Dow 2007

No, because I went long by accident. I was trying to move an order ticket on CMC and hit the buy on my gold ticket! I had just pulled up the gold ticket, and the price was set to 10pp and one click dealing was on. I was staring at this little green box which was telling me I had just bought 10pp of gold. Not having any reason to be in the trade, I covered immediately (rather than sit and hope that it would go up). As it was, the market had moved four tenths against me by the time I covered, plus the spread. -90 in a few seconds. OUCH!

LL I understood you went in by mistake but the point remains you should have stayed in as price now is 775!

You may have lost 90 but you could have made about 900 by now... :rolleyes:

Less haste more speed. :idea:

Update

SHOCKED...
Oi....don't you read my posts (obviously missed the one about gold yesterday) :cheesy:

I said gold was due a decent move dec gold was then 761 to buy and now well........

To be honest the move has been relatively MODEST.....less than expectations underwhelming you get the pt.

Life is great ! :D
That's more like it......... as Gold makes new highs - now up almost $20 from post - that's not shabby at all... pretty decent :LOL:

Movin' on.........

Dow topped at 14164.5 on closing basis on 9th October.. (5yrs to the day of the closing low of the bear market......what a coincidence!!!)

Since that high we have fallen around 643 on closing basis and so far regained +154 from last friday's swing lows (on a closing basis)........

Rocket scientists amongst you will realise this is a lame bounce so far (sub 25%) ... So I'm inclined to think we go up today closing at least 50pts in the green.... consequently I'll be look to buy the dip......crossing my fingers for the close :LOL:

But who knows really ? I'll do anything to stop Atilla calling me Mr Dow :)...

Mr Jones

Dow topped at 14164.5 on closing basis on 9th October.. (5yrs to the day of the closing low of the bear market......what a coincidence!!!)

Since that high we have fallen around 643 on closing basis and so far regained +154 from last friday's swing lows (on a closing basis)........

Rocket scientists amongst you will realise this is a lame bounce so far (sub 25%) ... So I'm inclined to think we go up today closing at least 50pts in the green.... consequently I'll be look to buy the dip......crossing my fingers for the close :LOL:

But who knows really ? I'll do anything to stop Atilla calling me Mr Dow :)...

Morning Mr Jones :!:

Ftse yest High, havind dificulty holding at the minute

Low of open hr range @ 6580

Pivot @ 6550 ish if open hr range goes :arrowd: then back up:arrowu: when the MEN IN BLACK:cool: get up at 10:30 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Morning Mr Jones :!:

Ftse yest High, havind dificulty holding at the minute

Low of open hr range @ 6580

Pivot @ 6550 ish if open hr range goes :arrowd: then back up:arrowu: when the MEN IN BLACK:cool: get up at 10:30 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Short ftse cash @74

Close 72.5, fishing against trade, went no ware fast, regained hr low, gone with a wee :eek: bit but its better than none ;) :D

breach hr range

Last edited:
Short ftse cash @74

Close 72.5, fishing against trade, went no ware fast, regained hr low, gone with a wee :eek: bit but its better than none ;) :D

Looks to have rejected any idea of :arrowd: with big 15min :arrowu:

recapturing open hour range, yest high @ 88 R1 615 R2 654

Conditions look good for testing the long board soon. :D

3 time frame look at market

Blue last weeks range
Purple open hour range

Last edited:
Longboard @ 97 cash ftse

Platform down, phoned IG as per instuctions man went down phone line , excepted any potential loss while position open

AMAZED forced to eat words on other threads :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

will update IG thread later still :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ANDY AKA

Last edited:
That's more like it......... as Gold makes new highs - now up almost $20 from post - that's not shabby at all... pretty decent :LOL:

Hi guys,

I may not respond but I am reading all your posts and making mental notes. Life is good indeed. Never had it so good realy.

I'm short on gold and short on the DOW at the mo.

A little in the loss but holding on. Expecting a big fall. In the short term a rise is in place perhaps to 13800. I have the reserves and liquidity and prepared to hold out for this big fall. Feeling lucky.

I should add as a qualifier last time I did something like this it cost me -200 plus pips. :eek: Easy come easy go.

Good trading everyone.

Good trading everyone.

Looking at my screens there are 61 decliners in the FTSE100 but the things driving the market are XTA, the petrol companies and VOD. Be interested to see where the DOW moves.

Am short DOW 13680 and FTSE short at 6650 (I know did it last night as DOW tanked!).

CLosed 609.5

Longboard @ 97 cash ftse

Platform down, phoned IG as per instuctions man went down phone line , excepted any potential loss while position open

AMAZED forced to eat words on other threads :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

will update IG thread later still :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ANDY AKA

Closed 609.5 +12.5pts

Nice errrr exciting ride NOT :!: out about R1, little early but sold on up-thrust had tried a few times to get up :eek:

+14 pts +25pts +1.5 pts = +39pts for week.

