Currensee

Thanks for the warning. Have we experienced or heard of anything similar with Zulutrade or Collective2?

Can automated systems be used to highlight interesting points in the data to look more closely at? One thing i noticed is that consistently the signals are late to the party and then it's a matter or whether the trend is strong enough to continue, whether it dips a little or fails completely.

Thanks for the warning. Have we experienced or heard of anything similar with Zulutrade or Collective2?

Can automated systems be used to highlight interesting points in the data to look more closely at? One thing i noticed is that consistently the signals are late to the party and then it's a matter or whether the trend is strong enough to continue, whether it dips a little or fails completely.

Hi Jago,

Have a look at TradingBlox, it's pretty useful to identify patterns, and may give you some ideas of systems and their efficacy. You might also find Covestor interesting. Both these have certainly worked for me.

I have tested zulutrade since June 12, I can't vouch for it and have not seen much to convince me that it or collective 2 works, that well. Same goes for Etoro, but I could be looking at the wrong things.

@ zozo,

you got ompounded net returns per annum are around 60%-80% on average and DD can be 15%-20%?
what is the level of equity you played with? How did you manage to actually collect? you copy/follow the traders?

Started off with 20k then added another 70k+.

I signed POA directly to trader.

POA generally refers to power of attorney and is not typically something you would grant to a discretionary broker/trader. In law it could usefully be argued that such action could be indicative of lack of requisite mental capacity on behalf of the grantor and thus invalidate any such undertaking. in other words, it is highly unlikely zoozo has done anything of the kind.

Might be an idea to ask zozzo to provide confirmation of his account performance before trusting any further data especially as currensee has already been shown to be less than on the level.

If POA should turn turn to mean something else entirely, please disregard this post, apart from the assessment of currensee, and zozzo's account performance.

Ohh I see, you are playing big money accounts! :sneaky:
What is POA of a trader? can you elaborate please:eek: first time I hear of it.

It means, i had to open an account with a forex broker and then sign power of attorney to the asset manager through the broker to place positions on my account.

POA generally refers to power of attorney and is not typically something you would grant to a discretionary broker/trader. In law it could usefully be argued that such action could be indicative of lack of requisite mental capacity on behalf of the grantor and thus invalidate any such undertaking. in other words, it is highly unlikely zoozo has done anything of the kind.

Might be an idea to ask zozzo to provide confirmation of his account performance before trusting any further data especially as currensee has already been shown to be less than on the level.

If POA should turn turn to mean something else entirely, please disregard this post, apart from the assessment of currensee, and zozzo's account performance.

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick.

I am not looking for people to invest with me. Besides most of you trade mini lots or have small accounts and are not reasonable thinking people because most have probably got burned.

I do have trading statements but will not waste my time sending to people.

zozo,

thanks for the clarification.

for more followers you can check out if you can make it on the zulutrade community ...
At ZuluTrade, a trade leader only gets rebates, not a portion of the investor's profits, so mostly churners there. It's not a split-profit program, unlike Currensee.

Wondering what some good Currensee alternatives are out there.

Dear all. A while back some of you kindly got in touch to share your experiences of ZuluTrade, eToro, and Currensee for a newspaper story about the pros and cons of copy trading.

I’m a British freelance journalist.

Rather unprofessionally, real life got in the way over the summer and the research was left on the shelf.

However, I'm belatedly getting round to writing it now – it’s going on the Telegraph.

Again apologies, I don’t normally work like this.

I’ve got some nice views from the US, Algeria and Jordan… the only thing I missing really is more views from the UK which are always good if you write for the UK papers.

Any Brits out there tried using ZuluTrade, eToro, or Currensee. How was it? Brilliant? Rubbish? Did you make any money?

Any views appreciated.

Pls get in touch
David

[email protected]

http://davidrobinsonjournalist.weebly.com

Dear all. A while back some of you kindly got in touch to share your experiences of ZuluTrade, eToro, and Currensee for a newspaper story about the pros and cons of copy trading.

I’m a British freelance journalist.

Rather unprofessionally, real life got in the way over the summer and the research was left on the shelf.

However, I'm belatedly getting round to writing it now – it’s going on the Telegraph.

Again apologies, I don’t normally work like this.

I’ve got some nice views from the US, Algeria and Jordan… the only thing I missing really is more views from the UK which are always good if you write for the UK papers.

Any Brits out there tried using ZuluTrade, eToro, or Currensee. How was it? Brilliant? Rubbish? Did you make any money?

Any views appreciated.

Pls get in touch
David

[email protected]

http://davidrobinsonjournalist.weebly.com
Hi David. For what it's worth:

As I mentioned here some time ago, ZuluTrade is all about rebates which attracts lots of the 'churn and burn' trade leaders who mainly care for the frequency of trading rather than its profitability. Anyone can become a trade leader with ZuluTrade in no time.

Currensee is different. They now do a stringent check-up on the prospective trade leaders, with some substantial due diligence on both them and their trading strategies, and a proper evaluation of their trading risk. They also require an extensive real-money track record prior to being considered as a prospective trade leader, then put the qualified ones under further live trading evaluation for several months under the "Emerging Strategies" section on their website. Not sure if it's always been this way with them or only after one of North America's largest retail FX brokerages Oanda purchased Currensee last year. Their earnings come solely from the net trading profits (the Currensee clients and trade leaders are not required to have their trading accounts with Oanda and often do not), so for Currensee to make money, their trade leaders need to make money. The number of trades is irrelevant, as the trade leaders don't profit based on their trading volumes but only from the profitability of their trading under the high watermark principle. Hope this helps.

Currensee is now gone for good. For some reason, OANDA would rather kill it than sell it. Here's what the farewell message on their website says:

"Important Notice: Please note that on October 31, 2014, Currensee and the OANDA Trade Leaders Program (OTLP) will cease operation. Following a strategic review including feedback from our customers around the world, self-directed trading remains their priority. As such, we will continue to focus on core OANDA principles of superior execution, competitive spreads, integrating with industry leaders like MT4, providing analysis tools from partners like Autochartist, and premium educational resources. Questions can be directed to [email protected]."

Checked through all 3, Adantia caught my attention more than the others (in a good way...)
Currensee Trade Leader Profile - ROCED.A
Hot New CTAs: Short-term traders on a roll
http://media.futuresmag.com/futures...Documents/ADANTIA (FX VERY AGGR.)-DETAILS.pdf
Adantia LLC
Adantia LLC’s 4 forex trading programs in 'outstanding’ performance YTD to launch hedge fund - Opalesque

I have to be honest, they look OK even to someone as cynical as me :)
Did some minor digging on directors too, didn't find anything negative.

In fact I found a few positives.
I did find out that Robert Clancy, President of Adantia is also a partner in:
Vertical Management Systems Mutual Fund Desk - VMSPortal
With a software design role amongst others.
Certianly a cut above a typical zulu provider unless I'm mistaken :)

For Immediate Release
February 10, 2014
NFA permanently bars Pasadena, Calif. commodity pool operator Equity Swarm LLC, commodity trading advisor Adantia LLC and two of the firms' principals, Purnardeep Sikka and Jagjit S. Sikka
http://www.nfa.futures.org/news/newsRel.asp?ArticleID=4384