Do you make money 4 out of 5 days?

Do you make money 4 out of 5 days?

• Yes

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
Greetings,

Knowing your math expectancy,a string of losing trades is likely.Should they be in 1 day means nothing.The question should be framed ,"Does your math expectancy vary significantly over days ,weeks,months?"If you are consistently trading .4 math and for a 20 trade span it changes to -.4,its likely a signal that either you are very unlucky,your premise for trading needs a tweak,or a mental issue is altering your perception?

This question seems slightly irrelevant. Surely it depends on the time frame that you are trading ?? I am profitable on 4 days out of 5 days and often profitable on 5 days out of 5.

How can you compare the success of someone who takes one trade in a day with some who takes 15 in a day ??

If the 1 trade in the day doesn't work then thats a losing day. IF you trade 15 times and one doesn't work you got 14 other goes to get the cash back.

I'm not a daytrader though regularly run intra-day positions. By daytrader I mean the classic image of someone who trades anything open, intraday, with high number of trades per day and multiple trades open at any one time. I run only 1 or two positions at any one time so a more meaningful measure of ongoing success for me would be how many trades in the last 20 were winners? Its not essential and can be very mentally stressful, potentially leading to bad decisions, to try for a profit within a given day. Controlling losses is much more important, whether you're a newbie or a Jessie Livermore.