Dow 2007

I had a strong hunch that taking the opposite of your trade would bring me money :cheesy:

Has anyone backtested fading DC? I would give it a go, but after doing a few months of YM and a year of GBP/JPY my eyes hurt. I suppose two views make a market...

Something tells me that someone who wanted to buy 8 with a 400 point stop is blind to the other side.

You are right about that! :LOL:

I don't trade full time so leave my orders in the book, although I am bullish I have no doubt it will be a bumpy ride this week.

With that in mind I have pulled the order up to 13425 (and cut it in half untill 13600) and bought alot of yen for the volatility.

JK

Has anyone backtested fading DC? I would give it a go, but after doing a few months of YM and a year of GBP/JPY my eyes hurt. I suppose two views make a market...

feel free to do so right now you would be long 238 unless you are taking selective calls like others

Down to 150 now? Not going to risk it.

Given the breakdown of 13250 I'd say we are due to test resiliance of 13000...

However, 13157 is my S2 pivot point and so perhaps that's as far as we'll go today.

4 hours looking like divergence taking place on MACD with price so we may have a small bounce but daily's still heading down imo. And so another down day tomorrow perhaps...

In? Would that be long or short?

I WAS in long at that level. I'm stopped out now for -35.

I am still hoping for a close of 13271 to keep the MA picture going, otherwise its a really sh**y picture for the dow.

Live trade call, closed DOW long @ 13286 (+16)

Thats me done for the dow today, happy trading all

Hi DC, without giving away my full trading strategy, early warning of a change of direction (1min chart) RSI (14) crossed target line MA (20) which linked up up 3 other settings/indies I use, was always a short term trade. as the 10 min charts dow look bullish

Excellent stuff Dinos. Live entries, live exits, reasoning and all included.
And having the discipline to quit after a winning trade.

Top class. Nothing but respect here.

care to post the deal ticket or are you still fantasy trading?

Here we go again :rolleyes:
some people just don't know when to quit

Fortunately I do. It's called "ignore".

Oh and btw, I'm sorry your calls went wrong again, but don't blame it on the observer.

Last edited:
why? I would expect the same if I constantly posted negative comments with regard to a persons trades

I've never taken offense by people who said they'd taken the opposite side of a trade of mine. Apparently you do, god knows why. Ego perhaps? As for the "constantly"... well I can't really help it, you keep throwing me all these points :cool: