a pound a point, stop just above Wednesday's high, and to hold until late May.

Last edited:
Hi Chocolate
The system Bid A-Tool uses is unknown to us at this time, he has posted three live calls (buy to open, sell to close and a sell to open then changed this to hold), he has also posted past trades jan 06 to the present.
we have been asked to help find a system that replicates these trades, probably to help with more precise entry and exit which is understandable looking back further into 05 and 04.
my copy cat system is based on one very common indicator (heavily modified) based on the closing price nothing more.
Bid A-tool uses two indicators I believe, what they are is anyones guess at present.

Good luck with your trading next week

Don

don_h said:
Hi Chocolate
The system Bid A-Tool uses is unknown to us at this time, he has posted three live calls (buy to open, sell to close and a sell to open then changed this to hold), he has also posted past trades jan 06 to the present.
we have been asked to help find a system that replicates these trades, probably to help with more precise entry and exit which is understandable looking back further into 05 and 04.
my copy cat system is based on one very common indicator (heavily modified) based on the closing price nothing more.
Bid A-tool uses two indicators I believe, what they are is anyones guess at present.

Good luck with your trading next week

Don

Look, let's just keep going. I have been intensely studying my system for 2 years now. What I want is for one or two people to come up with corresponding signals. It looks like don_h has and his (heavily modified) is the nearest yet. I don't know what don_h's system is do I? He doesn't know what mine is. I think it might me better that way. It might be better than mine. I could hand you the system tomorrow but how will you work out what I am doing with it? You may interpret it totally different. That's what I don't want at the moment because it would become like the other treads (a mess). This tread has to be as simple as possible without any influence like news stories. Have a look at the other DOW treads. A "muddy" mess of anything goes.

This is all about confidence in making a trade and being patient and not fretting when you have entered a trade. The trades are designed to be left for days. As I said I don't want anyone to trade of these signals with real money and if you do it will be at your own risk. I have given you the link to the simulator to try them out.

I am no stranger to trading believe me. And just to add I am not claiming to get every signal correct. I am calling them as the system calls them. Only time will tell. In 3 months time you will be either calling this tread brilliant or useless. Time will tell. Its early days.

Last edited:
don_h

Can you check this date against your system. A "sell" order on the 3rd October 2005. When did your system call it? The truth please, Don't try and tweak your system to fit it.

Bid A-Tool

Bid A-Tool said:
don_h

Can you check this date against your system. A "sell" order on the 3rd October 2005. When did your system call it? The truth please, Don't try and tweak your system to fit it.

Bid A-Tool

120 min chart 30 period "indicator"
my system called a sell on the 5/10/2005 as I wait for the indicator to fall through a set level I could have called 4th when it rolls over. on the 3rd its still rising so no signal on that day for me :(

at least now I have a marker in the sand further back that will allow me further tweaking

Don

Last edited:
don_h said:
120 min chart 30 period "indicator"
my system called a sell on the 5/10/2005 as I wait for the indicator to fall through a set level I could have called 4th when it rolls over. on the 3rd its still rising so no signal on that day for me :(

at least now I have a marker in the sand further back that will allow me further tweaking

Don

Don,

If you tweak it, will it not put the other past signals out I posted?

Bid A-Tool

I have decided on a stop loss strategy based on my signals and past experience. I personally am going to decide on a "Stop Loss" of 150 points at first (entry point). This will guard against sudden moves like a crash, it will also make sure it doesn't interfere with the trade and will let the trade flow. As the trade goes in my favour, the "Stop Loss" will be moved closer to the entry point. The "Stop Loss" in no way will be moved to accommodate more loss.

Bid A-Tool

Been following this cryptic convo for the past few days with increasing amusement.

I use all manner of different tools depending on the prevailing market conditions. During the past two months I've harvested far more points than Tool simply by using the 200SMA and TICK&TRIN. No more, no less. In a choppy market it's absolutely unbeatable!

Sod the fancy systems when the market is doing all the hard work for you.

kewbridge said:
Been following this cryptic convo for the past few days with increasing amusement.

I use all manner of different tools depending on the prevailing market conditions. During the past two months I've harvested far more points than Tool simply by using the 200SMA and TICK&TRIN. No more, no less. In a choppy market it's absolutely unbeatable!

Sod the fancy systems when the market is doing all the hard work for you.

Great. I invite you to post your next signal here then. I love criticism. It makes you work even harder next time.
The more signals to concrete and entry point the better. The key is to "weed out" the false signals.

Bid A-Tool

Quite fankly, can't see the point Tool. I've told you what I use at the mo so you can see the next signal for yourself. For your reference it's generated 1752 pts since Jan 1on the DJIA. Oh, you could add a MACD 45,144,45 for added confirmation if you like.

Why do you post this stuff anyway? The usual bog standard systems would give an equivalent result without the devastating damage potentially caused by your dizzying stop losses. I'm a full time daytrader so don't use stops myself as I'm at the screen to monitor my positions anyway.

I won't be surprised if in due course, having aroused sufficient curiosity from mug punters (sorry guys - present company obviously excepted) you come along with an attractive sales package for your 'system'.

kewbridge said:
Quite fankly, can't see the point Tool. I've told you what I use at the mo so you can see the next signal for yourself. For your reference it's generated 1752 pts since Jan 1on the DJIA. Oh, you could add a MACD 45,144,45 for added confirmation if you like.

Why do you post this stuff anyway? The usual bog standard systems would give an equivalent result without the devastating damage potentially caused by your dizzying stop losses. I'm a full time daytrader so don't use stops myself as I'm at the screen to monitor my positions anyway.

I won't be surprised if in due course, having aroused sufficient curiosity from mug punters (sorry guys - present company obviously excepted) you come along with an attractive sales package for your 'system'.

We are not doing "Day Trading". It's more like "Swing Trading" (days). If I call the signals and more people eventually back them up with their own system, who do you think will benefit? All of us.

Yes 150 points would be stupid for Day Traders. I agree "dizzying" is a good word.

Anyway nice to see you have posted twice in the last hour since your Join Date in Nov 2005. Your are very welcome to your opinion.

Bid A-Tool

Bid A-Tool said:
Don,

If you tweak it, will it not put the other past signals out I posted?

Bid A-Tool

yes correct it will put them out but in my favour :cheesy:

on your stop loss idea im thinking of more of 50 points or less but have not worked on this area yet. I will use my demo account auto stop loss for now

Don

kewbridge said:

Hi kewbridge
Thats a good bag of points kew, beers are on you then :D

I cant really check your strategy out yet as I dont have much back data for TICK & TRIN the start of February only.

Don

don_h said:
yes correct it will put them out but in my favour :cheesy:

on your stop loss idea im thinking of more of 50 points or less but have not worked on this area yet. I will use my demo account auto stop loss for now

Don

Don,

Worked out a stop loss of 65 Points based on the last three months of my signals. This is based on only ever entering a position after the close. How does that suit your system?

Bid A-Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.