Day Trade the FTSE

rav700 said:
I have moved my stop to break\even +1..No loss for me today ..... :cheesy:
I am out @+ 5 the market is too slow for me...of for a break now.

Will be back after lunch

rav700 said:
Good Morning All
Today I will be trading my 3 point system on the ftse because I too do not see anything but consolidation..The max range for the ftse today 50 points...

1. Trade I have place a binary trade for ftse to finish<50 points today
2. Am waiting for a shorting point and am planning to get at least 10 points from the ftse on SB
3. If it does go high enough then might consider the october contract for shorting...

Let the trades begin

Happy Trading
RAv

Well a quick update on today ftse trades
1. My binary trade bought this morning for ftse to finsih < 50 points has nearly come thru-100%
2.I gained a total of 13 point on the ftse +6 for a double up
3. Not applicable as there has been no major upside for me to short
4. traded cable and came out for +5

All in all it was a grade B day for me....
But I am very happy
I hope all of you had made a profit to

Happy Trading
Rav

Well done RAV I picked a very tenuous looking short at 15:20 this afternoon at 5878,stopped at 5880.5! Sod's law that I missed the long this morning at 08:50 ish( had to replace car door handle) Watch this space for lame excuses as to why I miss trades!

Windlesham1 said:
Well done RAV I picked a very tenuous looking short at 15:20 this afternoon at 5878,stopped at 5880.5! Sod's law that I missed the long this morning at 08:50 ish( had to replace car door handle) Watch this space for lame excuses as to why I miss trades!

Thanks mate,,,,
As far as missing trades goes dont worry mate there are plenty of points to be made...
It is better to sit on the side of a river and wait for the fish to come and take the bait.....rather than jump in the river and try and chase the fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Best of luck ,

I will be posting my comments on this board regarding the week coming up tommorow

I hope that you all have have a wonderful weekend......

Get ready for the big fall......

I am expecting monday a lift in in the ftse 100 and Tuesday to be consolidation and wednesday to Friday the start of the september-october fall...................

What am I looking for:

I am looking for 11500 and above to short on the dow.-October Contract
I am looking for 6000 and above to short on the Ftse.-October Contract
I am lokking for 1.8800 again for cable to short ????????

Okay Will be out with the point sheet for the ftse on monday,,,
Happy Trading Rav

Prior to a few months ago I never touched indices. Now I spreadbet the FTSE and Dow intraday almost every day. I take no interest in predicting where the indices will go next day or beyond. I merely trade moving average crossovers when they happen. Using 7ema/20ema on a five-minute chart, with 14rsi taken into account, along with glances at a one-minute chart. No other indicators, no fancy patterns.

I don't mind whether the market each new day goes up or down or both - though if it's both I naturally prefer a few good moves rather than lots of titchy ones.

Will post a few live examples when I get time. :)

Last edited:
I've got a bit fed up with trading FTSE shares and yesterday put a toe into the index. I don't say that I'm going to like it-depends on whether I make money or not. :)

It means using the mornings for trading as I am working after 1330, although Monday I have a day off, Stocks I trade overnight but I don't intend to try that with the index.

I made 6 points on a long trade on Friday 5882.3 to 5888.5. It went higher but I tried for a breakout that didn't happen.

Split

HArd to say what today will bring. Early yesterday we touched the 200 day MA then pulled back to 5840-50 which contained the market for most of the day. Charts indicate some rally today so buying the pull back. US futures and Dax level right now, so not jumping in.

datav said:
HArd to say what today will bring. Early yesterday we touched the 200 day MA then pulled back to 5840-50 which contained the market for most of the day. Charts indicate some rally today so buying the pull back. US futures and Dax level right now, so not jumping in.

Excuse me? 200 ma?

200 daymoving average. Very supportive. All markets showing some reversal here so
going long 5842. Still september contract as there's no volume yet on the Dec. Risk is low as we have 5840 from the low of 28/8 which has been very supportive and just under that the daily S1 at 5838.

Safe trading

thanks, you are right there as I learned very painfully! Now that the rent is paid, lets see if we get some spending money from the remainder!

Today looks mixed. FTSE does not look as if its going to get back to the 6000 highs of last week like the S&P has, even though daily indicators have turned up. If the US futures start retracing which seems likely, could see a drop back to 5875 this morning. finger on the button to go short if we dip below yesterdays close 5896

on th other hand, if we break this 914 resistance ( last Thursdays open) then a long opportunity appears at least to the R1 5927.5

Trend is definitely up, with US markets defying expectations yesterday and making new highs while the FTSE languishes 2 days behind. Should be time for catch up, so looking for long opportunity above 5912. Asafer bet would be to wait for 5920 as there is stiff resistance at several points up to there, so I'll maybe add on if we clear it with some momentum.

Entry 912 on the pullback. possible exit points: 922-924, 930-932 937.5 (R2) 953-955. Just have to watch the price action and decide.

note of caution, the DTB has been closed due to technical problems. opens in 10 minutes. The FTSE will wait to see what it does

datav said:
Entry 912 on the pullback. possible exit points: 922-924, 930-932 937.5 (R2) 953-955. Just have to watch the price action and decide.

Good call datav ! :LOL:

so where's it going to stop...
from a chart standpoint, the heavy duty resistance is at 6000, but that would be over 100 point gain. Have to watch the S&P and Nazdaq futures for resistance levels that might stop us-- DTB still closed, expected open 10:40

looks like the party¡s over. sold half, and put a stop at 926 on the other half.