Critiquing Systems

trendie

Legendary member
I have just finished writing a response to a new Pivot thread, and then decided not to post it. I came up with reasoning why pivots arent as wonderful as claimed by the thread originator.
I also expressed interest in further posts by him in "real-time".

It then hit me that the other member was at a disadvantage as I dont post real-time trades myself! That was what stopped me posting my post.

(It may not appear so, but I have reduced much of my postings. :cheesy:
or at least, restrict myself to the Foyer, and general, threads.)

Is is fair to criticise other members ideas when I do not myself post real-time trades, or even declare my system rules?

Trendie,

Anything is a fair target as long as the criticisms are reasonable and perhaps add value. Your impression that not posting live trades undermines your credibility is wrong (although frequently used a cheap retort by the target).

If your criticisms identify weaknesses that are not apparent to others, and possibly saving them money in the process, then you're justified.

Grant.

Is is fair to criticise other members ideas when I do not myself post real-time trades, or even declare my system rules?

Trendie,

Anything is a fair target as long as the criticisms are reasonable and perhaps add value. Your impression that not posting live trades undermines your credibility is wrong (although frequently used a cheap retort by the target).

If your criticisms identify weaknesses that are not apparent to others, and possibly saving them money in the process, then you're justified.

Grant.

Grants right on there. Well said, "Reasonable w/value added"

Trendie, fire away my friend, just try and do it in a constructive manner. Remember many days/months/years might go into someones system.

Grants right on there. Well said, "Reasonable w/value added"

Trendie, fire away my friend, just try and do it in a constructive manner. Remember many days/months/years might go into someones system.

great. thanks for replies.
I'll just go and stick my nose in, then.

and I have started to post more often.!! (sitting pretty on +54 pips :cool: )