Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dow is hinting it has bottomed..............but there is insufficient evidence in my book.... lets see how this little game pans out............

Sorry if it makes no sense .......... but hopefully some will know what I'm on about.....;)

Still requires 852 break for up day..........

Hs

well inside day when I expected 540ish to be washed away......... no matter since we now have clear lines to trade short term 794/613.....now 696...... so kind of no man's land ..........but 100 to go at for the bulls who see a dble btm... Enjoy!:D

We still have only one counter trend day on the charts lest we forget...... In Theory this means that we could still resume the fast move down....

but if the market is going up there are at least 100 on the table :LOL: .....doesn't get much more interesting......

Regards to Atilla

Hs :p

Asia/Pacific

recently not too interrested if Dow advanced overnight
(n)

Attachments

• glo.GIF
    glo.GIF
    31.4 KB · Views: 207
well inside day when I expected 540ish to be washed away......... no matter since we now have clear lines to trade short term 794/613.....now 696...... so kind of no man's land ..........but 100 to go at for the bulls who see a dble btm... Enjoy!:D

We still have only one counter trend day on the charts lest we forget...... In Theory this means that we could still resume the fast move down....

but if the market is going up there are at least 100 on the table :LOL: .....doesn't get much more interesting......

Regards to Atilla

Hs :p

I definitely think it's only a matter of time before the fast trend down continues. But as you say we are a bit in no-man's land here and anything could happen. I've found the last two days difficult to trade to be honest. Either we go down and break through which opens the door for a lot more downside or we temporarily go up again. If that's the case, 12900 cash looks feasible imo.

Looking for the Dow to take another big drop.(n)
I think all it will take are some more bad stats and figures to send it on its way.
Then looking at snapping up some EXTRA cheap shares:cheesy:

recently not too interrested if Dow advanced overnight
(n)

I definitely think it's only a matter of time before the fast trend down continues. But as you say we are a bit in no-man's land here and anything could happen. I've found the last two days difficult to trade to be honest. Either we go down and break through which opens the door for a lot more downside or we temporarily go up again. If that's the case, 12900 cash looks feasible imo.

yes same feeling here...:)
a move down taking out Aug lows would be a start ! Then look for a good tradeable bounce..

OR...as you said a move to 12900/13k for reasonable short opportunity...

my humble hunch is surprises will be to the downside.so at moment trading around a core short position

this is one of the times to be occupied doing something elese while waiting for the mkt to decide...(gardening, diy) whilst keeping one eye on it!(y)

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 203
Still working the old magic............

anyone else looking to hit the Dow hard after the open 752ish?

Im looking to short the FTSE 255 down to 158

the Dow Im looking to take it down to 559 and then 2nd wave down to 433

:clap:

Cheers Hook
1st part of Dow now complete now looking for a price to short down to 433 best price would clearly be 733

Over and out.........

As said earlier we "should" now get a break of 12500 since tiny countertrend keeps the fast move down intact.... so we agree on new lows. As 4 specific levels... I'm a bit cloudy but tradestalker.com have said they view 1370 spx as being pivotal we'll see...

:)

As said earlier we "should" now get a break of 12500 since tiny countertrend keeps the fast move down intact.... so we agree on new lows. As 4 specific levels... I'm a bit cloudy but tradestalker.com have said they view 1370 spx as being pivotal we'll see...

Why 1370 is pivotal:

Attachments

• spx.jpg
    spx.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 190
Cheers houdani

aftermarket price is a good un time to take some time off me thinks

Cheers Hook
1st part of Dow now complete now looking for a price to short down to 433 best price would clearly be 733

Spectacular call DC, my CMC price ticker is showing 12,429/34. Wow.

Today was another busy day and missed most of the action this afternoon and in the evening went to the London Social gathering.

Now that 12500 is breached I reckon we have more falls in the making.

I can't help thinking for the first time in a long while most people have concurred with the expectant drops.

Funny, just listening and some guy on Bloomberg asking a question "at what point should investors be concerned?". :LOL: Yesterday might be a suitable answer...

Good trading everyone...

So much to say.........

Why 1370 is pivotal:

First off I'm cloudy and it was tradestalker who had previously mentioned spx 1370 as poentially important.... they are not mentioning it now or in their weekend report.

Secondly, We hit 1370 equivalent overnight so let's see anyway........

Finally, I need to be more careful in posting my comments..Whilst I'm mainly a swing player tradestalker.com and quite a few others on the boards are daytraders or short term traders. Consequently some of my comments are likely to induce a degree of confusion ...or at least that's my worry.

Fire..... I've forgotten what I'm sorry is in French but it has been a while ... :p

weird.........

12450....is apprx 25% retace of 5yr bull (~7200-14200)

33%....is 11900/850............~ march 06 low or thereabouts.......

australia is now down (negative) 8 days in a row......... worth watching as these kind of losing streaks are rare ....and are unsustainable...clearly

Last edited:
Completed H&S Pattern

A consolidation above or below the 13,000 zone is likely to set the tone for trading in the opening period of the new year.
More of a continuation pattern rather than a consolidation pattern and very much below the 13,000 zone (upper green horizontal line on chart). Not only that, but yesterday's action saw a triple bottom sell signal at 12,500 (bottom red 'O' beneath the lower green horizontal line). Not good, well, not for the bulls out there anyway. Today could be interesting as the world and his wife - or her husband - will be looking to short the market. Cue some fun and games from the pro's! The bulls will have to cling to the hope that yesterday's signal was a false one and, in the mad panic to cover shorts, there's a strong bull rally over the coming days. But, don't hold your breath . . .
Tim.

Attachments

• DJIA_H&S_15_01_08.jpg
    DJIA_H&S_15_01_08.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 217
I'm preparing for a surprise..........

This is probably not tradeable for most anyway ........ but with many now clear that we are in a downtrend... (that move to 800 then back to 400 caught a few players out..:LOL:.) that aside .............the surprise vent could be a super rally in the coming days......

Structurally, I'm short with stop just above wed highs around 600-620 ...

But tactically i'm starting to think I should be building a little long position for next week. We're a bit high over the lows in europe/us for my liking so really want a dip to start adding. There is no sensible justification for doing this ...since we don't even have one upbar(counter trend) yet.

Sure I could go stop and reverse at 620 ish but I don't want to be buying up there on reflex if I can help it ................. so I'm groping for better prices...

Not much to say ..........and I've not said much :p

Status
Not open for further replies.