Dow 2006

Guys

I've been using covered warrants to trade the DOW but they're just a complete rip-off in how they move when compared to the index.

What do you guy use? Can you recommend a broker?

Thanks

chimpmagnet said:
Guys

I've been using covered warrants to trade the DOW but they're just a complete rip-off in how they move when compared to the index.

What do you guy use? Can you recommend a broker?

Thanks

Currently I trade emini dow and S&P futures using GNI (part of Man plc) as the broker. I am very happy with them. That said, I am looking at a west coast US outfit called Global Futures who are offering an extremely good deal. You may want to have a look at them, but, remember low commissions are only one aspect of the brokerage service.

dc2000 said:
yes for Friday

My expectations for the near future have changed although the expected outcome is the same, massive move 2 days post in 2005
Are you long or short on the Dow from last Friday ?
My NDX long from last week at 1702 was stopped out earlier at 1747
Are you expecting a strong Dow rally this afternoon/tomorrow morning ?

solentsurfer said:
Has someone lit the touch paper at last?

Woof! That was pretty quick. The after lunch thing works so often. Even so that was quite fast. :p

solentsurfer said:
Hoping for a soft landing on 10960 before the close - fingers crossed!

You may get 10960 on the futures, but I think you will going some to get that on the actual index tonight.

Depends, obviously on your time frame. If you are holding for several days, I would agree with FC regarding the likely Dow path. IBM could certainly put 30 points on the futures overnight.

Kriesau
I am looking for a long to hold until Friday I was stopped out this morning, moved stop too close

target is around 860 for joining

Last edited:
CBOE is unavailable according to IB.... might be good for a squeeze from the 50%( shown on the Chart)

Back up no probs now :eek:

Attachments

• YM50.jpg
    YM50.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Oh yeh! Sorry guys and girls, i forgot it was Charles Bronson Day in the States yesterday.

Oooops!

Where do they all go on here? Do people start believing thier own script?

Why is there a turnover on T2W?

Posting trades?

Talking psychology?

Why do people stop?

Is it too much for the majority?

It is not T2W that puts people off this site,

It is the market!

People can't handle the markets........can they?

Racer said:
IBM, INTC and YHOO don't seem to have impressed after hours
Looks like US markets are headed south tomorrow with rising oil prices adding further impetus to disappointing earnings/forecasts.

YHOO and INTC have really taken a beating after hours. YHOO down 12% and INTC down 9%. In fact, we have a bit of a "perfect storm" for the bears this morning, with NYMEX $66.72 and NIKKEI down 2.9%.

Now before someone suggests I have had too much coffee, I do think the bulls have a problem. INTC is a Dow component and a bellweather stock. I am sure the chip sector (and more possibly the entire tech sector) will get rattled. Oil at 66.72 is another problem. I'm sure a great deal of it is down to short covering, but, I expected to see more profit taking yesterday at 65. Lastly, the suspension on the NIKKEI last night will not help. With the arb funds and hedge funds representing such a big part of the market we could see some pretty volatile conditions.

Clearly, during earnings season we do get quite a bit of volatility, that has to be expected. So far results have been poor. INTC's results and guidance were poor. We really need to see some pretty stellar results from the banks oils and retailers to compensate.

Things can change very rapidly. As someone who has an extremely short trading time frame, I am always reappraising my view on the market. I did that this morning. I am beginning to feel that the tide is turning. For the record, I am still looking to get long today but my expectations are much less ambitious than they were yesterday.