Scalping vs Medium-Term

OrionsFX

Minutes vs Days? Here is a good article I read and which might have justified my action in switching over from the minutes scalping to a effortless1-3 day strategy. As a wanna-be forex signal provider and speaking from my experience, it seems that it is not feasible and effective enough sending over real-time trading alerts to my subscribers. Scalping usually requires instant execution of trades in order to take advantage of the rapid-fast small price movements. My real-time alerts are just not going to be real-time enough by the time they could manage to execute. And they are not going to be convinced enough to take on the trade. I also found that it is actually a discouraging sign for individual traders to rely solely on such alerts and to execute without learning more about the prevailing market trends. No wonder only two persons who have so far expressed their interests over my real-time signals.

What's your strategy?
Medium 1 Scalping 0

I like to swing trade the indicies, but I am planning to scalp on forex when I have the time during the day next month.

But for your objective to provide trading signals, you're right that end of day signals are the only feasible method to use. People have to be able to recieve your signal, think about it, and then place a trade if they are happy about it, otherwise they may as well buy an automatic system.

danfreek said:
I like to swing trade the indicies, but I am planning to scalp on forex when I have the time during the day next month.

But for your objective to provide trading signals, you're right that end of day signals are the only feasible method to use.

Yes, my system encourages a unique way of swing trading the forex market (involving all popular currency pairs) by providing recommendations at end of day around 4pm EST. My point is to remove the need of constant technical monitoring. It is usually very difficult to beat the rapid-fast market moves without going through the grilling of up and down. Thanks danfreek.

Forex strategy preferred so far:
Swing 1 Scalp 1

As requested by OrionFX, im posting this here.

At the moment I use a fairly simple break out strategy to make my trades using end of day charts/quotes. Also due to time constraints in my life I have moved from intraday trading to looking for longer moves. My trades can last up to 10 days and I look to get 200-300 pips per trade. I trade 7 currency pairs and my strategy gives me about 15 trades per currency pair a year.

I use to always do intraday stuff, but found it too time consuming and stressfull.. Now I take a more laid back approach and plan my possible trades in the evenings and weekends. I set my entry point and base my stop and exit on ATR(20). When my entry is hit, I make the trade as soon as I can, but if it moves a bit that doesnt matter too much.

adrianallen99 said:
I set my entry point and base my stop and exit on ATR(20). When my entry is hit, I make the trade as soon as I can, but if it moves a bit that doesnt matter too much.

Thanks for the quick response, adrianallen99. I usually assess + open my trades straightaway near 4.00pm EST after identifying potential swing opporturnities at end-of-day, in hope to give myself a head start before active trading resumes. So, it doesn't matter to me too if the price moves as I hold a longer view on the market.

The story so far,
Swing 2 Scalp 1