Day Trade the FTSE

Never try to anticipate, we probably are all succeptable to it, guarantee to lose more than you win, try and wait for your indicators to confirm "the trains leaving the station and get on before its out of site", best way to avoid whipsaw action imho

Pinced from another site, excellent

Attachments

• 1396495721_20ffea9c04_o.jpg
    1396495721_20ffea9c04_o.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 139
Never try to anticipate, we probably are all succeptable to it, guarantee to lose more than you win, try and wait for your indicators to confirm "the trains leaving the station and get on before its out of site", best way to avoid whipsaw action imho

oh yeah .. I have been chopped up many times .. but I can lose money using either method:rolleyes:

:cool:

Excellent ! What strat you using ?

Have my stochastics set at 80 1 16 .. watching for crossovers on the minute chart like to see crossover below 25 or above 75 which then cross those lines. It's a bit hit or miss, seems more reliable in the morning .. but not always
edit in bold

Last edited:
why is the FTSE spike up without me right now? .. actually I was on that trend but cut my long at breakeven when it pulled back a bit .. should of had the guts to stick with it .. would be 15 points up now ..

edit: 30 odd points .. oh well .. the one that got away

Last edited:
i am monitoring the market meself from work :( !

Market is still being volatile!

I logged onto ig index this morning, seeing index droped 20points to 6158 just before 8.00am! in most case, i would have gone for 'long', now, its at 6260+!

yep it's a torment

Watch how they will all be saying that the governments "guarantee" to savers has restored confidence in the bankingf sector....and look! the ftse is up almost 100 points. No-one will mention that every other equity market is also up,
All smoke and mirrors if you ask me. Just trade my plan with fingers firmly stuck in my ears

Attachments

• FTSE 10 min.png
    FTSE 10 min.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 183
you guys try out your no brainer trading this morning?
I thought I did .. wanted to get long ASAP .. but I now see my indicator was good this morning.

Hi mate ,
No had to go and do some real work, Boss pays well so it was in a way a No Brainer

:LOL: :LOL:

Watch how they will all be saying that the governments "guarantee" to savers has restored confidence in the bankingf sector....and look! the ftse is up almost 100 points. No-one will mention that every other equity market is also up,
All smoke and mirrors if you ask me. Just trade my plan with fingers firmly stuck in my ears

Fingers stuck in ears....there's a thought....good idea though....I also like to close my eyes to all the "experts" running their own websites that try to call market direction ! If you call a market short everyday....you have to get it right at least once !

Dow jumped 200 points in 2minutes from 13450 to 13650 at 7.15pm yesterday and finished at 13720+.

This helped Footsie gain 90+ points. I dont think you guys should expect any major fall backs like we had in previous months, because we are coming nearer to end of year now.

But day traders, dont forget, market falls quicker than it rises. Am sure most of you know that anyway.

Ye I think your right, will be back to our usual ranges before long and I for one will take all profits at S&R areas. Will be interesting to see how the Dow trades today :eek: :?:

That was close I was going to use the NO BRAINER SETUP this morning, :eek: and ditch the plan :!:

Lucky for me me lad required a lift / lost me bottle so didnt. :cry:

So spent the morning dancing of the tops instead :rolleyes:

But ok the plan worked :LOL:

That was close I was going to use the NO BRAINER SETUP this morning, :eek: and ditch the plan :!:

Lucky for me me lad required a lift / lost me bottle so didnt. :cry:

So spent the morning dancing of the tops instead :rolleyes:

But ok the plan worked :LOL:

NO BRAINER is not something that you have to search for, it will hit you in the eye when it comes. which won't be often. Mine came last Friday and has not returned since. Far better to stick to your tried and trusted rulebook, otherwise you may be tempted by others' success to jump in yourself.

I still wish I hadn't mentioned the damned thing!

Split

NO BRAINER is not something that you have to search for, it will hit you in the eye when it comes. which won't be often. Mine came last Friday and has not returned since. Far better to stick to your tried and trusted rulebook, otherwise you may be tempted by others' success to jump in yourself.

I still wish I hadn't mentioned the damned thing!

Split

Sorry mate, Will never mention it again promise :| but I thought you were on to something :idea:

Did fancy a bit of a sell off and a look at last weeks high perhaps ?

I am just a stick in mud for rules and often get left out of good moves because of them, just have to give em a bit more room I guess.

Anyway we cant get through them hour lows, Im on me 12 cup of tea and frightened if I go to bog Ill miss the break, going to get a bottle, that"l sort it

Last edited:
:-0
Devilbis

What set up are you using to identify an entry?

A Simple One :LOL:

I just have 3 timeframes stuck in me head 4 hr/ 1hr/ 15 min

Big picture month (12 sma) week (52 sma, rsi on 5) Day 52 sma.

S & R / opening hour range / I no where pivot points are DOW & FTSE end of day prices used.

Week High & Lows, Day High and Lows, looking for price accepance and rejection at these levels. standard Pivot points R2 & S2 levels. (faster the price action the better) never get best Fill if Im right)

Intra day, old habbits die hard I have 100 ema and sma 20, still have rsi on there set 14
(1 hr 15 min & 3 min) on desktop, use 3 min to judge cycle phase/condition.
but cant think for the life of me why. just comforts me I guess if they are all agreeing with me :cheesy:

Entry 15 min high or low breach at key level, (NOT IN CONGESTED AREA) fast price action, Should be in line with my idea of the long term trend (4hrs) but aware of the above thats it. you gotta use something to get you in. won"t enter around news announcements, if I am in reduce position always.

Today I am biased to short, we are under range, hr lows wont give so will wait for breach if it comes and target last weeks high, exited earlier at 6400 ish.

ahhh just whipped at 12 hour bar, entered full position, exited 2/3 for scratch, looking at 3 mins chart, exited all for 1 point full position loss (descretion exit) in 3 min timeframe. I like position to move in my favour pretty quick or I prefer to pass.

Exits at 1st target 2/3 position let the last 1/3 run, still learning about that bit, Id see splitlink for advice but Iv upset him. :)

Time I dont like to sit wrong long, I have hard stop (usual 25 points Ftse) soft stop trailing.

Todays lookin a pain so I think Ill walk dogs and bank me 13 points (full position) before I give any more back (it was 18 points earlier)

Just learning to run my profits any advice :?: please anybody :?:

I like the price action to be clean, won"t play and take me bat home if its messy, looks like we are in a holding pattern, will wait for 1st reaction to enter after 13:30 news, if I dont see any value Im gone, it looks like they want to go up to me but cant find a reason. :-0

Last edited: