Dow 2006

god knows. would have expected him to hang around somewhere if he were still trading.

Pat494 said:
I am putting a trailing stop ( 2 S&P points ) on my shorts rather than taking a profit.

I know pat, we discussed the same subject not long ago, I will get there eventually

Morris said:
I remember Swager. Wonder what he's doing these days.

Some of his trades posted on TT looked like they would empty most traders accounts. I wonder what happened to his Quanta fund? Can't find anything about it with google. He seems to have vanished.

Support at 11000 on the Dow, 1670 on the NDX and 1280 on the SPX has now held for almost 3 hours. New money due into mutual funds tomorrow - recent pm declines could reverse into gains this afternoon or maybe they will be delayed until post market futures or tomorrows bell.
Anyone else, apart from dc2000, long at this time ?

still short. (carry trade). moving back into the black after a few weeks in the red.

Closed at 10,980.

Tomorrow is another day. Will still be looking for shorts. Won't be happy if this drops further by open tmrw.

Think it will though.

Built up a tidy little long positon (March Contract) this evening - she's faking it imho - either way strikes me as a good risk ratio trade from where I'm sat - stops at 50 pips downside looking for 400 pips gain

In a 45pt range, 10980 - 11025, for 4 1/2 hours now.
A real bear - bull tug of war going on here !
Looks like the Bulls might just be regaining the initiative now - will we get a break to the upside before the close ?

Failure to close above 11,000 is discouraging in my view...last hour action looks like consolidation...check the move up of CCI and RSI with sidewards price action.....perhaps re-test of breakout at 10,964....if that holds then back upto 11,000....... IMHO

Attachments

• US30.jpeg.png
    US30.jpeg.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 191
  • US30_10.jpeg.png
    US30_10.jpeg.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 176
Hi Candles missed your earlier post
Im long at 11060 positional looking to hold for a few days
Im also long from low 10980s short term looking for 11020s in the morning

Futures looking bright. See if it can penetrate above 11060 today. If it does, recovery to 11100/30 area should be swift.

Still, it looks fine for a few more days as long as 10990 is not violated again. I expect tomorrow and Friday are for the bulls. :cheesy: :cheesy:

You may well be right Leo but I rather fancy a bit of a down trend setting in.
:eek:

short term long now closed
still holding positional long a drop below 950 would see me cover the position this is because although I expect the market to rise into next week there is potential to take it lower for a better price 10900s later today

Inflation eats up most Jan income gains
(MarketWatch) -U.S. personal incomes rose 0.7% in January, but higher inflation eroded most of the gains, the Commerce Department reported Wednesday. Consumer inflation increased 0.5% in January on higher energy costs. Core inflation, which strips out food and energy costs to give a better view of underlying inflation pressures, increased 0.2%. Core inflation has risen 1.8% in the past 12 months, down from 1.9% in December and just below the 2% lid the Federal Reserve would like to keep on inflation. It's the lowest year-over-year core inflation since March 2004. Real disposable incomes - after inflation and after taxes - increased 0.1% in January, the weakest gain since August. Real disposable incomes are up 2.2% in the past 12 months. Real consumer spending - adjusted for inflation - increased 0.4% in January, the weakest since October

I have no idea what that means. I used to try and decipher all that, now I just try and follow the market - it knows best :)

Still looking for a short entry. tempted to go in now but might as well wait.