Where will cable be at Fridays close

• Up

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Same

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Down

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
with 10 mins to go to 9am, the hans123 range would appear to be: 1.8695 / 1.8668.
Vegas (144/169)= 1.8780 (a very long way to go for a trigger)

Morning all, good luck today trendie. From memory the 1hr Vegas was superceded by the 4hr and then came Vegas Wealth Builder (VWB) parts I, II and III. I and II are free, he sells III.

Neil posted a link the other day to another ema strat on Forexfactory, hrly, 5/12 ema, RSI(21) through 50 filter and fib target levels (similar to Vegas). I guess the more cautious would trade with the prevailing trend (the hrly tunnel might be useful here, shorts below, longs above).

...VEBO short order just filled.

trendie said:
with 10 mins to go to 9am, the hans123 range would appear to be: 1.8695 / 1.8668.
Vegas (144/169)= 1.8780 (a very long way to go for a trigger)

I have no idea what the vegas method is but would I be right in thinking trades carry overnight or do you get new signals each morning.? Whenever I have looked at larger time frames (ie 1 hour) I have found that some trades last a few days at a time?

wasp said:
I have no idea what the vegas method is but would I be right in thinking trades carry overnight or do you get new signals each morning.? Whenever I have looked at larger time frames (ie 1 hour) I have found that some trades last a few days at a time?

Vegas is swing, so yes, multi-day / carry-over.
For some bizzare reason, I started using 24-EMA on hourlies, thinking I would get at least 1 trade a day or so.

gm all ... nice gap up..

Consumer prices rose more rapidly than expected in August, with the annual rate of inflation matching a record high.
According to the Office for National Statistics, the consumer prices index rose 0.4% from July and was up 2.5% from August 2005. The increase in the CPI was above expectations, with economists surveyed by Dow Jones last week having estimated that the CPI rose 0.3% on the month and 2.4% on the year.
The annual rate of inflation increased from 2.4% in July, and matched a record high also reached in June of this year and September of 2005. The series began in 1997.

Morning all. Difficult start for me as I thought the move through 8670 was the start of a move down. Small long following the break earlier but a little concerned as generally I see the dollar higher. As usual don't really care as long as we get a decent straight line move.

nice straight line at the moment... :cheesy:

will we stop at 800 area though... will we reach it :eek:

I did not get the move.. up.. got distracted there by something. which I cannot seem to remember

sounds like interest rates will be going up again now...

The dollar is pretty strong against everything except sterling which means one of two things: either Cable will turn soon (there will be resistance at 75/80) or if the dollar weakens we go much higher

Whats at 1:30 that could make a difference?

Sorry, being lazy, just looked.... US Trade balance :eek:

Rate Hike looms as inflation gathers pace

The chances of interest rates rising again in November increased today, after the Office for National Statistics (ONS) produced its latest inflation figures.

Inflation is what the Bank of England attempts to control by raising and lowering interest rates, and higher inflation generally leads to higher interest rates.

And the news is not good for borrowers as the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose again in August to 2.5 per cent, after falling slightly in July.

CPI is the government's preferred measure of inflation, and it has now been running above the government's target of two per cent since April.

The Bank of England's interest rate setting Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) raised interest rates in August to try and stem inflation, but this does not seem to have had an immediate effect.

And while the MPC has ignored many recent inflation increases - which have been largely driven by increasing gas, electricity, and petrol prices which are expected to fall again naturally - August's rise in inflation comes at a deeper level.

Figures from the ONS show that petrol prices actually reduced August's inflation figure, while prices for games, toys and hobbies, furniture and furnishings, home maintenance equipment, and clothing and footwear all increased by more than in August last year.

"Rising prices for items such as clothing, footwear and household goods will maintain the Bank of England's concern that underlying inflation is starting to creep up," said Howard Archer, chief economist at the Global Insight consultancy.

And this higher-than-expected increase is what is leading experts to predict another interest rate increase in November.

"Consumer price inflation averaged 2.45 per cent in July and August, above the 2.32 per cent average for the third quarter projected in the Bank of England's August Inflation report," Mr Archer said.

"We expect a 0.25 per cent interest rate hike in November, but believe that moderating growth will alleviate the need for further interest rises after that."

That spike must be good for the brokers and spreadbetters but not so good for the punters. Don't think we will see a break of the 75/80 level this afternoon but it would be nice if I was wrong

135 pips higher on the day, now the news is out of the way I can't see us breaching the highs again.

A tricky day IMHO but a break of 1.8715 could see us quite a lot lower. Having said that, I'm not hanging around for ever and if we don't see any more action in the next 45 mins I'm giving up today

It looks like a right hand shoulder forming on the 15min so we could see that break soon-ish.