Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
chilltrader,

no one is great at everything, youre good at making 2k i must be good at taking it off of you:p

yeah sure... the only thing you'll get off me are SIV's ("Structured Investment Vehicles")

:cheesy:

are they similer to SUVs...

big and slow to get moving
lots of costs involved in owning one
more likely to go down in value rather then up.

:LOL:

we must think alike,

i kid u not i went short at 12550 and my targets between 440 and 460

u got it right!

now to stick to the topic - before we get brickbats!

sell @ 12547, target 12450

Just logged backin to see my "paper trade" had covered automatically for a nice
"paper profit" :rolleyes:

Anyway... back to my Trading books. That chapter was useful :smart:

Like I said 10 days ago, 11xxx coming up soon. Better fasten your seatbelts, especially those who said the market would "never" go the March lows.

Like I said 10 days ago, 11xxx coming up soon. Better fasten your seatbelts, especially those who said the market would "never" go the March lows.

yes seem like March lows (obviously not in straight line - unless we go into "mini-crash" mode)..or lower on the cards..

dow and Dax (sorry wrong thread - but it's a nice picture) charts..

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 154
  • DAX DAILY.png
    DAX DAILY.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 154
Looking grim out there
Bank i work for is smashing budgets right, left and centre...
Housing market on a knife edge - report from PFP Wealth management says house prices will halve... just sold me house but had to take a 20% drop from price 2 years ago
Sorry waffling, just posting cos I like what you guys have to say!
Best of luck - let the wealth flow from the greedy banks to the intelligent few...

Reactions: BSD
One of my Bigdogs said thurs .....we're too high considering prolems that lie in months and YEARS ahead .........

Looks like he agrees with WHAT CHUMP HAS BEEN TELLING US ALL ALONG...... :)

But if the gen market is in denial..... tech stox seem good place for bears to start hunting... imo

EDIT: The converse of this is .......... techstox (Ndx) are saying we're okay until the trading range at the highs breaks down.................. go figure.

My assumption is that if/when we do take a dive tech indices will fall faster. Tech stox are NOT yet weak!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

From yesterday I was thinking if 12400 doesn't hold next target is 12200 before a bounce.

We may have a hiccup around 12328 ish but I think ultimately I feel 12200 is within range for testing.

After another little bounce around 12200s I'm expecting 12000s to be tested.

Hence, I'm shorting the bounces. On the 30min charts nice little S&R trend has been setup. Just incubating the pips to hatch into nice little profits.

Good trading everyone.

I personally played it the other way round today. Bought at Lunchtime and covered half at 3pm and the rest at 5pm for about 13 handles profit total (spx). Chart can follow if one desires.

Dow seems to be matching oil step for step ......should be interesting ... if the correlation continues :)

Oil up 600+ pts off its lows earlier today..... nearing 12831ish half way point.......

Will dow bounce here fail or go back to 580 ?? not an easy call cos bears want it to fail it could .....

Was not expecting that bull rally from kick off

Clawed back my losses from the drop, which I am glad I closed when I did as looks like its its having another go on the upside

Status
Not open for further replies.