Currency trading (Oct 2nd > 6th)

Where will it go? Where will it stop?

• Total voters
trendie said:
I am going to change my nick to Arkansas Aspidistra. :cheesy:
LOL trendie.

Quite humorous...

However the name Texas Hedge does not derive it's name from things horticultural.

If you go to Google and type in Texas Hedge you will see the name is taken from a particular trading style.

That said "today I will be mostly backing the Canadian Dollar"

Texas

Last edited:
Texas_Hedge said:
LOL trendy.

Quite humorous...

However the name Texas Hedge does not derive it's name from things horticultural.

If you go to Google and type in Texas Hedge you will see the name is taken from a particular trading style.

That said "today I will be mostly backing the Canadian Dollar"

Texas

TH,
I wasnt dissing you; I was bemused by "Kentucky Shrub". Thought I'd join in the fun.
( Colorado Cactus seems better for me. :) )

QUOTE:
Texas Hedge: ( amex.com )
A transaction that increases risk. Alternately, two or more related positions whose risk is additive rather than offsetting. An example might be buying calls to “hedge” a long position in the underlying.
ENDQUOTE:

TH, Is that right? INcreasing risk?

trendie said:
TH,
I wasnt dissing you; I was bemused by "Kentucky Shrub". Thought I'd join in the fun.
( Colorado Cactus seems better for me. :) )

QUOTE:
Texas Hedge: ( amex.com )
A transaction that increases risk. Alternately, two or more related positions whose risk is additive rather than offsetting. An example might be buying calls to “hedge” a long position in the underlying.
ENDQUOTE:

TH, Is that right? INcreasing risk?
Yes Trendie, the Hedge/style was flawed. (a minor misconception I believe)

Buying "Dec brent futures" and Buying dec USD/CAD futures is a good example. But, take an analytical look at this trade, Trendie (As I know you like to do) see if you can spot the advantage in the trade.

And I know, it was all good fun. I wasn't suggesting you were being disrespectful in any way.

Texas

Last edited:
Lets pump dollars

why not that swiss has more holes in it than the cheese. what wif them Japs blockin north korea because of something about nukes , that has to be tastie for dollar bulls ? uncle psychotic sam ,maybe but better the psycho you know than the one you dont.

Shrubs pumpin Buck's upside from here in..

Shrubs call,

usd/chf upside quicker than a chavs urine up a respectable neighbours side wall...

Eat PoT Fish

hut hut hut..... go...

thats me Dow position done with now just got to sort out cable

Bag o cash should do the trick

Hello chaps, just got in from work. Will there be any fireworks from Bernanke's speech? Fingers' at the ready ! I'm missing out here loads (not losing either which is good :cheesy: )

From forexfactory calendar..
Investica Analysis
Bernanke could well avoid comments on interest rate policy Definition
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will speak to the Economic Club of Washington DC. Audience questions expected.

When Bernanke speaks, traders look for clues on how he plans to adjust interest rates at the next Fed meeting. Because these clues can sometimes be obscure, the market tends to become very volatile during Bernanke's speeches.

yeh although I thought he's late as there's no action ! I'm paused to go long but everything else is saying short...

Me ave a word wiv dis Burntcake fella an I an I say chil man evertin is sorted ya know we is takin a trip wiv da Dow 820 in da mornin ya know, an we need some dolla for de ganja

dc2000 said:
Me ave a word wiv dis Burntcake fella an I an I say chil man evertin is sorted ya know we is takin a trip wiv da Dow 820 in da mornin ya know, an we need some dolla for de ganja
What's the Bobby Moore then DC, you in at the mo ? Long or short ? I just had to pop out for half hour and see it has risen a little... where's it going that's the million dollar question, If only I had a million dollars to put on it ;) It's not rising fast enough for me to actually get in and feel confident. Maybe upto 65ish and then back down ?

still short looking for an exit and being squeezed but no worries at the mo

a trip to 897 would see todays profit wiped will put a stop there overnight

dc2000 said:
still short looking for an exit and being squeezed but no worries at the mo

a trip to 897 would see todays profit wiped will put a stop there overnight
Me too mate, I just hopped on a FTSE short and cable. Although here's a pinbar forming on the daily cable chart... confusing though as it could be a pin in either direction ! Need tomorrows action to make it more clear... I'll put my stop in or get out depending on where it is at US close. I'm getting so frustrated only trading first thing in the morning and last thing at night when most of the action's finished. Gonna take a month off soon to have a go fulltime.

Attachments

• cable pin.JPG
    cable pin.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 165
leaving the FTSE until the morning early doors

Its quite funny really your looking to go more full time Im looking to go more part time

This guy Conan the Barbarian better not say anything he shouldn't while I'm sleeping to make the dollar move! Stop set, off to the land of zzzzz's. Any of you want to sell, be my guest, I want to wake to some readies not stopped out! I want at least 8830 by breakfast.

Thu. 10/05 12:30am USD Fed Governor Kohn Speaks

Morning all. I think it could be pretty quiet on the sterling front until the BOE announcement but I think that whatever it is, it will move the market because there is a chance of a rise. So we should get something decent at 12. I'd rather be wrong and have good few points in the bag before then though!

Morning Offshore,

I'm still in a short on cable, think I should have got out when it dropped to 42 though, fear I may get spiked out on the news later, stop's at 8900. Wont be able to watch the action when the news comes out so I'll miss it all again !

If it's any consolation, I think that we will mess around for 3 hours then the BOE will announce no change and it'll start on drop down below yesterday's lows to (hopefully) 8710........but I'll probably be wrong. As long as it's a big move I don't really care