Decent CFD Brokers please!!...

so cmc's market maker is not better then IG's DMA platform?

Since I'm from singapore I'm looking at IG singapore...I thoughts CFD has micro account...I mean a 10cent per tick account...

anyone knows where can I trade the emini dow or dow jones for 10cents a tick

ABM amro's marketindex is unavailable to SG'ers

in my opinion IG's is better for DMA on equities . with regards to trading indices i use a spread bet platform so wouldn't be able to comment it it's better or not

so cmc's market maker is not better then IG's DMA platform?

Since I'm from singapore I'm looking at IG singapore...I thoughts CFD has micro account...I mean a 10cent per tick account...

anyone knows where can I trade the emini dow or dow jones for 10cents a tick

ABM amro's marketindex is unavailable to SG'ers

Odl securities MetaTrader 4 should do it

I recommend idealing, the only one broker in the UK who provide both equity trading on DMA CFD and cash account.But they do not accept retail investor.

Why dont you try calling! as well, you have nothing to lose, also try barclays, I am using BARX which is institutional client side of the Barclays.

That is why I am not really sure.

IG is probably better than CMC in execution of trades but their platform cannot be set up to monitor the market as well as CMC's. If CMC's platform were stabilised so it would not disconnect momentarily from time to time, I would call it a real pros trading platform. Also their requotes are very annoying and marks should be taken off them for this!

Having said that if you don't trade that many times a day then IGIndex would be the one for you.

Rod
The CFD Traders

I feel that IG is better overall then CMC. Although the CMC platform is good, you end up heavily losing out on profit due to the requoting which you make up for with IG.
However, I feel that GNI Touch beats both of them. They have the better trading platform, its direct market access, so no requotes, and the personal service I have been told is very good. Plus, their commission rates are as good as IG's as well.

In my opinion:

Ideal trading platform
1. Must be single click execution
2. Must have level 2 pricing
3. Must not disconnect
4. Must not provide delayed feeds over figure
5. Must have sound when an orders / trades are executed.
6. Must not be online since it will be slow (due to latency)
7. Must be user friendly (heuristics)

Ideal broker
1.Must be willing to level with the client (this is the most important thing)
2.The client is always right. Maybe his level of understanding is wrong.
3.In terms of retail brokers spreads (wide/narrow) vs. commissions(swaps/ haircuts) should be closely investigated.
4.Guarantee stops don’t exist. They only exist if you play more.

To conclude:
IG, CMC and GNI touch and all others, prioritize the above according to their own business model.
Therefore a client should take all the above in mind before opening an account

Thanks

D

everybody messes with prices and spreads, since cfds are essentially derivative positions on stocks (underlying asset).
for instance in emerging markets companies like IG, SAXO let you go only long :(

Go DMA - no messing with prices on stocks possible. Indices are a different matter.

Go DMA - no messing with prices on stocks possible. Indices are a different matter.

go DMA?

nice, they don’t mess with the prices?!

do the guarantee fixed spreads in stocks / indices?

And if yes what will they do when tier 1 bank’s widen or narrow the spreads?
The will shift the spread to the left / the right?

Hmmmm

go DMA?

nice, they don’t mess with the prices?!

do the guarantee fixed spreads in stocks / indices?

And if yes what will they do when tier 1 bank’s widen or narrow the spreads?
The will shift the spread to the left / the right?

Hmmmm

I think you're a bit confused. Tier 1 banks have nothing to do with DMA equities. You're talking about FX I think, but even so if it's DMA they can't shift the spread if your order is being routed into the market. If it's DMA FX and the bank spreads widen, you'll see the wider price.

DMA means you see -and trade on- identical prices to the market, hence you can't have DMA on indices as they're not tradeable products on any market.

I think you're a bit confused. Tier 1 banks have nothing to do with DMA equities. You're talking about FX I think, but even so if it's DMA they can't shift the spread if your order is being routed into the market.

