Dow 2006

you tell 'em DC.. im seasonally bullish until the end of this week... then weak into the end of jan..

does this fit in with the Jedi map?

Hi FC
Nice chats by the way, although I do use repeating pattern analysis and seasonals I dont use the if the year ends in a number 5,6, 7 etc I think Tom does though

For the Jedi Map bullish once we get a better price, another 100/150 points would be good, then holding for the folding until Feb

Where have I read that the second year of the US presidency is often a down year for the markets?
Please enlighten me.

Klunk Klick every trip

Bye Bye miss American pie
drove my chevvy

aspex said:
Where have I read that the second year of the US presidency is often a down year for the markets?
Please enlighten me.
Enter the bulls... where have you been this morning?

Or you've come back to pick your things and leaving soon???

Continuation of expanding wedge .....I hope so .....screw picking direction for a while ....this is tradable in it's own right ....

CV

FTSE100 has reached 5700, highest in more than four years..
DOW is still struggling to come back above 10800. Does it mean DOW will catch up or FTSE has just managed to catch up with DOW??

counter_violent said:
Continuation of expanding wedge .....I hope so .....screw picking direction for a while ....this is tradable in it's own right ....

CV
Absolutely.. just managed to catch a bit of up surge. But I was nervous and already out of the ride.

leovirgo said:
FTSE100 has reached 5700, highest in more than four years..
DOW is still struggling to come back above 10800. Does it mean DOW will catch up or FTSE has just managed to catch up with DOW??

Just the question I was pondering. I think the relationship between the Dow and FTSE has decoupled somewhat. The Dow ended the year down, whilst the FTSE closed up over 16%. The fact that the oil sector in the FTSE accounts for over 20% weighting and RTZ, AAL and BHP account for another 18% or so,may explain why we have the disparity. I suppose we can also throw in the M&A argument too.

I also think GM has adversely impacted on the Dow's performance, but certainly not by 16%.

My own feeling is that volatility is increasing, largely due to hedge funds, and with so few stocks, the Dow is much more vulnerable than the FTSE

If I was to stick my neck out, I would say that the FTSE looks a bit overcooked.

What a RISE !!!!
Maybe an overnight short from here ( the bounce off the ceiling ) ??????????????????????????

I wouldnt stand in front of a moving train, y'know....

not looking to short til monday's close....

Pat494 said:
What a RISE !!!!
Maybe an overnight short from here ( the bounce off the ceiling ) ??????????????????????????

A nice 30 point bounce off the ceiling if anyone was up early enough - now only 17 points.

I am in two minds, on one hand the sp chart screams sell (at least to me it does) on the other I agree with FC above, the rise yesterdays does look like John Voigt aboard the Runaway Train (1985 - good movie), so I am sitting on the fence for the time being

pat494,

one more thing, where did you get that gorgeous avatar? I cannot read your posts because of it :eek:

mark twain uk said:
pat494,

one more thing, where did you get that gorgeous avatar? I cannot read your posts because of it :eek:

Mark
Glad you like the pic. Wish I could say I'll introduce you, but I would be fibbing.
PS Man who sits on fence too long gets sore bum ( Old Oriental sage ) LOL

Dipped my toe with a little short on the sp, I don't want to have a sore bum, but even less a sore wallet, so cast iron stop loss in place

mark twain uk said:
Dipped my toe with a little short on the sp, I don't want to have a sore bum, but even less a sore wallet, so cast iron stop loss in place

braver man than i , gungha din, but i wish you well.

still long this week...

FC

mark twain uk said:

Where are you short from Mark? After yesterday, I think stops are rather important!

short from 1272, stop loss at 1282,, looking to lower it if the trade goes in my favour, target 1240-45 area