Daily Dax

Hi FW...good assessment

I bought the rally back to the highs...but not so sure how things going to play out fro here

Ftse not so strong...Dax 6600-6605 key trading area...with time running out for a break

Hope you trading is going well...Please keep in touch...

foale said:
Hi FW...good assessment

I bought the rally back to the highs...but not so sure how things going to play out fro here

Ftse not so strong...Dax 6600-6605 key trading area...with time running out for a break

Hope you trading is going well...Please keep in touch...

We touched 65 after all, but I got out early in the congestion area between 6660-6662.50 (mar07 futures price). I'm now short from about the same price, although have to admit not quite clear myself now.

I am trying to limit the number of trades each day, as overtrading has been my problem.
I suffer a bit from a dilemma to be honest:

1) take only the high probability trades: should give me about 70% wins, as opposed to 50%, but less frequent... occurs once a day on average...
2) take every setup... 50% win rate... but more setups so if my targets are hit consecutively... the net profit is higher...

Attachments

• dax20061218.jpg
    dax20061218.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 162
Hi Guys i have been posting to other forums and thought this might also be a good place to share ideas. However this are my analysis for the weekahead and today.

Insightm

DAX outline for the Week ahead
The harmonic target for this week 18/12/06 to 22/12/06 had been reached last week which is the 6552-4 area and this may result in a sideways consolidation movement swinging back and forth between support, resistance and harmonic target. However it may attempt the 6620-4 or 6632-5 Resistance area this week which will probably cause a very strong reject and back towards the harmonic target 6552-3 and further down.

Short Term
The index for today 18/12/06 has a harmonic target at 6552-4 with a resistance at 6611 and 6620-4 respectively, an attempt to the second resistance will probably cause strong reaction down to return to harmony and support areas for today are 6540 and further down is 6515.

As explained in my earlier posts, these are based on cycle theory and additional confirmation should be employ
All comments and views are welcome.

Insightm said:
Hi Guys i have been posting to other forums and thought this might also be a good place to share ideas. However this are my analysis for the weekahead and today.

Insightm

DAX outline for the Week ahead
The harmonic target for this week 18/12/06 to 22/12/06 had been reached last week which is the 6552-4 area and this may result in a sideways consolidation movement swinging back and forth between support, resistance and harmonic target. However it may attempt the 6620-4 or 6632-5 Resistance area this week which will probably cause a very strong reject and back towards the harmonic target 6552-3 and further down.

Short Term
The index for today 18/12/06 has a harmonic target at 6552-4 with a resistance at 6611 and 6620-4 respectively, an attempt to the second resistance will probably cause strong reaction down to return to harmony and support areas for today are 6540 and further down is 6515.

As explained in my earlier posts, these are based on cycle theory and additional confirmation should be employ
All comments and views are welcome.

I haven't studied the theory in depth, but perhaps you could add some charts to your outline for the near future? Any insight to help us understand what the market is trying to tell us, is helpful :)

firewalker99 said:
I haven't studied the theory in depth, but perhaps you could add some charts to your outline for the near future? Any insight to help us understand what the market is trying to tell us, is helpful :)

These are based on mathematical calculations of natural law of space and time and this helps determine the trend.

Harmonic targets are natural places with the highest probabilities a Stock or Index will be in space and time on any given day, week and month. Our emotions and thoughts are represented in numbers and swings from one end of the polar to the other just like a pendulum. And through the application of projective geometry, the direction of the collective mind and emotions can be determined.

W D Gann's quote
The law which I have applied will not only give these long cycles or swings, but the daily and even hourly movements of stocks.

FW...I have still stayed flat...
there have been a few scalping positions but I am trying not to get sucked into that.

we generally seem to be finding it tough to make any headway today.
Going to take it easy for a while and see what happens.

basically will look to trade the break..and will watch the Ftse for clues also..
and see how the US kicks off..

foale said:
FW...I have still stayed flat...
there have been a few scalping positions but I am trying not to get sucked into that.

we generally seem to be finding it tough to make any headway today.
Going to take it easy for a while and see what happens.

basically will look to trade the break..and will watch the Ftse for clues also..
and see how the US kicks off..

