Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
the day following a trend day (like we had on Friday) is usually ranging...
i had it down as a rangebound day,but i thought the range might have been slightly wider.no worries though profits are profits.this leg down still has further to go imo at least another 10s+p pts if not more before a decent reactionary rally.expiry coming up and always tricky to trade.

I think the market situ must be much worse than even I anticipated when read headlines like this...

Shares regain poise as fears ease
US shares fall only slightly on Monday as a surprise rise in retail sales eases some recession fears.

Shocking... especially coming from our BBC renoune for its accurate broadcasting of the news. (n)

what will play more importance today?, the ppi and core ppi or the 30 earnings that are reporting?

the intel earnings and banking will be of more sufficants.
what do u guys thing?

er yes . Not wanting to be too picky but it took me a full minute to work out what sufficants might be and I think I may have guessed - unless its Welsh for something ? My thing is OK thanks too
:smart: :cheesy:

er yes . Not wanting to be too picky but it took me a full minute to work out what sufficants might be and I think I may have guessed - unless its Welsh for something ? My thing is OK thanks too
:smart: :cheesy:

smart ****, just cos i cant spell and i from london don't mean i don't make money

johnson and johnson just out, better than expected, futures are up but not too much

once the ppi is out this could go further up i feel

ppi is out, market seems more interested in the good j & j

does anyone know what time intel is out?

Last edited:
Sorry to carp on but i'm just not coy.13750,can't you just smell it?

I suggest you put your money where your mouth is and we put a bet on it.

This is the 3rd time I've noticed these kind of posts of yours and they contribute nothing to the more interesting discussions that are going on. Please either (a) something to back up that analysis, (b) go play the troll over at Elitetrader or (c) put some money on the line to back up your statement.

you talking about the dow?, more like 10800 by end of the year..........you gotta be kidding me

I wouldn't exactly pay much attention to that guy... he was calling for FTSE 6100 or so a couple of weeks ago, and this is the 3rd time he's called for 13750. Go figure :rolleyes:

Last edited:
fw, what do u make of the good j&j and the bad ppi?...............with intel out after the market does this mean we could see some consolidation until then? my thinking is that there is still more bad than good out there and could be a good shorting oppotunity here at this level

fw, what do u make of the good j&j and the bad ppi?...............with intel out after the market does this mean we could see some consolidation until then? my thinking is that there is still more bad than good out there and could be a good shorting oppotunity here at this level

To be honest I don't follow news :)

I only keep track of when the news is related, but I don't pay much attention to it. The market will do what it has to do, regardless of the numbers.

To be honest I don't follow news :)

I only keep track of when the news is related, but I don't pay much attention to it. The market will do what it has to do, regardless of the numbers.

yes but the news clearly drives the market, i have seen that lately for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.