Decent CFD Brokers please!!...

To get this out of the way.
Institutional platforms provide DMA's but again not bulletproof. (FX, CFDs, Equities, Indices, etc.)
I tried to trade lots of times, market was there, but trade not accepted. (Even Level 2, if you know what I mean).

But since you are retail and small (I guess) your price feed even DMA will not be as accurate as the institutional the price feed. (brokers will modify it to their needs)

So in my opinion, you cannot win as much as you thought with DMA's
Also DMA's for retail customers will cost you additional money.
I check the web, (Google it) a lot of companies say that they provide it even FX, but how accurate are they?!

Either go institutional or ..... ..

Franky, there's something wrong here. If you're genuinely trading DMA, then a trade can only not be accepted either if the market isn't there, or if you don't have the funds available. If your order isn't hitting a bid that's there, then you're not accessing the market directly.

If there can be any manipulation of prices it simply isn't DMA. The price should be identical whether retail or institutional. The only difference with FX is that there is no single market, so firms offering DMA will have various liquidity providers.

Which product were you trading, with who?

The price should be identical whether retail or institutional

believe me you got that wrong

I am trading with Tier 1 banks.....but you dont want to listen though.

I hope you find this DMA you are looking for (ideal trading quotes + platform)... sorry cant help more :(

If you are trading on a DMA (Direct Market Access) platform, it makes no difference whether you are institutional or retail, you will still get the same prices on your screen. Why...... because the prices are coming DIRECT from the market, they are LIVE, and therefore it is impossible for providers to manipulate the prices UNLESS you are not actually set up on DMA but rather a quote driven platform.

If you are trading on a DMA (Direct Market Access) platform, it makes no difference whether you are institutional or retail, you will still get the same prices on your screen. Why...... because the prices are coming DIRECT from the market, they are LIVE, and therefore it is impossible for providers to manipulate the prices UNLESS you are not actually set up on DMA but rather a quote driven platform.

Agree 100% for equities (which I thought was the point of this thread). No great expert on FX, but don't see why it should be different.

We should all go retail and cancel institutional subscription... (it will save me money)

You got that right!NOT

We should all go retail and cancel institutional subscription... (it will save me money)

You got that right!NOT

ok, so you're trading FX online. Do you trade equity CFDs as well or are you telling everyone they're wrong about DMA equities on the basis of your FX experience. Your first post in this forum was complaining that spreads get manipulated by IG and Saxo DMA, which is patent nonsense for equities. More to the point, Saxo don't even have a DMA platform for equities.

To the best of my knowledge, Saxo do not offer DMA FX either. They combine multiple price feeds, using the best bids and offers, but offer a 'fixed' (subhject to conditions) spread. I don't trade with them, so am happy to be corrected and be told that they operate like currenex.

Which platform do you use for your FX?

For what it's worth, neither GNI nor IG's DMA platforms have the facility to manipulate spreads on stocks. They take your order, credit check your account and route it through to the exchange. That's DMA.

ns1000
I like the recommendation post above.

I use a lot FX platforms company policy. (BARX,UBSFX,Morgan Direct,)

DMA in equities or CFD's... i believe you got it wrong.

tell me your DMA broker.

IG, GNI - believe me, I haven't got it wrong. I work in technical / ops side of the field.

Doesn't sound like you've actually traded equities.

What you're saying is that you deal on BARX, UBS platforms. Forgive me but aren't they market makers? Aren't you trading on their book rather than an aggregated price?

Hi

Can somebody tell em what adavantage CFD's have over spreadbet's?

I am struggling to see the advantage?

Cheers

T

if you're in the UK, it's basically i) ability to offset losses against CGT (the flip side of sb's tax free status is that you can't offset your losses) and ii) More transparent pricing (cash price of shares, DMA). Can't think of any others.

if you're in the UK, it's basically i) ability to offset losses against CGT (the flip side of sb's tax free status is that you can't offset your losses) and ii) More transparent pricing (cash price of shares, DMA). Can't think of any others.
Dividend, is one important advantage when it comes to shares.

Hi

Can somebody tell em what adavantage CFD's have over spreadbet's?

I am struggling to see the advantage?

Cheers

T

CFD'S

fit on rising or falling markets
Wide range of trading markets
Low capital requirements - leveraged trading
Competitive commission and financing rates
No stamp duty on UK shares
Trading flexibility
Absolutely free award-winning software
No delivery or trading expiration period for equity CFDs
Dividend adjustment credits on long positions

spreadbetting

The difference between financial spread betting and CFDs is that the buy/sell price for spread betting markets includes a Market Maker spread, rather than charging a commission; spread bets build any commission into the spread.

For U.K. residents, there are also tax advantages to spread betting instead of trading CFDs.

source(GFT)

everybody messes with prices and spreads, since cfds are essentially derivative positions on stocks (underlying asset).
for instance in emerging markets companies like IG, SAXO let you go only long :(

That might be because in other markets there are no shorting systems. This is the case in China.

Messing with prices is nothing to do with going short. In fact, someone who messes with the prices is less likely to hedge and so MORE likely to let you go short of any number of stocks, as they don't worry about hedging it.