Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anybody really has a Crystal Ball.All this forecasting is just for amusement.Or in the worst case to sell people something.

Nice bit of steady downward movement pre-trade this morning. Anyone caught the trend? Good trading everyone~~

I don't think anybody really has a Crystal Ball.All this forecasting is just for amusement.Or in the worst case to sell people something.

ok how do u trade jonny? where are we going wrong?............we are using ta to find our edge, how do you find your edge?

grey you are a complete ****hole, sorry but you are...........if members here go to the techical trader they will see that you banned me for only asking why people were not making money with your methods, you are very arrogent and think your methods are the only way, well i have followed you for a couple of years now and honestly they are not the only way, infact since i stopped trying to follow your ways ive been successfull and not just for a couple of weeks, im talking months.

You un fairly banned me i feel but so glad you did now otherwise id still be trying to figure out and keep going round in circles with your methods, by the way it is not just me who feels your methods have serious weaknesses in them, i will not mention names of course. By the way i had book the day of work and cancelled important things to attend your online seminar, you never even bothered to give an explanation, i know i can be a pain sometimes but what did i say that was so bad, i only asking why people are not making money with your methods and the only people that seemed to be making money was the 2 people you constantly mentor every day on skype..........you are just like arsene wenger, brilliant but very arrogent and im so glad ive now stopped following you, i mean this from the bottom of my heart, you really messed me up and set my trading back, i now realise this, you should serious think about what you are doing.

As for firewalker, why should he not post on the main board, are we all not worthy here?, there are some great traders here and they keep things simple, i like that and guess what they make money.

Remember grey you were a long term short 'for at least 18 months' you said, now look at the markets, I remember the emergency cut by the fed, you said that would take 18 months to take effect on the markets, well im pretty sure now you cannot predict nothing just like the rest of us and ive lost respect as I thought you were the man but you clearly are not, you got the direction wrong and its funny how all of a sudden from being an absolutley ademant shorter you are now long, what can i say.

Feel free to tell the main boarders why you sacked me but remember im a real true person and tells it how it is and i think people trust me here, just looking at my posts you can see that, yes i may not tell it in the right manner sometimes but i mean well.

And by the way why do people want to go and reccomend his posts, that is just pure brown nosing, com on guys what did he say in them two post that really warranted that, com on.

I only banned you because of you abusing VEGAS few times and he had done nothing at all to you , one of our best posters ,,, Other members Pmed me to ban you too because of your terrible manners .

Techncial Trader is no place for abusing other members ,, Abuse them on the main BB ,, call them what ever you want but not on Technical Trader.

I know you have appologised in PM and asking to come back few times to TT but I am afraid i cannot accept your application ,,, you must appologise to those who you verbally abused and if they are ok with it then you can come back,,

You can call me arrogant , asshole or what ever you want but i wont take that against you but other members donot like to be abused .

We changed position on 17th April and posted this on the TT and went LONG ,, SO did many of our members . Traders are allowed to change view.

I am sorry u took a day off to come to my LIVE trading day but Technical Trader is no place for fighting and abusing . The main BB is the right place to call each other names.

Grey1

I only banned you because of you abusing VEGAS few times and he had done nothing at all to you , one of our best posters ,,, Other members Pmed me to ban you too because of your terrible manners .

Techncial Trader is no place for abusing other members ,, Abuse them on the main BB ,, call them what ever you want but not on Technical Trader.

I know you have appologised in PM and asking to come back few times to TT but I am afraid i cannot accept your application ,,, you must appologise to those who you verbally abused and if they are ok with it then you can come back,,

You can call me arrogant , asshole or what ever you want but i wont take that against you but other members donot like to be abused .

We changed position on 17th April and posted this on the TT and went LONG ,, SO did many of our members . Traders are allowed to change view.

I am sorry u took a day off to come to my LIVE trading day but Technical Trader is no place for fighting and abusing . The main BB is the right place to call each other names.

Grey1

look i don't want to fight, i did pm vegas and said sorry and i meant it..........you post your trades, you make money everyday and you prove it, you got my respect for that but my original question still stands, I just never asked it in the right manner before and that is why does it seem only you can do what you do and no one else on your private forum can replicate it or can they now?, sorry if this sounds like im trying to be funny with you?