R2 is at 6655 , good Dow and index may see that today, wary of early mark up before they open or may be all priced in :!:

Gone for Din Dins, re-set me charts , lost the lot when IG fixed me platform :devilish: :devilish:

Over to the Dow Boys

Trade well you mad men :p

arrrrr just peeped hit me proper target , premature e...... again:eek: :eek:

Hi guys,

I may not respond but I am reading all your posts and making mental notes. Life is good indeed. Never had it so good realy.

I'm short on gold and short on the DOW at the mo.

A little in the loss but holding on. Expecting a big fall. In the short term a rise is in place perhaps to 13800. I have the reserves and liquidity and prepared to hold out for this big fall. Feeling lucky.

I should add as a qualifier last time I did something like this it cost me -200 plus pips. :eek: Easy come easy go.

Good trading everyone.

Good trading everyone.

Good luck Atilla - but I think you could be right eventually. I'm expecting another big drop - but I think it's a little too early for one at present. May be wrong though....

Must be buying em big

Looking at my screens there are 61 decliners in the FTSE100 but the things driving the market are XTA, the petrol companies and VOD. Be interested to see where the DOW moves.

Am short DOW 13680 and FTSE short at 6650 (I know did it last night as DOW tanked!).

och, bit to much of a rush to get me din dins, ftse flyin to R2 @ 6554 @39 last time I peeped

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: must not grumble, my beans were nice :cry:

Expensive Din Dins

Closed 609.5 +12.5pts

Nice errrr exciting ride NOT :!: out about R1, little early but sold on up-thrust had tried a few times to get up :eek:

+14 pts +25pts +1.5 pts = +39pts for week.

R2 is at 6655 , good Dow and index may see that today, wary of early mark up before they open or may be all priced in :!:

Gone for Din Dins, re-set me charts , lost the lot when IG fixed me platform :devilish: :devilish:

Over to the Dow Boys

Trade well you mad men :p

arrrrr just peeped hit me proper target , premature e...... again:eek: :eek:

och, bit to much of a rush to get me din dins, ftse flyin to R2 @ 6554 @39 last time I peeped

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: must not grumble, my beans were nice :cry:

OH Dear very premature :eek: :eek:

Right through R2 , Stretched and if breadth still poor index may be very vulnerable to any Dow weakness and back track fast later.

I am out later, but would not trade short or Fade this move anyway, but if you have nibble fingers and a reliable platform it may be for you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's really dished my day

Those prize idiots Bush and Rice are about to start yet another war ( which they can't win )

"Iran has responded defiantly to new sanctions imposed by the US targeting Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps and three state-owned banks. " says the Beeb

Oil is set to rise well past the $200 a barrel mark in the near future as Iran turns off the taps. Mad and Bad is defiant as ever.

None of them will be shivering this winter - bar stewards the poxy lot of them

I,ve just filled the car and guess what - the queue was 100 yards up the road !!!!!!!!!!

Its not men in black that's needed - it's men in white coats to cart the politicians off to the local looney-bin

Oh dear - pass the aspirins Mabel

Dont make sense

That's really dished my day

Those prize idiots Bush and Rice are about to start yet another war ( which they can't win )

"Iran has responded defiantly to new sanctions imposed by the US targeting Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps and three state-owned banks. " says the Beeb

Oil is set to rise well past the $200 a barrel mark in the near future as Iran turns off the taps. Mad and Bad is defiant as ever.

None of them will be shivering this winter - bar stewards the poxy lot of them

I,ve just filled the car and guess what - the queue was 100 yards up the road !!!!!!!!!!

Its not men in black that's needed - it's men in white coats to cart the politicians off to the local looney-bin

Oh dear - pass the aspirins Mabel

Whys the Ftse going up or have IG got their bias out again :eek: :eek:

Trying to fish me in for a fade :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

Whys the Ftse going up or have IG got their bias out again :eek: :eek:

Trying to fish me in for a fade :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

Hope I'm not being too alarmist but I am thinking twice before having longs for the medium term. This crisis has been building for months - weve had the rhetoric and the Iranians will have the bomb sooner rather than later - so ???????

abject apology from Bush - I doubt it somehow. He will retire back to the ranch in Texas - why should he care

open hour range

Hope I'm not being too alarmist but I am thinking twice before having longs for the medium term. This crisis has been building for months - weve had the rhetoric and the Iranians will have the bomb sooner rather than later - so ???????

abject apology from Bush - I doubt it somehow. He will retire back to the ranch in Texas - why should he care

Hi all,

just got in for a hour :(

don't no what others think , :?:

Top of this range at 780 cash goes and clear blue sky if accepted above :?:

R2 @ 846 today

NO split on market watch site, I always found that if not reported usually bad :LOL:

Last edited:
Badly burned unfortunately 60pts for FTSE and 30 pts for DOW short... well thats put a dent in the weekend festivities!
Hope you guys do better.

Cart of the Day

4 hr chart

Anybody out there or all shut early day :?:

Still no split at market match , most unusual, must be just Microsoft holding it up :?:

better informed please speak/post :?:

Last edited:
Hi Develbis

I am trading at the moment, jumping in and out of shorts on the FTSE and
Nymex crude at the moment. I expect the DOW to fall soon, not too sure
whether it will be before the FOMC meeting