dax systems

jimmy1

Hi
Does anyone trade the dax on an automated system ?
Ive been running a cci system which fairs well but has big draw downs thus i do not find it stable for small accounts... do any of you have ideas that take small pieces out the dax with smaller draw downs?
cheers
jimmy1 :idea:

Dax system

Hi jimmy1,
I dont know of an auto system for the Dax but I can tell you that last week after Thursdays close 24th March,
the Indicator I use for trading the Dow gave a Bullish signal for the Dax I do not trade the Dax so the best of luck with it , :rolleyes:
this is not trading advice to anyone
regards

Jimmy,

I tried to create an automated breakout system for the eurostoxx 50 but found that the daily range was just too tight to make it worthwhile. However, the issue i have with the european the indices and an automated breakout strategy is that in a large number of days, the european day often breaks into 2 - the morning (acts independant) and the afternoon (follows the US). I am currently working on a breakout for the dax from 08.00 to 13.00 (GMT). This negates all major US economic data releases which often happen at 13.30 and any turnound from across the pond.

I am only working with statistics and dont have the programming know how on how to test it so once i have completed the stats part of the research, i'll post it and let you programming whizz kids free and see if i'm onto anything.

By the way, i am testing the dax futures front month - not cash.

David

im working on a model on the dax but it uses the whole trading day i have not realy broken it down into 2 parts, do you use tradestation? or are your stochs all manual?

Hi David

I got a similar system set up for backtesting on IRT. I've got data from about mid Sept 04 onwards for the stoxx.

Drop me a pm if you'd like me to test it for you.

Cheers
Chris

Jimmy,

I do it all manually as i have absolutely zero idea with programming! Just use basic excel and access and that gives me a heads up as to whether what i am testing has any statistical significance. If it doesnt, then say hello to mr bin!

David

Jimmy,

Just finished the basics for the dax and the data (jan 04 to jun 04) indicates that the breakout range with the most potential is the 80 min range (8.00 - 9.20) with a close on 13.00. If you could test this and then we can discuss other improvements such as stops/trend direction definition if the initial results prove positive. There is a natural stop already created at the opposite end of the range but perhaps some kind of trailing stop might be an idea.

Let us know how you get on.

David