Dow 2007

If you don't like to post calls that are too far ahead in the future, then don't.
But don't hide behind excuses.

A true warrior admits defeat.

Please show me where I have made excuses

Generally I swing trade and intraday a couple of times per week the figs I post are based on this I posted this afternoon to say I was no longer expecting the low 13000 today but expecting a turn at 245 and a range day which failed to hit the high but I still got a trade

it aint a typo my son, :cheesy: 3010 stands you got it right....
my 11000 still stands too :LOL:
it's all just a "matter of time"

i rest my case.....have fun with your textbook "after the fact" trading :LOL:
after the fact, as in "Tuesday 5 pm", but as that failed to materialize, we have now moved it to Wednesday? :LOL:

As opposed to my posts (check the timestamps if you must), 13260 target set 3 hours before the close. I would call that "before the fact".

It certainly looks like you are in a universe of your own sometimes, but there's no need to reverse the order of time thank you very much.
[/QUOTE]

catch ya never, textbook boy....you are back on ignore as of now. :LOL:

Yes, best to pick only those battles where you can't lose. Otherwise you might feel the pain of taking a hit. Oh right, not using stops solved that problem. Funny how that might explain why you fail to see how there's money to be made on the long side too each day.

I guess you of all people should know what Yoda said :LOL:

Please show me where I have made excuses

Generally I swing trade and intraday a couple of times per week the figs I post are based on this I posted this afternoon to say I was no longer expecting the low 13000 today but expecting a turn at 245 and a range day which failed to hit the high but I still got a trade

I'm glad you did. But the point is you said you weren't going to trade today and that 13014 was a "foregone conclusion". This incorrectly assumes that it is possible to accurately predict with any consistency what is going to happen next.

You also forgot to tell us what happened to the 13680?

:LOL:
Yes, best to pick only those battles where you can't lose. Otherwise you might feel the pain of taking a hit. Oh right, not using stops solved that problem. Funny how that might explain why you fail to see how there's money to be made on the long side too each day.

I guess you of all people should know what Yoda said :LOL:

ROFLMAO again.....you just dont help yourself :LOL: ....and again....:LOL:

ok, i know you have an ego issue now, i promise to leave your ego-land alone boy :LOL: ....you have your thread back, no more batman no more penguins, i wont even mention heads or shoulders cause you dont " know them".....as you have mentioned before :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: kind of hilarious for a textbook boy like yourself :LOL:

but i hope you dont blame me to keep on rolling on the floor laughing my derriere off everytime i read your rubbish post-fact trades :LOL:

ok, had enough laughing. now officially offline.

but i hope you dont blame me to keep on rolling on the floor laughing my derriere off everytime i read your rubbish post-fact trades :LOL:

And yet somehow the boy fails the understand the concept of time...

And yet he keeps contradicting himself (I thought I was on ignore already 5 posts ago)...

And still the only words that came out of him were filled with laughter.

correct me if Im wrong I thought I mentioned 13680 as being a nice target for a rally santa an all dat at the time
The 130014 did fail but unless you read my pre market post or had pm'd me i could see why you still thought i was looking for it

ROFLMAO again.....you just dont help yourself :LOL: ....and again....:LOL:

ok, i know you have an ego issue now, i promise to leave your ego-land alone boy :LOL: ....you have your thread back, no more batman no more penguins, i wont even mention heads or shoulders cause you dont " know them".....as you have mentioned before :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: kind of hilarious for a textbook boy like yourself :LOL:

ok, had enough laughing. now officially offline.

nah, dont be a hipocrite.......quote all of it son, remember.....you shorted a shoulder, and you got out early :LOL: :LOL: :eek:

will do you a favour Firewalker.........:LOL: .....you can go long at the other end....guess where? :eek:

yes, at 3010 :LOL:

good night to you, textbook boy :LOL:

Kenobi goes for most hilarious "post of month"

nah, dont be a hipocrite.......quote all of it son, remember.....you shorted a shoulder, and you got out early :LOL: :LOL: :eek:

what did you say? "you got out early". :LOL: :LOL:

Don't know what kind of trader you are, but ANY trader I know, will take profits once his target is hit, instead of letting price reverse all the way back to your entry. All right, I forgot to say this is all TEXTBOOK easy!

Charts say everything. Needless to say more.

If I should consider a re-entry I'll bag twice as much points, instead for hanging it out to dry for a week until a certain target that appeared out of thin air will get hit :LOL:

Attachments

• ym_20071204.jpg
    ym_20071204.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 175
will do you a favour Firewalker.........:LOL: .....you can go long at the other end....guess where? :eek:

yes, at 3010 :LOL:
:

seriously now? longs from yesterday's close are already up +80 :cheesy:

I suggest you go back to reading comic books. Batman & Robin :LOL: :LOL:
After that. Try reading a textbook.
Next try a textbook about trading.
Finally, try and put things together in what we traders like to call "a strategy". :LOL:

what did you say? "you got out early". :LOL: :LOL:

Don't know what kind of trader you are, but ANY trader I know, will take profits once his target is hit, instead of letting price reverse all the way back to your entry. All right, I forgot to say this is all TEXTBOOK easy!

Charts say everything. Needless to say more.

If I should consider a re-entry I'll bag twice as much points, instead for hanging it out to dry for a week until a certain target that appeared out of thin air will get hit :LOL:

FW just wondering why you didnt consider the fairly low risk overnight long given that the natural target of 335 cash was not hit?

FW just wondering why you didnt consider the fairly low risk overnight long given that the natural target of 335 cash was not hit?

This has been answered before and you can find the answer in my journal. But given it's been a while and you've been away for some time I will clarify things:

For trading futures I only make intraday positions and close out at MOC. Always. Even if there's zero risk and unlimited potential profit, I feel no need to do so. No overnights positions for me on the futures. I do however make use of spiders, diamonds and cubes. So to answer your question, yes I am long, but not in the DOW, in the S&P with an ETF instead.

"A pure tape reading day trader does not care to carry over night. The tape is then silent, and he only knows what to do when it tells him. Something may occur at midnight which may crumple up his diagram of the next day's market. He leaves nothing to chance; hence he prefers a clean sheet when the market gong strikes."- Wyckoff

Exited all long positions now for a decent profit. Price almost back at where I shorted yesterday evening. Flat now before the news. Out for the rest of the day anyway, so probably flat until tomorrow. Good trading everybody.

The market is back, with it's Bear Blasting Bazuka, aiming for Santa. So if you need a 'nip', to get you through the day, make sure it's Bullish Brandy!

Peppered the area with my English Long Bow, i 'ave C.

Now it's payback time, and i don't accept Textbooks for payment!

Whats gone wrong on this thread??

This thread used to be OK, I don't call in much these days, but hell what the F**k has happened,crappy star wars lingo, berating certain individuals for their valued opinions, figures apparently plucked out of the sky with no credible evidence to back up these statement, utter utter rubbish.

I respect Firewalker immensely, his contributions to this board is legendary, his knowledge 2nd to none, so to those of you (and you know who you are) who continue to berate his contribution, give it a F**cking rest and get the board back up to the way it has been before.

I for one will not be re-visiting this thread again, whilst the morons rules.

The market is back, with it's Bear Blasting Bazuka, aiming for Santa. So if you need a 'nip', to get you through the day, make sure it's Bullish Brandy!

Peppered the area with my English Long Bow, i 'ave C.

Now it's payback time, and i don't accept Textbooks for payment!

you buy it son I'll SELL it just for now

This has been answered before and you can find the answer in my journal. But given it's been a while and you've been away for some time I will clarify things:

For trading futures I only make intraday positions and close out at MOC. Always. Even if there's zero risk and unlimited potential profit, I feel no need to do so. No overnights positions for me on the futures. I do however make use of spiders, diamonds and cubes. So to answer your question, yes I am long, but not in the DOW, in the S&P with an ETF instead.

"A pure tape reading day trader does not care to carry over night. The tape is then silent, and he only knows what to do when it tells him. Something may occur at midnight which may crumple up his diagram of the next day's market. He leaves nothing to chance; hence he prefers a clean sheet when the market gong strikes."- Wyckoff

I knew you traded futures but dont recall you saying about ET index shares do you consider this a less riskier way to hold overnight rather than a reduced exposure in futures?

I knew you traded futures but dont recall you saying about ET index shares do you consider this a less riskier way to hold overnight rather than a reduced exposure in futures?

As this is the DOW 2007 thread I see no reason to talk about my ETF, stocks or option positions... Do you disclose all the positions of your 5 accounts?

I only talk about futures trading, as the rest of my positions are relatively small compared to those.

And yes, I think it's less riskier. Also, overnight holding means double in margin requirements.