Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly didn't expect price to be at 12940 right now...

But it's a good example of remaining bias-free.

I posted two trades today in my live trading group
a short from 880 that got stopped out, but then one hour after the open I went long at 880 and I am still holding that trade now.

So blackbear.... looks like I was wrong.
If this goes above 13000 then I am clearly wrong about the downside potential.

s+p still 5pts off new highs for this swing up and worth getting on board to follow suit with the dow imo.im hoping to short a spike on the news this evening but i might go in early with reduced stakes if we're up high enough before so.

A possible ploy would be to open a short AND a long 5 minutes before the announcement with tight stops
:eek:

A possible ploy would be to open a short AND a long 5 minutes before the announcement with tight stops

Just a word of warning - if you do this with a spread bet company they move the price up and down just before the news to take out these kind of positions. You can see the spikes on their charts that bear no relation to the real price.

takes some serious concentration to trade your way out of difficulty if the volatility kicks off though,wide stops have to be held and then you have to know when and where to exit each position without turning winners into losers or just ending up with 2 very nasty losers(n).tough one to manage and i got caught nastily attempting that last year lol

I certainly didn't expect price to be at 12940 right now...

But it's a good example of remaining bias-free.

I posted two trades today in my live trading group
a short from 880

I am running a bit late today. I, too, have 880 triggers (since monday). for my intraday adjustment I have 888. boy, have they blown by those levels. looks like maybe another +200 point day (currently +100).

I am running a bit late today. I, too, have 880 triggers (since monday). for my intraday adjustment I have 888. boy, have they blown by those levels. looks like maybe another +200 point day (currently +100).

as much as I stunned to say this, I think you could be right...

Am closing this here at 12802 for 68 pips profit.

Wanna see what happens tomorrow. If I want to get short again I think i can get a better price tomorrow than where we are now.

Well, here are the 'better prices' I suspected we'd see today. Im not sure though. Gonna wait patiently here for a new trade set-up.

Good luck

Well, here are the 'better prices' I suspected we'd see today. Im not sure though. Gonna wait patiently here for a new trade set-up.

Good luck

80 % chance they will cut rates today, so in theory (although it never works out this way), prices should be alot higher later on, but with a big sell off at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.