Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly the market out look has changed in week's time. What can be Monday's market reaction. Will it give up the gains? Or Are the bulls back? Any one there who can throw some light on the same.

finally, i got my $500.

did you know that the dow is on track for its biggest weekly gain in 5 years.

Well done jayjay, what price did you short?, I went short at 873 and and triggered at 820.
As for the biggest gain in 5 years, remember that in a bear market you do get sharp gains where people think the market has bottomed out only to fall down again, Monday should be a interesting day

Well done jayjay, what price did you short?, I went short at 873 and and triggered at 820.
As for the biggest gain in 5 years, remember that in a bear market you do get sharp gains where people think the market has bottomed out only to fall down again, Monday should be a interesting day

yes i can't wait..............im definately short next week, too many bankrupt stocks out there for a start, even if im wrong its well worth the punt if you ask me, technically looks good too, but i could be wrong of course but like i say im going for it anyway............the only problem is by the time we open on monday how far would be already have come down?...........if its too much then it of course will not be worth while.................does anyone know what time the futures open sunday?.........

Certainly the market out look has changed in week's time. What can be Monday's market reaction. Will it give up the gains? Or Are the bulls back? Any one there who can throw some light on the same.

It's like an elastic band ready to snap. But bad news is the new good news and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. People are people (so why should it be.... da da da, could make a song out of that :idea:) so the market will do what it will do. There'll be some up, some down and then some sideways thrown in too. Just make sure you're on the right side when it all happens. This could get messy so buckle up. Just don't try and pick tops and bottoms and you wont go far wrong :smart:

Does anyone here (other than bp) trade crude oil......... it seems to have a nice trend and good intra day ranges...
reminds me of nasdaq late 90's.... amazing.

D.Y.O.R looks interesting to me.......... as some know

don't fall in love with the upside guys!, this oscar guy cracks me up...............sorry totally off subject, just watching his vids

who's this Oscar bloke?

Friday quiz - Is this Atilla or Jay?
09insider.190.jpg

I hope that's not me :eek:

Ok I have kleeened! the Dow thread of the nonsense :(

You can now carry on with your chit chat on the Dow

**Sunday-funday can carry on here as you wish, until its decided what to do with it all :D **

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-indices/26860-way-dow-swing-trading-8.html

Hi everyone,

Sounds as if I have missed some of the action here... :LOL: Must confess I do like to stir it up my self sometimes... Nothing quite like a good ol intensity... :mad: ;)

Very interesting week. Had to happen based on the technicals when you one looks back. I didn't profit from it however... Made some loss in fact. :eek:

I'm wondering if the MA55 will be breached this week?

We are also at significant resistance channel at 12800s so if this is breached then it's likely to be a swing to the upside I'd say and we may go past 13000s.

The other alternative is it could well be the left shoulder of the bigger H&S formation.

I really can't see any good news or factors to take this market higher. We are at some monumental time where a big foul up by all the central banks is likely to take us into the abyss.

Taking risks is entering a new dimension of governments exchanging bonds for sub-prime assets worth Zer000s. Banks are hiding from any duty to reveal books. All the regulatory bodies are backing their actions to hide their liabilities.

Tax payers will be footing the bill...

I was brought up on the concept of perfect information available to participants in determining price based on supply and demand. Now we have imperfect markets with no information. Go figure. So price is determined by speculators v Government propoganda...

Techincal Analysis is the only real tool available for determining market direction at this rate.

Good trading everyone.

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080420W1.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080420W1.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 145
Coming from you, that's a really pleasing statement ;)

futures are higher this morning

by the way asian and australian market are hitting 7 week highs, does the us markets always lead the asian market this way?, seems to have followed the us from fridays session?

Last edited:
No it's Mr P .I think

who's this Oscar bloke?

Friday quiz - Is this Atilla or Jay?
09insider.190.jpg

He is to subprime bonanza what boone pickens was to oil boom (until boone pickens decided to short the last rocket leg in oil :LOL:)

Mr P is a good mate of Greenspan........ you'll never believe his real name...... .perhaps :)

what do we think then today.....lower? ym at 800................im short at 800, 740 by the close thats my opinion, already bad earnings out today. Bank of england bail out has helped euro stocks but when dow opens i think we will have a down day today.

Last edited:
by the way can someone give me some advise please.............im short but my cci on all charts is saying up we go, can we and should we rely on cci? even if we dis agree with it? im not talking about divergence

Status
Not open for further replies.