Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
why 842 dow cash ?...........i remember 11750-800 zone being big 2ooo highs...but...

cheers

there were some program buys triggered from Fridays price, an 842 cash price would provide a cover and allow a lower price for longs

What I would like to see is an early high with the FTSE fut hitting the 725 then fall towards close with the Dow hitting 842 after 5:30 UK time

It is exciting though in a 'looking in a Tiger's eyes' kind of style.Great fortunes being won and lost.

wow on browsing the net I see one SBer quoting march dow with 30 point spread the market is giving 2-4 point

thanks dc

there were some program buys triggered from Fridays price, an 842 cash price would provide a cover and allow a lower price for longs

What I would like to see is an early high with the FTSE fut hitting the 725 then fall towards close with the Dow hitting 842 after 5:30 UK time

:)

I hope you meant 11842 and not just 842!!

The way its going down anything can happen :confused:

Nailed on.........

(y)

That was a short lived move up,
All eyes on the opening, will we see a break of support at the 11400 zone or a nice bounce up

6:57am - GLOBEX Long 1256.50
Target Filled GAIN + 40 Pts = + $ 2,000

8:51am - Long Filled at 1258 ( SHARP Knife Trade), Open Position

9:51am - TARGET Filled for another + 41 Pts = $ 2,050 GAIN

Total GAIN = +81 Pts = +$4, 050 and the Knife is thrown back at the FOOL's Face ! lol

Last edited:
Holy moly - that is what you call a daily candle on the dow! Are we going to fill the gap - still another 200 points to go.

well done silversea.......nice to see it...

we are now above the "dc" 842...@ 942..... so I am vigilant nervous etc........

Ftse slaps my 25% retrace level in 5700 zone so even more queasy........ let's see how we go...

nb Fed cuts on day of full moon........ haha.... ;)

Holy moly - that is what you call a daily candle on the dow! Are we going to fill the gap - still another 200 points to go.

that candle threatend to take my monthly profit to zero.
How can these meetings be unannounced? :mad:
All market players play the scheduled game. Companies release results on a specific date and on a scheduled time. Economic news is also scheduled and I make careful note of these so as not to be caught unawares.......but......pray tell me what am I supposed to do about a Bernanke surprise like this. :sneaky:

Is their any way I could have known about this "emergancy Fed meeting/announcment"

Ftse slaps my 25% retrace level in 5700 zone so even more queasy........ let's see how we go...

Thanks To My Analisys it worked out as expected, NEVER had any doubts:

Risk = .5 Pts GAIN = 81 SOLID POINTS or 1 to 62 Ratio :cheers:

Last edited:
a little lower than expected but still looking for 230 close anything down to 11946 would not alter fig

no worries Hook
11946 meant something Friday as per my post and it means something today, there will be some positioning for the fall to 11186

The 2 questions are
Am I comfortable at this level or do I want to wait for a higher 12186 first

do I buy the next fall

ans no wait and no

Do not even think about buying this retracement, this market is going to trade sideways till the close , forming a Triangle formation, GUARANTEED

What's the fishing like in Florida at the moment,Silversea.I'm thinking of maybe a Tarpon trip in May.Is that the best time for the keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.