Currency Trading (Nov 20th - Nov 24th)

Where will GBPUSD close at the end of theis week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jacinto said:
well, good luck, you too priceman.

i am calling it a day. too slow for my liking, and a 4 year old demands attention.
...me too once this top sorts itself out. Off to look at last year's Thanksgiving week chart for some clues.

Wished it would just do something, anything, just give me a sign ! Tight stop now on the long as it's scared of the 80 level. Everyone always says Mondays are the worst to trade, I should have stayed away today. Still these are the days you learn the most I spose. Good for discipline and all that, who needs the clean 100 pip moves in one direction :LOL: without retracement ?

I should be defending offshore centres but I like to know exactly who I am trading with, who they are regulated by and whether I'm going to get my money back. I would want to know a lot more before I got involved with a company based in the BVI. I am intrigued by their address in London given the domicile of the underlying company.

Offshore Trader said:
I should be defending offshore centres but I like to know exactly who I am trading with, who they are regulated by and whether I'm going to get my money back. I would want to know a lot more before I got involved with a company based in the BVI. I am intrigued by their address in London given the domicile of the underlying company.

I've got to say that the fist word that comes to my mind is scam. think you are spot on.

Today's fast moving market (!) was too much for Capital Spreads my stop earlier at 65 incurred a one point slippage. I've only been using them for a short time and small stakes. It's not been a great start to say the least.

Offshore Trader said:
Today's fast moving market (!) was too much for Capital Spreads my stop earlier at 65 incurred a one point slippage. I've only been using them for a short time and small stakes. It's not been a great start to say the least.
That's bad news mate, well if it's any consolation CMC did actually go to 64 ! What a rubbish waste of a day hey.

Priceman said:
That's bad news mate, well if it's any consolation CMC did actually go to 64 ! What a rubbish waste of a day hey.

Yes a waste of time and a 30 point loss. I think my relationship with Cap Spreads is going to be short. Til tomorrow...

Baruch said:

Interesting stuff, Baruch.

I actually know the CEO Mika Liebkind - he used to be a client of mine. He always seemed like a fair and reasonable person.

I've got the demo working ok - it is fairly basic but has simple charting which looks quite clean.

As to how they make their money I can only guess that they are assuming that the majority of their clients will be losing money even at choice prices so they are acting like a bucket shop. As a single counter-party they will also have the usual possibilities of skewing your exit prices so that once in a position even if they show choice it might be several pips on the wrong side of the market. There is also the possibility of slippage on stops etc. All the usual shenanigans that go with single counter-party trading are possible in fact.

Still it's an intriguing idea. Anyone feel brave enough to give them a go?

Offshore Trader said:
... I like to know exactly who I am trading with, who they are regulated by and whether I'm going to get my money back...
I double you on that OT.
But I have to admit I'm a coward when choosing a place to deposit any funds... :cheesy: