Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesturdays Low

Hi FW

Congratulations on good trade.
You say you shorted on break of yesturdays low (13075),
but yesturday the intra-day low was about 13020 (Cash).
Can you explain ?

Eat My Shorts......

12200 by month end ,else I'll eat my shorts and i dont even trade the DOW..:cheesy:

good luck everybody.

I gotta hunch that Bond guy might be on the money. 10 year going to 3.25/3.5 ish. so he says if thats the case the DOW WILL be trading 12200.

Or was he talking pants and not shorts ?

Hi FW

Congratulations on good trade.
You say you shorted on break of yesturdays low (13075),
but yesturday the intra-day low was about 13020 (Cash).
Can you explain ?

Yip, all my trades and calls are off the futures. So you need to have a look at the futures chart instead of cash to compare entries/exits.

taking off another 1/3rd position at 12980 futures to add +90...
stop moved up to 13000

taking off another 1/3rd position at 12980 futures to add +90...
stop moved up to 13000

and this means stop hit on the last third...
I think I took it down far enough anyway, happy with what I took out of the plunge.

Have a good day everybody

12200 by month end ,else I'll eat my shorts and i dont even trade the DOW..:cheesy:

good luck everybody.

I gotta hunch that Bond guy might be on the money. 10 year going to 3.25/3.5 ish. so he says if thats the case the DOW WILL be trading 12200.

Or was he talking pants and not shorts ?

Look on the bright side, CB: the series of ripples on the Dow candlestick chart looks very pretty at the moment. 12800 here we come!

Respect to Atilla:cool:

Many thanks for your kind praise DC. Coming from one of the established legends of T2W I am much obliged.

Embarrasingly I only managed a plate full of pips on the DOW today. :eek: However, it was largely due to work being exceptionaly busy and stressful this week. I could only get brief glimpses. Don't know where the festive holidays gone too, but I'm feeling stress already.

One of my friends a Mr Nun at work opened up a pos after xmas and closed for +444. In fact it could have been 500 but I urged him to take profits. :whistling

Hope to have a better relaxed look on Sunday again.

I hope you all had your bucket and barrels of the stuff.

Have a great weekend everyone... :clover::clover::clover:

In hindsight, what could you have done better to stay in?

Well, not move my stop up on the last part... but than again, how many points does one want to give back to the market? If I just left my stop say at my entry point, walked away with a "I couldn't care less what happens now"-mindset and come back at the close, I'd be a very happy man. On the other hand, in most other days, that would cost me my profits and mean I have zip points at best and a loss at worst.

I notice your stop was at a very round number.

Attachments

• ymfw.gif
    ymfw.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,485
I notice your stop was at a very round number.

Yes that's true, but I normally don't pay special attention to round numbers ...

Here's how I would've managed the trade using the blue lines as reference points to move up my stop.

Attachments

• ymfw.gif
    ymfw.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 377
Hi guys,

Here is my take on the charts for this week. You probably recognise it's my road map to the galaxies during 2008. :cheesy: So far so good. We are on target.

I've added couple of more down trending lines and according to MACD and RSI the selling pressure isn't off yet. I make 12,722 one of my 38% Fib retrace levels. I think we may have some more falls before support kicks in as MACD and RSI is yet to turn up.

Also, the H&S formation is clearly visible now. This has been in development since last year and now it's so clear and it is one of the most reliable text book charts that plays out to perfection.

Hence, a breach of 12800 in it's down trend followed by a bounce to 13000 that fails would be H&S playing out to it's conclusion imo. I would then see support at 12570 and 12170 on the bigger picture.

In summary I think 13000 has been breached so this week the previous lows likely to be tested again.

On a Fundamental level the big question is we all know US is heading for a recession (elections or not). Will the Asian rise in disposable incomes spur US and European exports? US exports yes as the dollar has fallen but European ones I don't think so.

Even if there is revival in the US economy it will be at the expense of inflation as Europe is not playing the same game. Hence, the US is in a very tight spot. In fact it is a dead end road. Who ever wins the elections is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Sooner or later even China once it's obligatory expenditure is completed will face inflationary pressures and a long over due correction. Thus my view is global growth will slow down possibly stall. I hope it will not be negative as that will have a disasterous domino effect making the recession deeper and more prolonged.

Good trading everyone... (y)

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080106a.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080106a.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 254
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A20080106b.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A20080106b.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 236
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20070106c.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20070106c.png
    15 KB · Views: 260
Cambridgedon, best advice I can give, is don't think, watch and act whatever it does, let them decide how low she goes

It didn't!!Next stop 12725/30?

ndx on it's way to 1860...if 1400 1:1 doesn't hold spx that going to 1372 which will put Dow around 580 cash...keep an eye on unfilled gap on Nas Comp at 2460/66...bulls better hope for a bounce here ...volume a bit light to break the 26/11 lows at present but russell 2000 now well below those levels

Status
Not open for further replies.