Anyway - back to the DOW - why are the futures shrugging off a 2.5% fall in the hang seng overnight?

Anyway - back to the DOW - why are the futures shrugging off a 2.5% fall in the hang seng overnight?

I suspect for the same reason they are shrugging off all the bad news from this morning. The bull is back?

All economic figures released were worse than expected. What's the market doing? Rising.

I suspect for the same reason they are shrugging off all the bad news from this morning. The bull is back?

All economic figures released were worse than expected. What's the market doing? Rising.

Ahhhh yes of course those yanks - so much Bull ....

I suppose the only way out of the mess they're in is to buy their way out. (I wonder how many times that can actually work?)

Credit crunch - that's sooooo 2007 this seasons fashion is leather .... Rawhide!

Hang Seng (-2.5%)

nothing yet but it's early days... lets see where we are after an hour... now 996
(dx has had 3 or 4 drives up !! ....and Dow very short term must whack 020 and should really take out 050 and onto 130+) .......... if it does not then ..........

Postman,

Most business is done well below the VWAP price as smart money execute their price intra day through VWAP codes offered by the broker or a a third party vwap executer such as those offered by CALYON's .As a result if you keep your eyes on the vwap line that gives you a good idea on why the market is strong . if the average price is above the vwap price then it is a good way to know that the smart money's order wont be executed and you either short the market or go long when price is well below VWAP

.The fact that futures shrug off any bad news is partially because of the amount of vwap orders in Queue to be executed and this is as a result of smart money taking a BULLISH view of the market .

grey1

.The fact that futures shrug off any bad news is partially because of the amount of vwap orders in Queue to be executed and this is as a result of smart money taking a BULLISH view of the market .
grey1

I'm glad you agree that, bad or good, the news doesn't determine the direction of the market.

- positive Cisco report last night? Nasdaq went up, but reversed 15 minutes later (because it was pushing against resistance)
- despite all the bad news this morning (uk Manufacturing Production, eur retail sales), market went up premarket
- pending home sales one hour ago? report as forecasted, market went down 5 minutes but then rallied up to resistance at 13030

Plenty of examples each day.

Postman,

Most business is done well below the VWAP price as smart money execute their price intra day through VWAP codes offered by the broker or a a third party vwap executer such as those offered by CALYON's .As a result if you keep your eyes on the vwap line that gives you a good idea on why the market is strong . if the average price is above the vwap price then it is a good way to know that the smart money's order wont be executed and you either short the market or go long when price is well below VWAP

grey1

Thanks grey1, any nuggets of information like this help sharpen the edge needed to make money.

I'm looking to buy this dip ....... but...!!

nothing yet but it's early days... lets see where we are after an hour... now 996
(dx has had 3 or 4 drives up !! ....and Dow very short term must whack 020 and should really take out 050 and onto 130+) .......... if it does not then ..........

Strangely dow decided not to take the easy route and take out 050/51 ..weird
Yesterday spx decided not to take the easy route and make a new swing high......... it came within a hairs breadth but did not want to know........ weird.

So far just gentle pbk in june sp futs .... hovering just below Oscar's proprietary moving average (pivotal juncture) for anyone who's still watching.............. :LOL:

There is a bit of a chance that we are forming a cap below the 200ma on spx (and poss Oscar's pma )...but v.early days........ insuff evidence at this point...but I'm aware of it .... looking to buy this dip!

I'm glad you agree that, bad or good, the news doesn't determine the direction of the market.

I DO NOT AGREE with above .. NEWS DOES DETERMINE THE DIRECTION OF THE MARKET depending on

1) quality of the news
2) The effect of the news on other sectors . In another word if the news affects the broader market depth then it does affect the market and the reason we sold off early this years was because of the extend of the credit crunch affecting all sectors with financial being the worse one.

NEWS be it economy or stock news is like a stone thrown in the sea and depending on their size can cause either a small ripple or tsunami .

Eliminating the effect of NEWS from the market direction is simply naive.

MARKET IS FORWARD LOOKING DISCOUNTING MECHANISM AND ALWAYS SHRUGGS OF OLD NEWS AND IMMEDIATLEY LOOKS INTO FUTURE

Grey1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.