Dow 2007

yes got on a couple of minutes before the post didnt get out as early as i would have liked tho
looking for round 2 now

moving my stop to 2 pips below that low it made a cfew minutes ago
lets see if we can get a nice little run up into the close

well that ones just given back 14 pts

Ouch. I've lost 11 pips for the second day in a row now! Up around 80 on Monday, and 11 down each day since. Net ~60 on the week so far, with 2 days left. ~20 pips per day - not too impressive, but I've been trading a few hours a day only. Interestingly I was in profit before 7PM both Tuesday and Wednesday (27 and 7 pips respectively), before giving enough back in the last hour to leave me with -11 both times. Not too nice. Maybe I shouldn't trade after 16:45.

Ouch. I've lost 11 pips for the second day in a row now! Up around 80 on Monday, and 11 down each day since. Net ~60 on the week so far, with 2 days left. ~20 pips per day - not too impressive, but I've been trading a few hours a day only. Interestingly I was in profit before 7PM both Tuesday and Wednesday (27 and 7 pips respectively), before giving enough back in the last hour to leave me with -11 both times. Not too nice. Maybe I shouldn't trade after 16:45.

Hi guys,

FWIW I think we setup for a fall on my 4 hour charts.

The markets are testing the 13300-400 levels again. The trend is still very much down imo. MACD setup for falls coupled with extended stochastics.

Hence, still short bias. Will change perspective if 13450/500 is breached.

Good trading everyone...

Attachments

• US30 Cash070912.png
    US30 Cash070912.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 126
What if.....?

Conditions are dire but markets seem to be batting it off.... even $80 oil doesn't phase it.... I accept that things could change any day but..........

There seems to be growing calls for a bail out plan.... Bush hinted at it a couple of weeks ago and now Paulson today is weighing in....

The politically sensible thing to do is to save "the consumer" .... and that ignores the importance of "the consumer" to the US and therefore global economy.

Looks like we're headed to bail out city ....and maybe the market already knows this ?

Still a bit confused.... :rolleyes:

Conditions are dire but markets seem to be batting it off.... even $80 oil doesn't phase it.... I accept that things could change any day but..........

There seems to be growing calls for a bail out plan.... Bush hinted at it a couple of weeks ago and now Paulson today is weighing in....

The politically sensible thing to do is to save "the consumer" .... and that ignores the importance of "the consumer" to the US and therefore global economy.

Looks like we're headed to bail out city ....and maybe the market already knows this ?

Still a bit confused.... :rolleyes:

I agree HS, the problem is the bail out which can only come in the way of rate decrease or tax breaks are both part of the problem that led us here.

I can't see anyway out of it but some sort of long term painful reckoning. In the papers I'm already reading about job cuts and losses and pencilling in for couple of years dressing down for the markets.

Few days ago 13400 and 500 got rejected. I'm guessing hoping the same will play out again. :cheesy:

Little dissapointed mortgage lenders raising rates. Pile on the pressure on the consumer... :devilish:

Atilla

Nice to see your post, in principle I agree with your view on short bias, for me based on the 1 & 2 hours charts, 3 perhaps heading towards stoch extention, on my 4 hour chart, I'm mid range, with upside bias, perhaps surgessting a little higher before the fall. UNless I'm missing something, anychance you can post a 4 hr chart which show the macd and extended stoch.

cheers pal

Nothings changed...

Dax daily chart looks dreadful yet the dow is only off around 50 from Tues highs...

Is this a leading indicator ? Can it be trusted ?
This disparity is very interesting ..... :LOL: At least imo

Volatility seems to have gone on holiday as far as dax is concerned...
range for the week so far around 112pts ... and today is second insider which likely means Volatility will be back very soon .... with tales of beachside beauties no doubt :LOL:

Watch the break of yesterday's range 479/420 on cash.... high of week is 482

Atilla

Nice to see your post, in principle I agree with your view on short bias, for me based on the 1 & 2 hours charts, 3 perhaps heading towards stoch extention, on my 4 hour chart, I'm mid range, with upside bias, perhaps surgessting a little higher before the fall. UNless I'm missing something, anychance you can post a 4 hr chart which show the macd and extended stoch.

cheers pal

Hi Dinos,

I use CMC charts. I can paste another one up but it will have to wait until tonight now. I minimised them so the graph would look better. :( . Sorry.

Otherwise the drop from last night has not been as much as I was expecting from the Asian markets. Still down about 30 pips but I'm hoping will drop down to 13150 levels. My target is 13180 to sell half.

I think we are getting first signs that this slow down is likely to be a long term thing rather than a short hiccup. :rolleyes: Still biased to the short side.

Good trading y'all

My weekly charts shows this is moving normally between the 2 channels, I'm watching the 30, 15 & 10 Min timeframes, stochs extended looking towards some downward movement, so for now I'm flat, waiting for entry points to be met, will post if when & if I trade

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL (10 min) .png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL (10 min) .png
    13.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL (Weekly).png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL (Weekly).png
    14.5 KB · Views: 108
Do any of the DA lads here notice that the market spreads on YMU7 are much wider than usual today? Is this anything to do with rollovers into YMZ7 soon? I'm seeing a usual spread of 2-3, increasing to 4 and 5, as opposed to the normal 1-2, sometimes 3.

it's really annoying to watch this thing keep rising .. and I don't have a position .. also why is it so difficult to jump on a trend like this? .. maybe it's just me:rolleyes:

it's really annoying to watch this thing keep rising .. and I don't have a position .. also why is it so difficult to jump on a trend like this? .. maybe it's just me:rolleyes:

I agree S/L. My normal signals/strategy wouldn't have got me in on this long either. I've got no 'benchmark' to work to in this situation. (I must say though. I did get part of it earlier on)

I'd like to make plea to anyone who can help here - what signals/indicators can we use to help get in half way through ??