While figures, they dont tend to accept ! they re-quote!

If it's DMA FX and the bank spreads widen, you'll see the wider price.

DMA means you see -and trade on- identical prices to the market, hence you can't have DMA on indices as they're not tradeable products on any market.

DMA is direct automated order routing to an execution venue. In simple terms, this means that when the investor keys-in an order via his broker there is no manual intervention – the system routes the order directly to the Exchange after a process of checks and validations. The investor thus has direct electronic access to our trading platform

ok until here i understand!

DMA may not provide 100% fills due to:

Factors affecting equity markets (figures)
1. Company-specific factors(key ratios,ratios relating to company earnings, profits, assets and working capital,future earnings and prospects)
2. Interest rates
3.Inflation
4 Market sentiment

DMA is direct automated order routing to an execution venue. In simple terms, this means that when the investor keys-in an order via his broker there is no manual intervention – the system routes the order directly to the Exchange after a process of checks and validations. The investor thus has direct electronic access to our trading platform

ok until here i understand!

DMA may not provide 100% fills due to:

Factors affecting equity markets (figures)
1. Company-specific factors(key ratios,ratios relating to company earnings, profits, assets and working capital,future earnings and prospects)
2. Interest rates
3.Inflation
4 Market sentiment

You've pretty much lost me here.

Firstly, where you're talking about FX, if it's DMA your broker can't requote. It's possible that whoever they're routing orders to is requoting, but this isn't your broker - it's a feature of the 'real' market. If your DMA provider is only linked in to one or two banks or FX houses, this is going to happen more often than if they're linked in to 5. However, over the last year or so, spreads are have got a touch wider in the wholesale market, so especially over figures, banks will widen their spreads fast, and this will be passed on to you.

The second part is a precise definition on DMA equities, but I'm not clear what your asking (if you're asking anything). Their is a list of why a price may move in a stock market, but this isn't unique to CFDs. Just explains why a price may have moved by the time your order hits the market.

You've pretty much lost me here.

Firstly, where you're talking about FX, if it's DMA your broker can't requote. It's possible that whoever they're routing orders to is requoting, but this isn't your broker - it's a feature of the 'real' market. If your DMA provider is only linked in to one or two banks or FX houses, this is going to happen more often than if they're linked in to 5. However, over the last year or so, spreads are have got a touch wider in the wholesale market, so especially over figures, banks will widen their spreads fast, and this will be passed on to you.

The second part is a precise definition on DMA equities, but I'm not clear what your asking (if you're asking anything). Their is a list of why a price may move in a stock market, but this isn't unique to CFDs. Just explains why a price may have moved by the time your order hits the market.

I am a complicated person I know. :eek:

I am also confused with fills regarding DMA's (FX or securities or CFD’s or whatever)

Have you used DMA in the past?!

This is what I understand DMA to be in reference to CFD trading:

Direct Market Access (DMA) CFD prices and liquidity are identical to the underlying equity markets. Investors enter into CFDs at the underlying market price.

The CFD market has developed various models. Many suppliers have market-makers who quote two-way prices to their clients. These prices are generally based around the underlying market price, but there is no obligation to match the exchange bid and offer. Obviously in this instance the CFD supplier controls the client's point of entry and exit from the market, and as the supplier's position is not automatically hedged, this results in a substantial and often expensive conflict of interest.
It is generally pretty easy to spot these as providers who re-quote and widen the spreads because they often offer clients zero commission, or some gimmick to atract them in. You will find that these companies not only earn their income through the huge spreads they have placed, but they will often run a book against you and delay your prices. So these are definitely not the people you want to go with.

I know for a fact that this does not happen at both GNI and IG. My cousin has had his account at GNI for the last couple of years and there has been complete transparency with them. Not only that but they provide you with a number of extra's that others do not such as your own personal account handler, interest not only on your free equity but your entire net equity.

So I would certainly recommend to go DMA with CFD trading.