Darren Winters on bbc.com

"At one stage, he says he lost £40,000 on the stock market in eight weeks through his ignorance"

smart cookie that chap.

at what point did he realise trading wasnt for him??

another cracking quote...

"More than 40,000 people have attended his courses over the last four years and he has 700 testimonials and success stories."

even going by the general apathy of the general public, thats a p*ss poor hit rate....

10,000 people a year attend a 2 day course ???

say there are 200 working days a year and the course takes 2 day thats 100 course of 100 people.

Not to mention the time he takes out selling teh course ?

so you go on this course with over 100 others and come out an ace trader?

so each week 250 highly trained traders are born

I should open a spread bet company

40,000 people in 4 years.
even using the reduced fees of around £1,500 thats 1,500 times 40,000 = £60 million.

not bad.

Looking ast this whole business askance.....

I have always wondered how long DWs "employees" stay with him !!!

IF his courses are so good, and you get to be paid to help him and his attendees, you would effectively attend his courses several times a year.

IF he has to constantly employee new people because his employees use his methods and bog off, then maybe he is a good trader.

IF he has the SAME employees for a number of years, then ask WHY.

Does that make sense ?

I think it might be 40,000 to his free seminar. If his conversion rate is 10% then thats 4,000 people
or £6 million over four years.

Still not bad.

Been to Darren 2 day seminar.... Very good
Going to Gregs 2 day seminar in 2 weeks..

I have Darren Winters' 2 day seminar on video. I gonna convert the tapes to DVD soon.

Personaly, I regard DW's course as "infotainment" i.e. you get lots of information, it's delivered in an entertaining way but you are unlikely to be any good as a trader as result of it.

The analogy I like to use is of when I and many others were young; we all "knew" how to drive a car. Heck, we had seen our dads do it, we watched car programmes on TV, and we knew what the pedals were for. However, on our 17th birthday when we go for our first driving lesson we discover to our horror that we can't drive for real!!

As for Greg Secker, he his very good indeed. And as far as fundamental analysis is concerned he is hot.

I have also been lucky enough to watch him twice, giving follow up support tuition to his graduates.

I been going to all the free seminars of the various tutors and keeping a note of what I thought of them as well as researching their backgrounds. I have to say that Greg Secker's course is probably one of the best three in the country for the absolute beginner.

Learning to trade

I wish Darren Winters/"Win Investments" or whatever would stop sending me emails inviting me to his latest seminars..........

Important lessons that I have took on board since day one is that when it comes to trading - "there is no holy grail." as there are many ways and combinations of ways to profit from trading - not one magic formula.

Also, trading is not rocket science afterall. However, there is a lot to learn and a lot of information, ideas and concepts to digest. This is where I think the guru's try to prey on the newcomers to trading. They try and fool them into belieiving that they can offer them a short cut to where they want to be - the position of a successful trader............
This is all very well - I could show my mum a chart and explain to her what she needs to do to be a successful trader - within one day - "When the price crosses above the blue line then buy" etc. etc. and she may be able to make money by strictly following these very simple rules. But it wouldn't mean the first thing to her and she would not know why she was making money and thus probably would have very little feeling of security or control in what she was doing....................Or like my driving instructor claimed to me.....he could take somebody who had not driven before - and give them all that they need to pass the driving test - within a week on a one week course. However, they would have taken a big short-cut and would probably not be as competent as the driver who had been having lessons over a longer period of time, learning the finer details of driving - with time inbetween lessons that enabled them to reflect over and internalise what they had learnt............

For me, this is why I believe it is important to spend time to follow the learning curve in your own time and at your own pace - letting it take you down all the paths and avenues along the way - that further your knowledge and understanding..................For me it is better to reach a destination and know how I got there - and be able to trace my way back - than to arrive at a destination and not really understand how I reached it - as I will feel more prepared................

If you look at any chart on any timeframe with a selection of indicators - it is clear that any given technical analysis setting will work some of the time - but not all of the time. Furthermore, any given technical analysis setting does need need to work all of the time because losing trades are a big part of being a winning trader.

I have not been to such a seminar, For such "guru's" to suggest that they are able to teach you superior ways of profiting from financial markets, or some strategy or combination of indicators that nobody else has thought of - or used together - is a complete con in my opinion.

As others have stated on various threads - the types of information that such gurus tend to give out is often very basic in nature and freely available elsewhere - and not cutting edge in any sense.

If such gurus are so good at trading then why are they not trading full-time? Or perhaps they have made their fortune from trading full-time and feel that they have a duty to pass on this knowledge to others out of the goodness of their own hearts? - if this is the case - then why don't they do it for a fraction of the price?

Cheers

jtrader.

Last edited:
Geez Elliot........ :rolleyes:

This is not quite as blatant as your previous attempts to promote your own site, but still.......
Reymount IS NOT regulated or authorised by SEC or FSA or anybody.
It is NOT open to people in the UK or USA. (wonder why not?)

Now you seem to have got rid of your telephone/address contact details ...... it would have been a pain to call you in India but better than nothing.

Last edited:
Both of those posts have been deleted, and the user banned.

If anyone suspects a post of being even remotely "dodgy", please use the "report bad post" button to let the moderators and administrators know. We may not actually acknowledge your reporting, but it is most welcome.

Elliot was the one I think who's brokerage offered the fantastic deal of.........

FREE news updates!!!!!!!!

He's a marketing genius.

No worries.

I had written to him/them about two weeks ago after deleting a similar post, and warned that further posts along that line would result in a ban.

Needless to say, he's now been banned.

I went to one of Darren winters free seminar three years ago. He claimed one of his ex student is making £50,000 a day, yes £50,000.00, I also attended one of his free seminar last month, and guess what he is still claiming one of his ex student is making £50,000.00 per day. You do the math and decide if this is not utter rubbish.

Do your research before you pay any money on trading seminars. They are some good ones out there, and there are lots that are not worth the bus fares to attend.

Last edited: