Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
James,

My point re current factors was that projections from previous levels could not include current or post data. In other words, the contributory factors of a previous level may be totally different from the current contributory factors. However, I do note support and resistance levels.

Atilla,

I don’t think you’re paying attention. Your three statements/observations are precisely the points of the quote and my finishing sentence.

Grant.

MIB (PPT) at work on Monday...:devilish:
Bush: White House 'on top of the situation' - Stocks & economy - MSNBC.com
The Fed, US govt are clearly worried about the headlines round the world (and effect on markets) should the DOW have a BIG down day....as long as they they can keep it flat - they will! Also would be bad psychologically for main street USA, as the markets are plastered all over TV...

Europe, Asia...all fall 3-5 %...DOW finishes small up.:clap:..:jester:

Well lets see if smoke n mirrors tricks will work...:eek:

Quiet day for today, powder dry waiting for FOMC and the surprise (?) they have in store for us..

Still not convinced we have seen bottom, but maybe a couple of days rally due?
omho

MIB (PPT) at work on Monday...:devilish:
Bush: White House 'on top of the situation' - Stocks & economy - MSNBC.com
The Fed, US govt are clearly worried about the headlines round the world (and effect on markets) should the DOW have a BIG down day....as long as they they can keep it flat - they will! Also would be bad psychologically for main street USA, as the markets are plastered all over TV...

Europe, Asia...all fall 3-5 %...DOW finishes small up.:clap:..:jester:

Well lets see if smoke n mirrors tricks will work...:eek:

Quiet day for today, powder dry waiting for FOMC and the surprise (?) they have in store for us..

Still not convinced we have seen bottom, but maybe a couple of days rally due?
omho

Totally agree .... (y)
Good old Bernanke - A big bear bites the dust, he snaps his fingers and the poodles who run the other banks come running.
Benanke gives them a good spanking and tells them bad dog don't sell any more shares, and they run away with their tails between their legs.

To mix metaphores a little bit, they are like lemmings following each other of the edge of a cliff....

More volatility that's what we need.

When Cramer says buy/sell I just bring up the chart, listen to the news and take a view!
He's very smart but sometimes he suffers from Blodget's Disease ....... so you gotta be careful!

"He's very smart" ? thick as pig****. I'd rather canvas my mother for advice on buy and sell...and she's dead !

'Nothing is ever as is seems' ...And Jim sCreamer is no different from the rest of the pump 'n dumper gang.

Caveat Emptor ..or, as my old granny used to say, 'if you make your own sandwich you know whats in it'

Good call Hook

Hi Hook

Good call back last Aug I think :eek:

not taking p...s, gave reasons and an elephant never forgets, not sure regards Pigs though :confused:

British energy

A break out at last

Attachments

• British Energy Group Plc (17-MAR-08).png
    British Energy Group Plc (17-MAR-08).png
    9.3 KB · Views: 168
Strong stuff

"He's very smart" ? thick as pig****. I'd rather canvas my mother for advice on buy and sell...and she's dead !

........... I've been watching and listening to him for ~ 10years. He's not perfect. You gotta be selective.... like many things s'pose.

Goldman's report soon roughly 12.30hrs and that should cause some fun and games........ I said yesterday run up could happen to 1300/1320 and we are now at 1300..... 1st crunch time in 10mins ...

Edit : Sorry premature release :LOL: and results were not good........

Last edited:
I think one of the reasons Cramer is so well known has little to do with the accuracy of his advice - rather he's one of the very few people with the balls to go on TV and say, buy this/sell that and take all the flak that comes when he's wrong.

I don't see him as being any better than numerous other TA's I see on CNBC giving advice, except his reccomendations are far more specific and unambiguous.

Cramer........ I remember the fella saying buy on tv and then shorting the pop via one of his hedge funds............. cnbc banned him for a while and then brought him back cos he's good 4 ratings.. !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few observations though probably of questionable value...

Dax nearing potential resistance at 6400 .........but break and hold of 6400 is tasty.

Dow had reached 80+ on the 15min stochastics as of the close and today it's up big in premarket.... since there is a long time to fed decision you might expect that condition to be righted before then ??

Spx hit low Monday and lurches forward tuesday so far ..... that could be seen as consisitent with a POTENTIAL false break low ......... it's very very early days so not betting the farm on it since things could be different at end of play today....

The big banks are under instructions from Mr B today. we are going up all day no dips to buy....

I'm thinking of starting a new thread...
"The dow is subject to market manipulation by the US gov. discuss."

anyone anticipate the dow to test the low of 7340 odd. that prod south which went in after 9-11 we have had a loft up so theory is it should test that relative low looking ahead ,ummm time, time. say summer 2009 ish ? :)

i come back and check in summer 2009.

Good luck everybody.

Merrill L

The big banks are under instructions from Mr B today. we are going up all day no dips to buy....

If Merrill hold today's low that will be an island reversal (gaps in lows then gaps out of lows next day) which is normally a big trend reversal signal....... lets see close then next day or so........

anyone anticipate the dow to test the low of 7340 odd. that prod south which went in after 9-11 we have had a loft up so theory is it should test that relative low looking ahead ,ummm time, time. say summer 2009 ish ? :)

i come back and check in summer 2009.

Good luck everybody.

After your bearish call early Jan you may well be right .....
7100 would be half all time high and 7180-7200.... I think was the intraday level but such a long time ago......

Its starting to rain as spx hits downtrend line off 1390 today.....banks are coming off a bit too..... :(

any movement to come in a couple of hours when FED announces? or all priced in? i can't see much movement unless it's outside of the 75-100bps bracket.

how many other's are thinking unfookinbelievable!?
Surely this is lining up for the mother of all falls???

Status
Not open for further replies.