So far one nice long from the open and that short from 6662 got stopped out ...
Overall feeling like there's some buying strength left, but the tide is turning.

Those exits...

Sold at 70... what I would call a very good entry,
closed at 50.... and I thought I was holding it for already quite a long time... look where it's headed now!

Attachments

• dax20061218.jpg
    dax20061218.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
This week DAX has been rather quiet. Is it usually like this during last 2 weeks of the year on Eurex? I thought it would be quiet next week, and this would be the last active one for the year.

RedDuke said:
This week DAX has been rather quiet. Is it usually like this during last 2 weeks of the year on Eurex? I thought it would be quiet next week, and this would be the last active one for the year.

Yes I understand your feeling. Volume is quite low, I don't know but it looks like everybody's gone Xmas shopping :)

DAX end of the year

Considering what DOW did yesterday, it isn't a surprise that DAX opened higher today.
What is a surprise, is the rally it mounted that brought us back to 6650.
For the moment we are drifting as volume is low... we'll probably have to wait for US for more reaction.

Attachments

• dax20061227.jpg
    dax20061227.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 179
DAX 2 January 2007

We started 2007 strongly with DAX breaking out of the range of last week.
Although last couple of weeks were characterized by low volume, today's break above 6675 could be signaling the continuation upwards.

We opened the day with a gap. This most likely created a vacuum as those who had a short position overnight, expecting 6650 to break, closed their positions creating in turn buying pressure. This buying pressure caused price to rise, which in turn attracted new buyers making price rise even further.

Thebull27 asked me to give me some personal analysis, but anyone who wishes to comment on this, please feel free to do so.

I don't feel comfortable trading breakouts personally, but anybody who was on the lookout could have gone long at the first green dot at around 6685. Price traveled up without many hesitations (only a slight pause at the probably psychological level 6700). It moved sideways until dropping off, down to 6702ish. Price decisively reversed from this point making it a swing point where price potentially found support.

Now, along the way we have established a higher high and a higher low, making this an uptrend. At the red dot however, there is a failure to go higher, which made me short. This is a risky short, as it is obviously counter-trend and one should consider a lesser risk:reward. A better trade was my long at 6705 (second green dot), where the first swing point confirmed that we have some support there. A close stop slightly below 6700 would have covered you in case you were wrong. On the next upmove we broke above the little intraday resistance found around 6718. This is a already a relatively late entry, but for those who want to catch the train it still offers a nice profit (as we speak price is already at 6740).

This is actually one of those times I wish I did trade breakouts. There is no reason to exit your position unless you have a lower low and a lower high, which has yet to occur.
But breakouts can be tricky... they offer a low win ratio, that's why it's very important you can get the most of those that do turn out as a valid breakout.

Attachments

• dax20070201.jpg.png
    dax20070201.jpg.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 189
Morning to everybody, I swing trade the dax mostly weekly as it has suited my trading style for some time. I intend to day trade as and when I can, but the charting site I use (Stockcharts) albiet excellent for daily, wekly and monthly analysis doesn't offer intraday trading charts. Can anbody recommend sites they use or have details about. regards

Dinos said:
Morning to everybody, I swing trade the dax mostly weekly as it has suited my trading style for some time. I intend to day trade as and when I can, but the charting site I use (Stockcharts) albiet excellent for daily, wekly and monthly analysis doesn't offer intraday trading charts. Can anbody recommend sites they use or have details about. regards

I like ProRealTime.com , they have a very nice charting package.

Dinos said:

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/MarketCharts/dax.php

Dax charts daily and weekly.....expecting a trend change (ie end of move up from July 2006 and eventually March 2003) in near future...

Attachments

• DAX daily 040107.JPG
    DAX daily 040107.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 197
  • DAX weekly 040107.JPG
    DAX weekly 040107.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 204
Good to see a dedicated Dax forum for 2007. Hope that it will be well supported.