Dow 2007

thread bashing

I've been away for a few weeks and have took a look in whenever possible..African internet is not the best:LOL:
Unfortunately in that time this thread appears to have deteriorated into a slanging match about members credibility.Why people have to slag other members off when they post genuine opinions is beyond me..this is not a trading advisory service here,but a forum to discuss views !
I have the utmost respect for FW,Dinos,DC,Attila etc for being prepared to put their opinions on the line and live or die by them..they get it right more often than not which is the whole concept of trading...not to nail every winner,but to win more than lose...other posters that cannot understand this shouldn't be anywhere near a trading screen...someone asked where Hookshot had got to.Perhaps he's seen all this toy throwing and pissed off to pastures new..who can blame him !
Lets get back to basics.. we're all supposed to be on the same side..

Rant over
Cheers

I've been away for a few weeks and have took a look in whenever possible..African internet is not the best:LOL:
Unfortunately in that time this thread appears to have deteriorated into a slanging match about members credibility.Why people have to slag other members off when they post genuine opinions is beyond me..this is not a trading advisory service here,but a forum to discuss views !
I have the utmost respect for FW,Dinos,DC,Attila etc for being prepared to put their opinions on the line and live or die by them..they get it right more often than not which is the whole concept of trading...not to nail every winner,but to win more than lose...other posters that cannot understand this shouldn't be anywhere near a trading screen...someone asked where Hookshot had got to.Perhaps he's seen all this toy throwing and pissed off to pastures new..who can blame him !
Lets get back to basics.. we're all supposed to be on the same side..

Rant over
Cheers

hear hear..
this thread has definitely gone down hill..live trading not my bag either - but I can see it may be helpful for some newcomers (?)..charts and views are good..just because it is good to see other viepoints rather than getting stuck to ones own...

hopefully 2008 will see a change for the better - lots of seasonable cheer to all..
adios

I guess you missed it while trying to calculate what the market is going to do the next day or week or so.

Meanwhile we've all been trading the "now" instead of the future :)

oh and yes, I post on a lot of threads... I even did some on live trading chat rooms

oh how we change our tune I would point you to your post last night "everything is determined in advance " yeh right

FW you couldnt trade your way out of a paper bag you multiply any points won by the number of contracts whilst leaving points lost at a set amount some of the prices you purport to get are total fiction
Lets not play the I post here there and everywhere lets see hard facts

oh how we change our tune I would point you to your post last night "everything is determined in advance " yeh right
If you didn't realize I was being ironic, I must have overestimated your intelligence. :rolleyes: Sorry, won't happen again.

FW you couldnt trade your way out of a paper bag you multiply any points won by the number of contracts whilst leaving points lost at a set amount some of the prices you purport to get are total fiction

Seems like karmit isn't the only one in need of a new pair of glasses. The way I post my trades (winners ànd losers) has always been the same. It's worth noting the only people having trouble with that are those are keep finding themselves on the wrong side of the market.

The hard facts are that I used to make live calls together with some other members long before you came around this thread to tell us that the next day was going to be "foregone conclusion". :rolleyes:

I use to post live calls as Firewalker mentioned, it is an excellent way to show your credability in analysing and trading the market, however, I stopped making them as I noticed others took (posted) trades shortly after mine, akin to taking what I was saying as gospel, if the trade didn't work and I closed out, I got a few PM's, not nice ones either. My decision therefore was not to publish actual trades anymore, in fact, I have distanced myself from the thread, however, I am prepared to state what I'm looking at, direction and what I hope out of the trade without pinning the trade down to an actual figure.

Face it Dinos, you have been a trader for much longer then me and you've seen how it works. Those who aren't able to make money become frustrated by the lack of progress. First they blame the market and then they tell anybody who does make a living out of it, this can't be happening or they must be "in the know". And when that person does make a losing trade, he'll either by ridiculed by or criticized.

There's nothing new here. The majority does what they do. Which is why a lot of high profile members have either started their private group or left T2W. :|

I was told about this site by a friend and they said it's much more friendly than elite and some others out there.

After reading what's been going on here lately though I'm not sure I'd put up my trades to be ridiculed. We are all wrong at some point aren't we during our trading careers? I get hassle from other places so the last thing I need is to come on here and be abused by total strangers!

If things pick up I may start posting my view in the new year otherwise I'll just enjoy the spectacle!

Good luck one and all

this is not getting any better .. and I probably wont help .. but Firewalker's live trades have been very good, and honest .. I've checked.

Your calls recently, DC, would lead newbies into ruin in very short order. you called short hundreds of points too soon recently, just last night you said:

"the plan is to gap up to the 630 in the morning or hit early doors of european session then fall look like its going to close gap but take it down to 245 area"

that's a call for long stated with such certainty which makes it worse.

please don't sound so certain in future . it's hard to ignore, especially as you have some followers who pretend you you are a guru.

I'm sorry but I see no evidence for this.

It should be pretty clear by now why this thread (with over 230.000 views and almost 10.000 posts) has only begun to deteriorate recently.

For the time being, I'm done with this thread.
Thanks for the PMs, I'll reply later. Fortunately there are still some left who are interested in real trading.

If you go through my posts of the last couple of days (and months to be honest), you'll notice that I've set a target in advance. I usually also post if and when I move my stop to breakeven, when I scale out or when I take profits. There's only so much one can say.

Nobody said one had to follow somebody else's trail.

Good trading to you Atilla, I enjoy your charts and longer term views but they don't exactly do much for me neither :)

Hi Firewalker,

My friend I think you have got the wrong message. I was agreeing with your point of view and what you were commenting to for that other chap. I don't like just entry and exit points only. I'm sorry if I have given the wrong impression.

