Daily FTSE targets

Taz

What points targets do people have for each day - at what point do you shut up shop for the day ?

And if you do hit your target early in the day - do you always close the platform and walk away or sit around for just a few more points ? :cheesy:

What points targets do people have for each day - at what point do you shut up shop for the day ?

And if you do hit your target early in the day - do you always close the platform and walk away or sit around for just a few more points ? :cheesy:

I have just started Spread Betting and spend the whole day monitoring the market with a target >40. Although I might have to reevaluate that target if my recent trading performance is an indication of anything, maybe >0 is more realistic :LOL:

I've just started - looking at 15-20 pts a day to begin with. If I make them in a day I'd keep watching looking for opportunities but with a cautious outlook. Got to make sure opportunities aren't missed ;-)

I take the market as it comes, one day nothing another 100 points. I can't see how a target can be hit day in day out. See what you make after a month and average it over a month, and do that each month for 6 months and then you will see what your are really averaging.

I find it best not to have a target because if you miss it day after day it might knock your confidence and affect your trading. Just keep it simple and accept some days you will make and some days you will lose.

Use stops for a good money management. Its no good looking for 15 points a day but don't use a stop and lose 30 point. That means 1 days loss will mean 2 days of winning to break even, or what I often read I have just lost 5 weeks profits.

Good money management is the key and targets mean nothing. Risk only 2% of your pot on any 1 bet and use a stop. I use spread +9 for my trades, others use spread +6 points.

I'm in agreement with Potshot.

If you're daytrading all day then a few good set-ups may show up one day and none at all other days.

So the way that this game should be played is take advantage of all HPT's and leave the chancy trades alone.

Rod

The CFD Traders

Last edited:
surely targets will reduce your profit?

On an excellent day you will stop early and miss out on profits whilst on a bad day you will keep trying to chase what is not available and probably end up losing more..