Dow 2007

long here @ 895 cash....all the usual suspects are rockin and rollin...NDX,APPL,GOOG,RIMM..lets hope Dow can join in... sl 860 cash

GOOG could be room for disappointment? Stock has had a big run up ahead of figs - so they had better be good! I'm out for mo - options expiry tomorrow..

feels like we are in "no mans land" and could go a couple of hundred either way...

good luck

just got in, no bang , :LOL: must have been bad round :LOL: :LOL:

bit better for you fw, your a patient man

thanks, it definitely took serious patience
I left it open till the close!

just closed my other NQ position. 17 points in the pocket feels pretty good :)
that's comparable to 68 points on the DOW

my net long on the DOW only managed +30 though, I guess that shows how much weaker the DOW really is :|

The Big Picture

Might be interesting to compare the Transports and Utilities to the Industrial Avg.

Looks like we are risking a break of the trendline on the Transports... :!:

Attachments

• DJTA_okt07.PNG
    DJTA_okt07.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DJUA_okt07.PNG
    DJUA_okt07.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 132
  • DJIA_okt07.PNG
    DJIA_okt07.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 126
Might be interesting to compare the Transports and Utilities to the Industrial Avg.

Looks like we are risking a break of the trendline on the Transports... :!:

Thats how you put charts up :eek: nearly pasted the Mrs Limewire downloads last time :LOL:

how do you do it :?:

Last edited:
Thats how you put charts up :eek: nearly pasted the Mrs Limewire downloads last time :LOL:

how do you do it :?:

Well there are several ways...

I like to keep it simple, so I copy them from a site (in this particular example I did from BigCharts.com, but could be ProRealtime or any other) to a picture editor (as plain as Paint) and add some annotations and/or lines to it.

Then I save the image and when submitting a post I attach the image file.

Well there are several ways...

I like to keep it simple, so I copy them from a site (in this particular example I did from BigCharts.com, but could be ProRealtime or any other) to a picture editor (as plain as Paint) and add some annotations and/or lines to it.

Then I save the image and when submitting a post I attach the image file.

Thanks fw, using screen shot, and got the lot last time :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What's happening guys?

I've opened up a second short pos at 13877 with CMC now. no SL.

What big news are we waiting for?

Hi guys, just for the record I've closed my first trade from yesterday this morning for +37. Did consider going long but the trend on my hourlies is still down.

As for this morning it made a higher low so thought it would rise but didn't go long.

I now have one more short position on CMC which I'll close hopefuly for profit this evening.

Not sure what will happen today. Any ideas. :idea:

bullish signs?

Looks like major markets are tracing out bullish flag patterns...(eg Dax, DOW)..just a question of how long it goes on for...

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DAX PERFORMANCE INDEX.png
    DAX PERFORMANCE INDEX.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 126
Naz makes new swing highs.......

With indices (ex-Tech) looking so bleak shorting them feels a bit uncomfortable for me since who knows when they will bounce ....... So must wait to buy.......

However, I've taken a position in Naz futs cos "strangely" enough it's possible for the other indices may drag it south........

risk rew is reasonable since at the highest in almost 5yrs. I expect to be stopped out but if not .......... :cheesy:

With indices (ex-Tech) looking so bleak shorting them feels a bit uncomfortable for me since who knows when they will bounce ....... So must wait to buy.......

However, I've taken a position in Naz futs cos "strangely" enough it's possible for the other indices may drag it south........

risk rew is reasonable since at the highest in almost 5yrs. I expect to be stopped out but if not .......... :cheesy:

Well Naz touched highs but reversed sharply... already 15 points of the premarket highs, so that's not a particularly good sign :|

long NQ 2179 fut

If it carries on like this I'm going to be a very happy man. Exceptional for me. I can't help thinking I've turned around some corner. Still short on my CMC account.

I thought I saw a H&S reversal. Hope to draw up charts this Sunday. That blue 4 hour chart hosted by one person had it right I think. The long uptrend has been broken and we are looking at a turn.

Not sure if my bear side having a big itch or something... Looking for a nice tree to ... :LOL:

If it carries on like this I'm going to be a very happy man. Exceptional for me. I can't help thinking I've turned around some corner. Still short on my CMC account.

I thought I saw a H&S reversal. Hope to draw up charts this Sunday. That blue 4 hour chart hosted by one person had it right I think. The long uptrend has been broken and we are looking at a turn.

Not sure if my bear side having a big itch or something... Looking for a nice tree to ... :LOL:

Yesterdays mis-print yesterday HIGH should have read LOW :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

Well done Atilla,

Index out of S2 by 80 pts :!:

day 52 sma @ 657 with IG chart

Last edited:

Dow looks like a H&S indeed... much weaker than all the rest.
I'm glad to see things turning out okay for you, had to happen sooner or later :)

Not all markets are looking bearish though. For instance the DAX is miles away from it's uptrendline that started in 2003. Doesn't mean we will continue upwards, in fact I think that's the least probably scenario.

I'm just playing the strongest one out there for the time being: the NQ. Got stopped out -5 though today. Lucky for me I made 15 on a premarket short. Next support another 10 points lower. If that breaks... well let's just say I will be a grizzly bear then :)