I also concur with what you have written in this post. As for my charts they are my personal views and I hope others don't blindly follow as my losses can be anything up to -200 as in the past so beware.

On a cheeky note, some have been absolutely spot on though. I do favour my H&S charts though if I may say.

Please continue in the same usual way no offence taken or hopefuly given.

I've exited DAX for a profit and still short on the DOW currently up on that too.

Will see what the score is again at 3pm.

Good trading everyone... :)

I'm getting more than a little fed up with the bitching going on here.

Just as markets evolve, so does a trader. He goes through different phases he trades different instruments and has different time horizons different directions.

So, what are all the arguments about? (rhetorical question do not answer)

Each and every One of us is responsible for our own trades....end of.

cv

The last thing anyone would want here is for a mod crack down.

this is not getting any better .. and I probably wont help .. but Firewalker's live trades have been very good, and honest .. I've checked.
I don't know you shortorlong, but you've obviously taken the time to check on the charts, which is the minimum one should do before accusing anybody of falsifying his results. Thank you for setting that straight. Funny how these people who accuse you of cheating never want to know "why did you enter there?", or "why was that your target"? They aren't interested in the market reality, they only want to pick a fight.

Your calls recently, DC, would lead newbies into ruin in very short order. you called short hundreds of points too soon recently, just last night you said:
I've only tried for people to be open to either side of the market and to show them you don't need to know what's going to happen next in order to make money of it. In fact, one can't know it in advance, as dc2000 has demonstrated. Each is entitled to their own opinion, but my only advise has been never to follow anybody else's calls.

I wish you all good luck today.

I don't know you shortorlong, but you've obviously taken the time to check on the charts, which is the minimum one should do before accusing anybody of falsifying his results. Thank you for setting that straight. Funny how these people who accuse you of cheating never want to know "why did you enter there?", or "why was that your target"? They aren't interested in the market reality, they only want to pick a fight.

I've only tried for people to be open to either side of the market and to show them you don't need to know what's going to happen next in order to make money of it. In fact, one can't know it in advance, as dc2000 has demonstrated. Each is entitled to their own opinion, but my only advise has been never to follow anybody else's calls.

I wish you all good luck today.

Do you think 430 cash, is back in play?

I'll go long from here 440, with a stop at 400. Target 520.:?:

"the plan is to gap up to the 630 in the morning or hit early doors of european session then fall look like its going to close gap but take it down to 245 area"

that's a call for long stated with such certainty which makes it worse.

please don't sound so certain in future . it's hard to ignore, especially as you have some followers who pretend you you are a guru.

I'm sorry but I see no evidence for this.

clearly my post the other day regarding patience and waiting for the trade was not taken with the same regard as last nights post if anything from last nights price at the time of the post a short with a stop above 630 would have been the option, I also said in a previous post a break of 630 would mean higher than 770 and that price would be 809

If you didn't realize I was being ironic, I must have overestimated your intelligence. :rolleyes: Sorry, won't happen again.

Seems like karmit isn't the only one in need of a new pair of glasses. The way I post my trades (winners ànd losers) has always been the same. It's worth noting the only people having trouble with that are those are keep finding themselves on the wrong side of the market.

The hard facts are that I used to make live calls together with some other members long before you came around this thread to tell us that the next day was going to be "foregone conclusion". :rolleyes:

The only call I saw from you on the board was you egging on "long long" before the market dropped sizeably... which in fact DC had called (at least the direction was right!)

Of course no one expects each trade / direction called to be right 100% of the time.

What I think wrong is your attitude - you seem to negate everyone elses comment/opinion with some rubbish arguments.. that seems to be your only "trading plan" !

Well Dow and DAX have both dropped since my entry price of 13455 & 7925 at 10:49 am this morning... Has been another reasonably good day for me.

Both closed now but I thought I'd enter the prices for the two lemmings who gave me negative reputations for not entering my entry price and agreeing with Firewalker for his remarks at Karmit not to follow other people blindly.

Some people don't know good advice when they are given it. Honestly. :rolleyes:

I'm now wondering weather to go short on the DOW again as I think this is going to close around the 13300 mark which is my Pivot S2 point on the 4 hour charts... :rolleyes:

Oh well 13339 will do me for now... That's it for this week. I'll post some charts up on Sunday evening hopefuly.

Have a great weekend everyone and festive greetings....

Last edited:
Two days ago we reversed direction on the 10 day moving average, today we are sitting on the 50 day MA.
Next move down to 20 day MA with a close of 286 on Monday.

It's a plan - but more like one of Murdock's than Hannibal's

Every dog has his day !

I am taking a little profit at this point (340) still have another position I will hold over the weekend.

Well Dow and DAX have both dropped since my entry price of 13455 & 7925 at 10:49 am this morning... Has been another reasonably good day for me.

Both closed now but I thought I'd enter the prices for the two lemmings who gave me negative reputations for not entering my entry price and agreeing with Firewalker for his remarks at Karmit not to follow other people blindly.

Some people don't know good advice when they are given it. Honestly. :rolleyes:

I'm now wondering weather to go short on the DOW again as I think this is going to close around the 13300 mark which is my Pivot S2 point on the 4 hour charts... :rolleyes:

Oh well 13339 will do me for now... That's it for this week. I'll post some charts up on Sunday evening hopefuly.

Have a great weekend everyone and festive greetings....

Atilla... there's a difference between "following" and "agreeing"

I agreed with the short direction - and pretty glad about it this
week!... one of the best so far :)

Have a good weekend.

Do you think 430 cash, is back in play?

I'll go long from here 440, with a stop at 400. Target 520.:?:

Dog poo! 20 pts shy and stopped out. Sold off at 490 - 500, never to return. For all those into the illusionary shapes and sizes, luuurvly triangle formed today and no BO.

Have a nice day!:cheesy: