Daily Dax

Morning...no one trading the Dax lately...or so busy trading that
they have no time to post?

foale said:
Morning...no one trading the Dax lately...or so busy trading that
they have no time to post?

Morning,

I trade the Dax - join us in the T2W chatroom; we are there most of the day.

This setup for the afternoon rally has appeared a number of times recently, I think I've posted it twice already. Note that the dip beneath the trend is getting deeper each time, and the afternoon rally is weakening. Although there is nothing to suggest a break in the bullishness, it is certainly weakening. We need to start looking for lower highs and lower lows to trade off.

Attachments

• dax5min.jpg
    dax5min.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 194
Joey said:
Do you micromanage your trades using 2min or 1min after entry. Wondering if your entry was around the circle marked, there was then a 20pt move, did you have your stops too close.
Which trading platform do yu employ .

Hi Joey, I work off a daily, 1 hour and 15 minute chart marked up with the fibs. I then look for precise entries on a 5 or 2 minute chart. I use TWS platform. My 2 minute chart was built by myself for microtrading, and can be used for very precise entry (when I get the time and no distractions!).

In this case I had 3 goes to enter the move off a 5 minute chart. I got in last at 32, but sadly had to leave to get ready for work, so came out break evens. If I had hung on a couple more minutes I would of seen the final dragonfly like setup, and probably of put on a final buy. The failing was coming to the market too early, and then not being very persistent. Of course, a larger stop would also of carried me through, but I am fairly reluctant to use them.

Descending Triangle

Looks like distribution imo, awaiting the news release (US Trade Balance at 1430pm local time)...

Attachments

• quiet.jpg
    quiet.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 200
Hmm... guess again

news spike, followed by outbreak upwards

Attachments

• wrong.jpg
    wrong.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 206
The ZEW research institute said its economic expectations index for Germany slipped 5.2 points to minus 27.4 points in October, the lowest level in more than 13 years, on worries about next year's VAT hike and a potential economic downturn in the US.

The October index -- the lowest since March 1993 -- was also worse than anticipated by experts. Economists polled by AFX News had forecast an improvement to minus 20.0 points.

firewalker99 said:
I've noticed several times that the DAX reacts to news minutes before the actual release... does anybody have an explanation for this?

Another question: I look at forexfactory and marketwatch to avoid news releases... but specific German related news isn't always indicated, does anybody have a better suggestion?

Open a demo account at oanda. They have great world wide real time news ticker.

I do not know what happens but this is the second time when I got no notifications about this thread. I decided to check it out after 1 month, and see all these news posts. Any one else experience this issue?

RedDuke said:
Open a demo account at oanda. They have great world wide real time news ticker.

I do not know what happens but this is the second time when I got no notifications about this thread. I decided to check it out after 1 month, and see all these news posts. Any one else experience this issue?

I believe you only get notifications of new posts in a certain thread after you've posted in it yourself... so you should be getting a message in your mailbox now :)

Looks like last Friday, Monday and Yestarday were gifts sent to us who trade DAX. I had tiny trades today comparing to the other 3 days.

Hi I am back ..I see their are a few other Dax threads now..
Good that others are trading this great index too.

I dont just trade the dax alone.
I trade the Dax the Dow and the Ftse

The Dax between 7am and 9pm..(with emphasis on the first 2 hours, which offer great opportunities imo and then mainly 4-9 intermittently..) The 3pm-4pm period probably offers the biggest price movement but its not that convenient for me...and if you get it wrong then it can really get away from you.

I look for 20-40 points per day from the Dax, and find that quite achievable on most days.

Anyone else care to let me know their experiences?

Red Duke yes thats my feeling cant get 40 every day....but 20 points entirely reasonable

I also trade the Ftse and Dow and look to make 50+ overal there daily.

Given the Dow moves so much that is not too onerous, and I tend to try and
see which of the Ftse and Dax is more frisky each day.
sometimes although I prefer the Dax its more rangebound than the Ftse.

This am we have a gap up that will need to be filled
My eyes are focusing on the S&P which remains oxtremely bid.
My quess new highs this am.although still shy of 6600 then a possible retrace later in the day..
and of course Dax figures this am at 10..

RedDuke said:
40 points is excellent day. 20 points a day is achievable on average.

40 points could be excellent when the daily range is only 20. But 40 points could be average when the daily range is 100 points... But in any case, I would be more than happy to get those results each day :)

Last edited:
foale said:
Red Duke yes thats my feeling cant get 40 every day....but 20 points entirely reasonable

I also trade the Ftse and Dow and look to make 50+ overal there daily.

Given the Dow moves so much that is not too onerous, and I tend to try and
see which of the Ftse and Dax is more frisky each day.
sometimes although I prefer the Dax its more rangebound than the Ftse.

50 points trading one lot looks superb to me. Lately it seems there's one big move (from the start) and the rest of the day is sideways...

Well 50 points usually a combination of a couple of good moves and a few " grab a few points off the table" lol

FW...the problem with me is that I dont tend to capitalise on those 80+ point days..and on those days only take out a small portion of the move. Perhaps I cant adjust quick enough.. Still they dont happen all that often. This ams range style has become more of a feature recently.

Bought at 6648 this am. Looking to test 65. Reaction to that potential resistance level should indicate how buyers/sellers are distributed.