Dow 2006

PPT will now raid finance from the US war chest... funded by the hard working american tax payer..

PPT have a printing press so liquidity is probably unlimited.... Probably a matter of when they had enough !

It could easily rally strongly ...... punting risk is minor.... so far no real damage done .....and this is only third day down so trend is still intact. Bill McLaren wanted to see 1370 Spx taken out or pullback exceed 3d to consider end of blow-off.

karmit said:
PPT running out of funds??

PPT will now raid finance from the US war chest... funded by the hard working american tax payer..

Run our of funds??
:eek:

Never! They have super duper printing machine don't ya know! and in case they run out of ahem, paper, they can always sell even more IOUs

Racer said:
Run our of funds??
:eek:

Never! They have super duper printing machine don't ya know! and in case they run out of ahem, paper, they can always sell even more IOUs

Yes... thats true..... printing bl**dy green paper!!

Out of my shorts for now, I reckon there will be another push up, they have to at least finish the month, if there is a major fall it will have to start from next month, the PPT must have a target in mind and the day before the end of the month cannot be it

Hook Shot said:
PPT have a printing press so liquidity is probably unlimited.... Probably a matter of when they had enough !

It could easily rally strongly ...... punting risk is minor.... so far no real damage done .....and this is only third day down so trend is still intact. Bill McLaren wanted to see 1370 Spx taken out or pullback exceed 3d to consider end of blow-off.

Sorry.. Bill? who?

And where is he giving his prophecies?

the pull ups are more and more laborius, it used to be a simple matter of hitting a low and off they went, you could draw a straight line under every rally for the last three months, now it started to wobble, there seems to be more and more pressure on the selling side, could it be that smart money are getting out in an orderly manner?

Last edited:
Paulson will have the 6th of Nov marked clearly on the PPT calendar for action ;)

let's see how high they can go in the last half hour, I will sooooooooo sell it at the end if it goes ballistic

anybody else watching cable? I closed a long yesterday for a tidy profit (DOH!) and I am now tempted to go short, it looks like a pull back is in order

Last edited:
we sell it down they buy it up seems like a perfik market to me

if your looking for a rally take a week off
if your looking for a mega fall WHY???

anybody else watching cable? I closed a long yesterday for a tidy profit (DOH!) and I am now tempted to go short, it looks like a pull back is in order

always do but I would wait for the morning on that trade always play for a better price

dc2000 said:
always do but I would wait for the morning on that trade always play for a better price

You always do (play for a better price), it's amazing what few years of experience can teach you, I hope to be one day where you are now, the trouble is that by then you would have moved forward too, but that is OK, as long as I am on the same side of the trade as you

dc2000 said:
we sell it down they buy it up seems like a perfik market to me

if your looking for a rally take a week off
if your looking for a mega fall WHY???

Mega fall because...

--> Market went up too soon and way too much without 5-10% correction as in a "normal"
market.
--> US economy is not really in a "good" shape
--> US trade deficit is at all time high
--> US housing market has crashed pretty much
--> US inflationary pressures are still on the top of the critical watch list by Fed.
--> Institutions need to pull out money to make profit - no profit, no big fat Xmas bonus!!
--> Elections bring in uncertainty
--> Iran doesn't care about US - nor does N.Korea - but the oil cartel does.

Do you need more reasons?

On the other hand, I can't see any strong bull points in the short-mid term on the DOW.

Down down all the way to 11600 before any pullback....

Karmit - ok ...ok .ok ..... but WHEN ????
Mid term election timeline seems just too neat imho!
Time will tell

karmit said:
Mega fall because...

--> Market went up too soon and way too much without 5-10% correction as in a "normal"
market.
--> US economy is not really in a "good" shape
--> US trade deficit is at all time high
--> US housing market has crashed pretty much
--> US inflationary pressures are still on the top of the critical watch list by Fed.
--> Institutions need to pull out money to make profit - no profit, no big fat Xmas bonus!!
--> Elections bring in uncertainty
--> Iran doesn't care about US - nor does N.Korea - but the oil cartel does.

Do you need more reasons?

On the other hand, I can't see any strong bull points in the short-mid term on the DOW.

Down down all the way to 11600 before any pullback....
all these reasons were in place 6 months ago,the only reason to short here is dying momentum,and if it it resumes to the upside cover,isee congestion at 11900-950 and 1360 on spx

Every reason you have posted there Karmit is why it is rising you've got to give the masses a feel good factor otherwise they'd notice. For example check every announcement of a record US trade deficit every single time the Dow surges between 100 and 200 points, coincidence?

Read somewhere that we'll know when the market top is when the US GDP is 0% that is the point when no media spin however creative can hide the fact that the slow down is real. By that time all bears will be burnt out and bust.

Last edited: