Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barclays hit my target buy price of 280.

Anything between 260 - 280 is a buy imo.

Apologies for the DOW thread?

Any views... :cheesy:

the poo is hitting the fan, and there is a lot of poo and the fan is very big and going very fast.

the fan should slow down sooner rather than later, and then it could be interesting to see into the banks.

Re BARC

Look a the job done on RBS today, even when the CEO deny asking for help they still didn't rally and ended down 40%!!!!!

The same could happen to any other bank tomorrow.

If you still want to buy i'd dribble my money in, so at least if they drop you could either take a small cut or buy some more.

I'd err on the side of caution with any bank stock at the moment

Quick Question. Would really appreciate an answer!

I had opened a small Buy position for RBS - Mar09 contract with IG today afternoon @ 78.4 p

Sometime after market close today I noticed that they had "updated" my buy price from 78.4
to 101.6. When I called up to ask why my MAR09 position has been modified the answer I got
was that the futures price was calculated based on estimated dividend and that after some new
announcement from RBS, the contract had to be "amended". Does this sound all right?

Am slightly confused because I thought dividends came into play only with Rolling Contracts??

Thank You

I had opened a small Buy position for RBS - Mar09 contract with IG today afternoon @ 78.4 p

Sometime after market close today I noticed that they had "updated" my buy price from 78.4
to 101.6. When I called up to ask why my MAR09 position has been modified the answer I got
was that the futures price was calculated based on estimated dividend and that after some new
announcement from RBS, the contract had to be "amended". Does this sound all right?

Am slightly confused because I thought dividends came into play only with Rolling Contracts??

Thank You

This is sort of thing that confuses me. I'm trying out IGmarkets at the mo and their Barclays price is currently showing 285.0 whilst CMC showing 267-272???

Looks like black magic to me. :rolleyes::(:(

I know CMC & Fins prices differ - but i don't understand the dividend malarky! - especially at 30 odd percent. - do they e-mail you a contract note?

Thank You

chilltrader
What was the announcement. Is the dividend paid in shares or cash. Somehow I don't think they will be handing over 23.2p of a dividend which is the difference between the two prices you have been given. If I was you I would want this trade cancelled as they have changed the price after the contract has been opened. An announcement made after hours cannot change the price you pay, if someone was to open the same position tomorrow then I could understand them paying this new price. Try and get them to cancel this trade as it is unfair to change the price after you have opened the position, and stay away from all bank shares they are all bust.

looks like 9205 is the next target, then 8850 then 8670 I think somewhere between these figures we will make a low,friday or monday could make a short term low.

Last edited:
I'm long @ 9517 - SL @ 9497

That's it from me guys. -20 is enough.

I'll just watch and enjoy these days for the sheer experience of it all.

On a fundamental level the big wigs have really effed up the system with greed.

I've still yet to hear one good plausible reason why they do not allow the market system to sort it self out.

1. We need transparancy as a regulatory requirement from the auditors
2. So that the market can rate these shares
3. Issue new shares and let punters buy
4. Government picks up the left overs if nobody buys
5. Shareholders lose out but they are risk takers after all

If companies have no assets and they are worth trash then they shouldn't be valued at £2.58 (BARC.L). If they were valued as to what their assets plus some future expected earnings rating then the market will adjust and we can all get along.

If Banks have more liabilities than assets then they go bust, shareholders lose and governments should be obliged to cover all private and business deposits as lender of last resort.

I fail to grasp why the market system is rejected in resolving this situation?

Good trading everyone.

ok so maybe 9600 is not the bottom... not quite yet !!!! but if not not soon im buying a gun, lots of beans and retreating to my house in the majorcan hills !!

ps this is a dow thread not a uk banks thread however interesting. please a little decorum...

all of us who have given our forecast are all looking for lower figures so we must be close to a low.the market will try it's best to take our money from us.

So.. should I start my buying program from 8600? ;)

These Pivot points have an uncanny way of becoming Significant Resistance and Support levels. They have been way off the mark recently but I still like to adhere to them.

fwiw those previous figures were for the Weekly time frame. ie Long run.

On my hourly charts I can pretty confidently say if we don't breach 9634 sometime tomorrow I can see us around S2 @ 9250 regions. That is my hourly charts.

Oscillators are currently in oversold territory.

I'd expect a bounce to test 9640s and then either up and yonder or how low can she go?

Still wavering on Barclays, currently 258-263 according to CMC. Really tempted but will wait for £2.27-35 my new target :smart: .

Status
Not open for further replies.