Day trading the YM

stopped out -25, not a good start..price action is a bit **** today was even tempted to pass on that setup! moving on..

Last edited:
dont think today is going to present many opportunity's looks like there is institutional buying going on because of the consumer confidence

stopped out -25. tbh every loser so far has been a less than perfect setup, every winner has been picture perfect set up..need to clean it up a bit! anyway time for the football :D +5 for today woooooo lol

Very interested in this thread as I also daytrade the YM, but you seem to be much more experienced than me.
Many thanks for the effort.
A couple of questions:
- Is it possible to have some idea of your strategy? If for some reason it is a secret I understand.
- You were talking about a lot of institutional buying yesterday. How do you find that out?
- Do you use pivot points at all?
Thanks

sorry just got to my pc, probably wont be any calls today because of FOMC. i do expect the markets to rally after

Very interested in this thread as I also daytrade the YM, but you seem to be much more experienced than me.
Many thanks for the effort.
A couple of questions:
- Is it possible to have some idea of your strategy? If for some reason it is a secret I understand.
- You were talking about a lot of institutional buying yesterday. How do you find that out?
- Do you use pivot points at all?
Thanks

institutional buying is where large funds start buying shares up due to some good news etc (like yesterdays consumer confidence). when this happens the markets loose there ussual rhythm and just keep rallying despite being majorly oversold etc. To be fair yesterday did level off but the first hour or 2 it was looking this way

i will buy a significant break of 8140 on FOMC as a more swing trade not my ussual setup (watch me loose it all!)